Omicron Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
5201 new cases in the last update. 3700 reported the day before. Not a doubling but a lot of spread that seems to be increasing day to day. I think we are just getting started here in the DR.
Flu cases in January that's what I see.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's a good explanation for the question many people have -

Why do some escape the virus & others get it multiple times?

===============================================
It's a few paragraphs from today's London Telegraph
-------------------------------------

But now, top immunologists suspect it might have a more profound explanation. Researchers in Britain and Brazil are looking at whether some people might possess a natural immunity to the virus. Even before the pandemic began, their immune systems already knew how to fight the virus, it is believed. If their blood and cells are studied carefully, this fortunate few could give scientists crucial insights into the nature of immunity. And they might just hold the key to the holy grail of pandemic research: a universal Covid vaccine, with the ability to knock out any variant.

We tend to think of immunity as something of an absolute – either we’re immune to a virus, or we’re not. But that hides a world of complications, says Danny Altmann, professor of medicine and immunology at Imperial College London. The genes that control our immunity are among the most diverse in the human body, he says, differing hugely from person to person.

When thinking about something like your blood type, he says, “there’s a very limited chequerboard” of gene combinations. But for immunity, “I’m talking about thousands of possibilities on your chequerboard; no two people will ever look the same.”

Reactions: mountainannie

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
More from the same article - T cell stuff (non-mRNA vax)
--------------------------------------------------------

As a result, we shouldn’t be surprised that some are more prone to catching viruses than others. We can see this happening in real-time in the laboratory. Researchers at Oxford University and Imperial College London are currently carrying out “challenge studies”, where volunteers are deliberately exposed to Covid, usually through a liquid solution sniffed into their nose, then kept in isolation and observed for two weeks.

All volunteers have received the same number of vaccines, and all are exposed to exactly the same quantity of Sars-Cov-2 (the virus that causes Covid), in exactly the same way. And yet, if it’s anything like previous challenge studies, scientists expect volunteers will mount notably different immune responses. Some will see their antibody and T-cells burst into action; others will not.

We can also see this playing out in hospitals. At the beginning of the pandemic, researchers at University College London recruited a large cohort of London-based healthcare staff for their COVIDSortium study. All of the volunteers were probably exposed to Sars-Cov-2 during their jobs. Their test results were monitored thoroughly. At the end of the trial, about 20 per cent of the healthcare staff showed signs of a clear-cut Covid infection, whilst 65 per cent had clearly not been infected.

But most interesting was the remaining 15 per cent. Members of this third group appeared to have experienced low-level “abortive infections”, not picked up on PCR tests. They didn’t have Covid antibodies in their blood, but they had a much higher T-cell count than average, with particularly high levels of the specific T-cell known to combat Covid. Essentially, their T-cells had nipped the virus in the bud before it ever got the chance to set up camp inside their bodies. It looked as though their immune systems already knew how to fight Covid, even though it was still the early days of the pandemic.

“They didn’t completely resist the infection, but they eliminated it so rapidly that it couldn’t be picked up by the standard test,” says Mala Maini, a professor of viral immunology at University College London, and co-author of the study.

Here was clear evidence that some people may be naturally immune to Covid. Prof Altmann, who was not involved in the study, says the results look “convincing

Reactions: mountainannie

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
More from the same article - T cell stuff (non-mRNA vax)
--------------------------------------------------------

As a result, we shouldn’t be surprised that some are more prone to catching viruses than others. We can see this happening in real-time in the laboratory. Researchers at Oxford University and Imperial College London are currently carrying out “challenge studies”, where volunteers are deliberately exposed to Covid, usually through a liquid solution sniffed into their nose, then kept in isolation and observed for two weeks.

All volunteers have received the same number of vaccines, and all are exposed to exactly the same quantity of Sars-Cov-2 (the virus that causes Covid), in exactly the same way. And yet, if it’s anything like previous challenge studies, scientists expect volunteers will mount notably different immune responses. Some will see their antibody and T-cells burst into action; others will not.

We can also see this playing out in hospitals. At the beginning of the pandemic, researchers at University College London recruited a large cohort of London-based healthcare staff for their COVIDSortium study. All of the volunteers were probably exposed to Sars-Cov-2 during their jobs. Their test results were monitored thoroughly. At the end of the trial, about 20 per cent of the healthcare staff showed signs of a clear-cut Covid infection, whilst 65 per cent had clearly not been infected.

