Omicron Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Okay guys, you had your fun. Back on topic please.

846719FC-90B3-4673-A370-7824BB47E47E.jpeg

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
@juliaioffe
·
4h

"What's the point of the vaccine if you still get #COVID19?" Well, I had it once before the vaccine and was sick for 2 months, ended up in the ER with partially collapsed lungs, was left with asthma. I had it once post-vaxx, and it was a mild flu. Was feeling fine after a week.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have no references on this website - but the study was reported by Reuters

Some heavy duty reading -

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Quebec announces vaccine passport will be required to access the SAQs (liquor stores) and the SQDCs (pot shops).
Overnight the demand for vaccination appointments spiked from 1500 a day to 6000.
lol.
Hit them where it hurts.
They have been more than fair... the effective date is not until Jan18/22.

Around this part of the world it is no more Mr. Nice Guy.
Our health systems are stressed to the max.
Dubé, the Health Minister, says that 50% of the hospitalized are unvaccinated while representing only 10% of the population.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
At least Abinader gets it.
There will be no more lockdowns or travel restrictions.

Now if they can just drop masking requirements and vaccine card flashing this can truly become not just a tourist mecca but also a temporary living refuge for so many Canadians, Europeans and some US states where the control has produced fed-up masses

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
If you read the news from Africa you will see that this new variant is nothing more that a nasty cold. The world / media is once again overacting and fear mongering. I have my 2 shots of sinovac, got the virus in July. My shots end there for the time being.
Fear mongering will increase exponentially for exactly 10 more months.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
@juliaioffe
·
4h

"What's the point of the vaccine if you still get #COVID19?" Well, I had it once before the vaccine and was sick for 2 months, ended up in the ER with partially collapsed lungs, was left with asthma. I had it once post-vaxx, and it was a mild flu. Was feeling fine after a week.
I do hope that people after two years realize the benefit of vaccination is a reduction in severity when infected. And that vaccines prolonged the pandemic.

If not, they will probably forever remain clueless. At any rate, lets move on. It is time. Kids should be in school and people who want to work should be able to.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
And yet the world did not collapse like the original predictions when people aboard cruise ships were denied docking around the world. I am sure the ship's doctor knows how to treat symptomatic cases. I suspect half of the cases didn't even know they had anything (maybe false positives).
Ship's doctors might be able to administer zinc & Ivermectin and may even have monoclonal treatments if someone actually gets seriously ill.

And there are corticosteroid sprays, which don't require script here in DR, that can prevent or lessen symptoms of Covid.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
At least Abinader gets it.
There will be no more lockdowns or travel restrictions.

Now if they can just drop masking requirements and vaccine card flashing this can truly become not just a tourist mecca but also a temporary living refuge for so many Canadians, Europeans and some US states where the control has produced fed-up masses
Yes he should do it like in Florida :rolleyes:

Reactions: SKY and OwnRules

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Good thing the folks at Faux News aren't hypocrites and they practice what they preach - oh, wait. It's their viewers that shouldn't get the jab:

Fox Corp. Tells NYC Employees: You Must Get Vaxxed

A memo was sent to Fox staffers in New York City that they would need to be compliant with the city’s mandate that requires proof of vaccination for in-person workers by Dec. 27.

Fox News employees located in the network’s New York City offices will now be required to have at least one vaccination shot by Dec. 27 if they want to work in the office, according to an internal memo sent to the company’s staffers.

“All workers in NYC who perform in-person work at an office location, including Fox employees, must show proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine,” the Fox Corp. memo, first obtained by The Washington Post’s Jeremy Barr, stated. Fox Corp. is the parent company of Fox News.

New York City-based Fox staffers will no longer be allowed to skip the vaccination requirement by submitting a negative COVID-19 test, per the new guideline.

<snip>

Outside of New York City, Fox staffers are not technically subjected to a vaccine mandate but must adhere to the company’s stringent protocols, which require employees to either provide their vaccination status or submit to daily COVID-19 tests in order to work in the office. The Biden administration’s requirements for large private employers, meanwhile, only calls for weekly testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.