Omicron no loss of taste or sense of smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Omicron, the seemingly kinder gentler CV19, could cause the world to finally say CV19 is endemic.

Companies could provide doses of Omicron instead of their vaccines.

Reactions: chico bill

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Small news item on CBC news yesterday that almost made me blow coffee out my nose. A guy in South Africa was hell bent on not being forced to get vaccinated due to the rise in Omicron infections. He arrived at the vaccination clinic with a false arm hoping staff wouldn’t notice. A for effort and creativity but F for not thinking it through.

Barbados, the newest Republic in the Caribbean, is now promoting itself as an Omicron escape destination. That’s a bit of a stretch considering that less than 50% of the population are fully vaccinated. Tourism is their main source of income and their numbers are way down since the pandemic began. It’s a desperate measure but it may work.

The DR has a much better vaccination rate. Maybe they should use the same tourist promotion approach.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Small news item on CBC news yesterday that almost made me blow coffee out my nose. A guy in South Africa was hell bent on not being forced to get vaccinated due to the rise in Omicron infections. He arrived at the vaccination clinic with a false arm hoping staff wouldn’t notice. A for effort and creativity but F for not thinking it through.

Barbados, the newest Republic in the Caribbean, is now promoting itself as an Omicron escape destination. That’s a bit of a stretch considering that less than 50% of the population are fully vaccinated. Tourism is their main source of income and their numbers are way down since the pandemic began. It’s a desperate measure but it may work.

The DR has a much better vaccination rate. Maybe they should use the same tourist promotion approach.
"Omicron escape destination."

I don't understand what that means.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

New Omicron variant could spell end for Covid-19 pandemic – top Russian scientist​

I summarize it this way: The new variant spreads very fast, but mostly asymptomatic. Symptoms are mild.
Is it good, is it bad?

From the Russian scientist: “We shouldn’t be afraid that the Omicron variant is spreading widely,” said Professor Altshtein, “but that it could turn out to be the most pathogenic variant, making infection worse.”

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Omicron, the seemingly kinder gentler CV19, could cause the world to finally say CV19 is endemic.

Canadian government just ordered 500,000 Merck Covid treatment pills. I guess they plan to dispense them to Omicron infected people to keep them out of the hospital.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

Correction. It was an Italian guy who arrived at a vaccination clinic with a silicone arm hoping to avoid getting the shot.

The new entry requirements are a confusing mess. I pity anyone returning from the DR to Canada over the next week. Airports are not geared up to meet the new additional testing requirements for returning Canadians. No isolation protocol in place for those testing positive other than they have to isolate. The Head of the Canadian Airport Association said airports will come to a halt if they have to test everyone. The government knee jerk reaction to the Omicron variant is starting to show its ugly side.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Is it good, is it bad?

From the Russian scientist: “We shouldn’t be afraid that the Omicron variant is spreading widely,” said Professor Altshtein, “but that it could turn out to be the most pathogenic variant, making infection worse.”
He also says: "Right now there are reasons to think that the Omicron variant could be less pathogenic,” he went on, meaning less able to cause harmful infection."

If it turns out that this tme the variations that survive follow the same pattern that viruses did the past million years in that they spread fast but do not kill their host, Omnicron is the vaccine from god that ends all evil very soon.
Of course only this time it is different, new vaccines will be rolled that need to be boostered every 6 month, better 3 months for at least 2 years.
You have to understand that to keep track of who is fully vaccinated of which variant a digital certificate is mandatory for everyone wherever one goes. Webcams with face recognition have to be installed in all places in order to protect the society from bad people that are terrorists and need to be kept out of public life.

Collateral of economic breakdown leading to hunger and great suffer to the masses is only the fault of the unvaccinated, but help is on the way in form of basic income. This of course is only managable with digital money that your central bank gives you for free and then you will not have the burden to carry paper and coins anymore, which also helps to stop spreading the virus. Yes, digital money might me used to control and correct every aspect of your life and btw to have negative interest rates, but you will accept it because it ends your suffer. Even better, you will own nothing and be happy.

Alexander

Reactions: anny95

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Way too early for all this speculation.
Wait a week, maybe two and there will be more clinical trials info.
Like, what really happened to real people who had the illness and what was their treatment.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Way too early for all this speculation.
Like, what really happened to real people who had the illness and what was their treatment.

No way! We need to panic and we need to panic now!

I went out and bought 42 cases of toilet paper just in case.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Time is money and in your best and shareholders interest Biontec already is doing what has to be done:

Prepare for at least 4 boosters for each new variant. The more the better. What could possibly go wrong.
Logic is not helpful when following an agenda.
Only the green passport will help us to keep track. China took the lead and look at the benefits for public health and the ability to correct unsafe behaviour.
The social score system linked to the certifications works great in China and will do in the rest of the world. Accepting the vaccines and the green passport identifies you as a good citizen and for each new booster you get good points. Maybe even you will get free entrance in a zoo for each 10 boosters, or the golden needle.
Omicron will and has to be really bad, why bother with trials when we already know the results.

Alexander

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Sounds good.
The more tourist arriving from everywhere the more money they will bring in. What could possibly go wrong?
I think what they should do is lock up all of the unvaccinated people across the world so that the fully vaxed folks (although the goal post will continue to move) can continue spreading delta, omicron and the lot among themselves.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Omicron is a muscled up cold and look at these groveling world "leaders" who have their panties wadded up.
They would never have won World War ii

Jan 9, 2004
According to at least this study out of Hong Kong....................it seems the two course placebo-like Si No Vac is also not very effective against the new variant Omicron;

Of course many vaccine proponents/governments now recognize this and have pivoted to what have come to be far better choices.

And as to why Si No Vac doses have now been recognized by western health agencies is no mystery...................seems to be purely financial to re-open travel.

On the other hand, it is also no mystery why China has still refused to recognize other vaccines manufactured/developed in the West........................seems to be purely political;

And so it goes............with vaccinated versus un-vaccinated debates used to muddy up the real end game(s) in all of this.....................money and politics..............but apparently.....................NOT health.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
FYI after the 3rd vaccine it will activate the human tracking gene in your body for big brother......

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Reactions: windeguy

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013

According to most early data it's slightly worse than the common cold. If they just called it a severe common cold instead of a fancy name no one would give a shit and the world could get back to semi normal.

In the mean time I will roll up my sleeve for vaccination #5

Status
Not open for further replies.