Oldest car dealership celebrates its 100th anniversary

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

Santo Domingo Motors is celebrating its 100th anniversary this 2020 with the best deal for purchasing a vehicle in these Covid-19 virus times. The company is offering a 100-month financing plan at a fixed rate of 10% a year and free maintenance up to 100,000 kilometers.

In an interview with Diario Libre, Miguel Barletta, president of the Ambar Group and Aníbal Rodríguez, vice president of Santo Domingo Motors, reminisced that when the company started in 1920, only three vehicles were sold that year. Today, Santo Domingo Motors has 20% of the new vehicle market in the country. It has branches in Puerto Rico, Cuba and Venezuela.

Barletta says his grandfather founded the company almost by accident. He said his grandfather was an Italian immigrant who initially went to Puerto Rico where he had relatives. From there, he decided to travel to Venezuela, but the...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NALs

Polls Forum Moderator
Jan 20, 2003
Most people don't know this, but Santo Domingo Motors was the first company outside the United States to get the rights of distributing Chevrolet vehicles.

Jan 9, 2004
Most people don't know this, but Santo Domingo Motors was the first company outside the United States to get the rights of distributing Chevrolet vehicles.
The first non-US distributor for Chevrolet was in Canada (Ontario) ...........which was also the site of the first non-US production facility....in 1919.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Great story, but I can't help but wonder where the owners were driving. I found an old city map online (in Hebrew no less!) but not a lot of help. I'm guessing the autopista wasn't built yet.