But most interesting was the remaining 15 per cent. Members of this third group appeared to have experienced low-level “abortive infections”, not picked up on PCR tests. They didn’t have Covid antibodies in their blood, but they had a much higher T-cell count than average, with particularly high levels of the specific T-cell known to combat Covid. Essentially, their T-cells had nipped the virus in the bud before it ever got the chance to set up camp inside their bodies. It looked as though their immune systems already knew how to fight Covid, even though it was still the early days of the pandemic.

“They didn’t completely resist the infection, but they eliminated it so rapidly that it couldn’t be picked up by the standard test,” says Mala Maini, a professor of viral immunology at University College London, and co-author of the study.

Here was clear evidence that some people may be naturally immune to Covid. Prof Altmann, who was not involved in the study, says the results look “convincing
We all know hypochondriacs - the type who catch (at least in their mind) everything from Alzheimer's to Zika.
They freak-out, much as the world is doing now, over every virus. They may not have had sex in 30 years but swear they caught herpes from a toilet seat.

I recall one of these types back when I lived in Marin, CA. He worked for the Water Company I worked for. His "story" was he was feeding a squirrel on his deck when it bit him. For the next two weeks he convinced himself he would catch rabies.
He called his doctor twice a day ( a very tolerant doctor I must say) asking what he should do, would he catch rabies, what were his next steps, etc. He was a mess.

My point is this Covid is exposing the world's hypochondriacs - They all are certain this is the end (the big one that Fred Sandford always saw coming) -
I prefer to leave it in the hands of God ( taking my own health measures). When your time is up brother,..... you don't need no baggage, you just get on board.

• Love
Reactions: jd426 and thompstr

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My mother was a hypochondriac. I know those symptoms.
Chico Bill, I don't leave anything in mystical beings hands. After all they are figments of the imagination.
Personal responsibility is what I recommend for everyone. Analysis of facts, not faith in anything but myself.
Not fate, not reincarnation, not destiny, not other hoaxes perpetrated over time.

Back in the real world. My nephew who is a patent lawyer in Washington DC, his wife and kids, all Pfizered up and boosted are ALL positive with minor symptoms, sore throat, etc. His mother, my sister in law, expects a positive test result today because she also had similar minor symptoms. MSM and governments all have to now clearly say that vaxes cannot prevent spreading.

So in Italy vaccination is now Mandatory for those from the age of 50, while the vaccine pass moves on in France to piss off the unvaxed, which is about the only thing such a pass will do against Omicron.
Italy made COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for people from the age of 50, one of very few European countries to take a similar step, in an attempt to ease pressure on its health service and reduce fatalities. Meanwhile, France's parliament approved President Emmanuel Macron's plans for a vaccine pass to help curb the spread of the Omicron variant after a tumultuous debate whipped up by Macron's comments that he wanted to "piss off" the unvaccinated.

And Boosters for Teens in my home country : https://www.statnews.com/2022/01/05/cdc-advisers-recommend-teens-should-receive-covid-booster/

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Omicron Rapid Testing> Forgetabout it:

Anew study raises significant doubts about whether at-home rapid antigen tests can detect the Omicron variant before infected people can transmit the virus to others.

The study looks at 30 people from settings including Broadway theaters and offices in New York and San Francisco where some workers were not only being tested daily but were, because of rules at their workplaces, receiving both the antigen tests and a daily test that used the polymerase chain reaction, or PCR, which is believed to be more reliable.

On days 0 and 1 following a positive PCR test, all of the antigen tests used produced false-negative results, even though in 28 of the 30 cases, levels of virus detected by the PCR test were high enough to infect other people. In four cases, researchers were able to confirm that infected people transmitted the virus to others during the period before they had a positive result on the rapid antigen test.

“I think that with every new variant that comes, scientists have to question whether the things that were previously true are still true,” said Blythe Adamson, the lead author of the paper and the principal epidemiologist at Infectious Economics in New York. “This one has a different way it travels, a different mechanism of action of symptoms, it has different windows of transmission.”

So, it is PCR tests daily for all !

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Omicron Rapid Testing> Forgetabout it:

Anew study raises significant doubts about whether at-home rapid antigen tests can detect the Omicron variant before infected people can transmit the virus to others.

The study looks at 30 people from settings including Broadway theaters and offices in New York and San Francisco where some workers were not only being tested daily but were, because of rules at their workplaces, receiving both the antigen tests and a daily test that used the polymerase chain reaction, or PCR, which is believed to be more reliable.

On days 0 and 1 following a positive PCR test, all of the antigen tests used produced false-negative results, even though in 28 of the 30 cases, levels of virus detected by the PCR test were high enough to infect other people. In four cases, researchers were able to confirm that infected people transmitted the virus to others during the period before they had a positive result on the rapid antigen test.

