old cedulas valid until 10th of january 2015

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
i had also the impression that the copies i brought been more of bothering her than necessary, lol. in my passport she had only a very very short llook, the cover was not even really opened during that procedure. what they wanted to see and checked out was the Residency Card to be up to date, as with the dates of that card the Data on the new cedula card will be processed/printed.

Mike

Exactly, my experience was the same. No passport, no copies of anything only looked at my cedula and residencia

May 20, 2012
Has anybody gone lately to get the biometric cedula? Anything different?

And is this the correct place/address to go for it? I cannot find this on google maps, and do not know my way around SD! Anyone have some helpful tips on where it is and how to best navigate to there from the East Coast?

Dept. Extranjer?a, Edificio Jhonson
Ave. General Gregorio Luper?n
Distrito Nacional, Sto. Dgo.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012

And is this the correct place/address to go for it? I cannot find this on google maps, and do not know my way around SD! Anyone have some helpful tips on where it is and how to best navigate to there from the East Coast?

They don't put numbers on buildings of the street anymore?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Not always..........

before Guzman moved their offices I had many failures finding them.

Once a taxi got lost,
second time I went ot the ambulance station nearby - they had no clue

and I was using the business card for address reference:confused:

SD can be tough

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That's the right place. Any taxi will know of and can take you to the Junta for about $250-$300 pesos from downtown. It is a nondescript building, yellow I think, with no obvious signage. Nothing to do on the first floor, so head up the stairs to the 2nd floor and you'll see the waiting room and a bunch of welcoming Dominican Govt functionaries just waiting to be of service.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

i am from the eastshores, too, and me too have no clue to navigate around SD.
here is what i did:
i drove with my truck to Higuey(as from my place the Guaguas start late in the morning) and took in higuey the Express Bus to SD. they run every 20 minutes all day long.
stay on that bus til his final stop at their mainstation, named Parque Enriquillo, there you take a 250.- pesos taxi and tell the driver to bring you to the "Junta/JCE Extranjeria", they know the place and bring you right there to the door.
they are actually not very busy, you should be in and out in 30 minutes.
once finished, tell 'em to call a Taxi for you and take that Taxi to go back to Parque Enriquillo to the Bus Station for Higuey.
it is cheap and hassle free.
in case you want to drive in your own car, i cant help on directions, for navigating in SD i am completely useless.

have fun

Mike

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
i am from the eastshores, too, and me too have no clue to navigate around SD.
here is what i did:
i drove with my truck to Higuey(as from my place the Guaguas start late in the morning) and took in higuey the Express Bus to SD. they run every 20 minutes all day long.
stay on that bus til his final stop at their mainstation, named Parque Enriquillo, there you take a 250.- pesos taxi and tell the driver to bring you to the "Junta/JCE Extranjeria", they know the place and bring you right there to the door.
they are actually not very busy, you should be in and out in 30 minutes.
once finished, tell 'em to call a Taxi for you and take that Taxi to go back to Parque Enriquillo to the Bus Station for Higuey.
it is cheap and hassle free.
in case you want to drive in your own car, i cant help on directions, for navigating in SD i am completely useless.

have fun

Mike

Getting to the JCE/Extranjeria is not to difficult of a drive. When you get into Santo Domingo, from the east, get on the 27th of February overpass and stay on the 27th of February , going through all of the tunnels, until it runs out at the Flag Rotunda. Go around the roundabout and pass the JCE main building, painted kind of mustard yellow, and travel on down that road about 500 meters to another JCE building, painted the same mustard-yellow color. There is parking inside but also on the sidewalk in front of the building. The cedula office is upstairs and takes about 30-40 minutes. Very organized and well run!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
driving..... just follow 27 de Febrero west to the end... a roundabout

squeal around the roundabout and veer off to the right at 2 o'clock or so... the last one before you get back to 27 as I recall
then watch on the right for an RD flag

If lost , I always enlist a motoconcho as a guide -- 100 pesos

May 20, 2012
Well, we're home again with new biometric cedulas in hand. Exito!

Thanks everyone for your help with directions.

FYI: Only asked for my old Cedula and Residencia. They made my Cedula expiration date the same as my Residencia....still totally free, not very crowded.....total of about 20-30 minutes. But organized? Not by my definition. If it ever does get crowded, it will be no picnic.

Free advice (worth every penny you paid for it!) is to get this DONE. I have to admit I am relieved to have this off our plate.

Last edited: