Old Navy at Downtown Center?

Jan 9, 2004
The rumor that Sirena and Walmart were in negotiations was because one of the sons or grandsons of Walton was seen in Santo Domingo hanging out with several people from the owners of Sirena. Many people don’t equate that if you are like Sirena owners who do attend supermarket trade shows in the USA, you will run into American owners of top American supermarkets and companies like Walmart which devotes a section to selling foods. It’s also a given that you will befriend some of them and others you know who they are but remain distant.

It also didn’t help that Sirena began to adopt certain practices of Walmart, but that was more copying Walmart than Walmart actually buying Sirena. The value of Grupo Ramos at that time was used as the potential amount it was sold for (US$700 million).

There gave been many rumors of major Dominican companies being bought by foreign ones. In some cases it was true (CODETEL, now Claro) and in other cases it wasn’t (Banco Popular).
CODETEL was previously owned by Verizon (VZ) until its sale to Carlos Slim of America Movil (AMX) fame.

While it was/is a Dominican company per se, it was owned/run as a subsidiary of Verizon and now by a subsidiary (CLARO) of America Movil.

I believe its beginnings stretch way back to a Canadian company............that acquired the rights to provide telephone service from the formerly government run telephone monopoly.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I was in Old Navy yesterday (Saturday). Lots of people in line at the cash registers to buy flip-flops.

The woman I was with was looking at prices and shaking her head.

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I was in Old Navy yesterday (Saturday). Lots of people in line at the cash registers to buy flip-flops.
Reference is made to post number #14
The woman I was with was looking at prices and shaking her head.
You obviously were hanging out with a smart woman.
One of mine bought me a used pair of Old Navy shorts that looked brand new.
They were nice.
Nothing wrong with the clothes from Old Navy.