“I think that with every new variant that comes, scientists have to question whether the things that were previously true are still true,” said Blythe Adamson, the lead author of the paper and the principal epidemiologist at Infectious Economics in New York. “This one has a different way it travels, a different mechanism of action of symptoms, it has different windows of transmission.”

So, it is PCR tests daily for all !
When the history is written on this Plandemic - they will see that strings are being pulled to experiment with populace control.
Politicians playing God, to see how far they can push people and backhand some Pharma payola for themselves.
There will be a voting revolution coming.
I suspect Australia will clean house ( I can not believe they have been so tolerant) and France and hopefully the US & UK
There is no hope for Canada as we all know

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Who are you going to trust your life with?

nSSLYx8.jpg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Reactions: I love Azua

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Want a 3-1/2 times greater chance to get Omicron than the unvaxed ?
Get boosted.
So vaccines seem to help you if you want to experience Covid

While I have a large percentage of fedupedness, that site might exceed mine.

Omicron, the final booster you will ever be told to need? Time will tell. I think not.
But it will lead into the official endemic stage, that I feel somewhat confident about.

Reactions: ben jammin

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

While I have a large percentage of fedupedness, that site might exceed mine.

Omicron, the final booster you will ever be told to need? Time will tell. I think not.
But Omicron will lead into the official endemic stage, that I feel somewhat confident about.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Talking to an ex client in the bank today. He said all his kids have gripe, and it isnt covid. Between Flu, colds, covid, dengue, alergies it seems pretty easy to get something.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Talking to an ex client in the bank today. He said all his kids have gripe, and it isnt covid. Between Flu, colds, covid, dengue, alergies it seems pretty easy to get something.
Did your ex client get all his kids tested for covid or is he an expert?

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Get boosted.

I've got a better idea - open Covid sanatoriums for the unvaccinated. They can be staffed by all of the unvaccinated and anti-vax nurses and they can take all the ivermectin they want, and they can stop taking up resources from people that actually believe in science & medicine.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Get boosted.

Where you keep finding these forked-tongue weblinks confounds me. From the actual study purported to be used in your article

The Omicron variant of concern (VOC) is a rapidly spreading variant of SARS-CoV-2 that is likely to overtake the previously dominant Delta VOC in many countries by the end of 2021.

We estimated the transmission dynamics following the spread of Omicron VOC within Danish households during December 2021. We used data from Danish registers to estimate the household secondary attack rate (SAR).

Among 11,937 households (2,225 with the Omicron VOC), we identified 6,397 secondary infections during a 1-7 day follow-up period. The SAR was 31% and 21% in households with the Omicron and Delta VOC, respectively. We found an increased transmission for unvaccinated individuals, and a reduced transmission for booster-vaccinated individuals, compared to fully vaccinated individuals. Comparing households infected with the Omicron to Delta VOC, we found an 1.17 (95%-CI: 0.99-1.38) times higher SAR for unvaccinated, 2.61 times (95%-CI: 2.34-2.90) higher for fully vaccinated and 3.66 (95%-CI: 2.65-5.05) times higher for booster-vaccinated individuals, demonstrating strong evidence of immune evasiveness of the Omicron VOC.

Our findings confirm that the rapid spread of the Omicron VOC primarily can be ascribed to the immune evasiveness rather than an inherent increase in the basic transmissibility

Big

Apr 24, 2019
My mother was a hypochondriac. I know those symptoms.
Chico Bill, I don't leave anything in mystical beings hands. After all they are figments of the imagination.
Personal responsibility is what I recommend for everyone. Analysis of facts, not faith in anything but myself.
Not fate, not reincarnation, not destiny, not other hoaxes perpetrated over time.

Back in the real world. My nephew who is a patent lawyer in Washington DC, his wife and kids, all Pfizered up and boosted are ALL positive with minor symptoms, sore throat, etc. His mother, my sister in law, expects a positive test result today because she also had similar minor symptoms. MSM and governments all have to now clearly say that vaxes cannot prevent spreading.

So in Italy vaccination is now Mandatory for those from the age of 50, while the vaccine pass moves on in France to piss off the unvaxed, which is about the only thing such a pass will do against Omicron.

And Boosters for Teens in my home country : https://www.statnews.com/2022/01/05/cdc-advisers-recommend-teens-should-receive-covid-booster/
most everyone I know in the metro D.C area has had a positive test

Reactions: jd426
Status
Not open for further replies.