Omicron Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2004
COVID-19 January 13, 2022 | 11:32 am

Public Health reports 5,953 new COVID cases; zero deaths again​

Santo Domingo .- The Ministry of Public Health reported Thursday 5,953 cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, with zero deaths, while the daily positivity continues with an astronomical 38.46%, mainly driven by the presence of the omicron variant.

This also from your source. One day earlier. So one day later with no deaths reported in 24 hours you explain it.........
That is easy to explain.

Your article talks about the last 24 hours............and your statement was "In the DR there has not been ONE death the past several days."

Just a matter of understanding several days is more than 24 hours.

And ............You are still correct..................that there has not been ONE death in the past several days...............there have been SEVEN.

Carry on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
That is easy to explain.

Your article talks about the last 24 hours............and your statement was "In the DR there has not been ONE death the past several days."

Just a matter of understanding several days is more than 24 hours.

And ............You are still correct..................that there has not been ONE death in the past several days...............there have been SEVEN.

Carry on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
So 7 deaths in several days, that is tons better than what is outside your window.......................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For all intents and purposes it is gone now. Bars open normally and restaurants and no masks in sight, no social distancing and people enjoying themselves.
The normals have moved on.
Omicron doesn't frighten anyone but the doomsday prognosticators
Exactly what I saw in Cabarete at lunch time.

Reactions: chico bill

latitude19

May 29, 2011
The US has one of the highest overweight populations, along with poor diet and a fairly sedentary lifestyle for most. If you are overweight and sedentary, there obviously is much greater risk of serious covid issues. This is likely why there have been more deaths in the US than any other country. Omicron is definitely something to be feared in the US, but not so much by healthy people, but by fat, old and sedentary, and also inundation of hospitals and disruption of normal events.

_________________Ave. Age____Ave. Wt. Ibs.
South Africa____27.6_________141.8
Britian__________40.5_________187.0
Canada_________41.1_________187.0
USA____________38.1_________199.7

South Africa is calling Omicron Mild
Most unvaccinated South Africans had CoViD before. The rest of us... not so much.
Most South Africans are not Vitamin D deficient. The rest of us... not so much.
Unvaccinated (poorer) South Africans are more likely to do manual labour (be fit).
Most of South Africa's older people have been vaccinated once or twice. Same for the rest of us.

So. . . how well do you think our unvaccinated older (40's), couch potatoes will do?

Our populations are not the same.

It will take Britain 2 more weeks to have enough data to say if it is REALLY mild in Britain.
It will take the USA 4-6 more weeks to have enough data to say if it is REALLY mild in the USA.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I think it's best to call a stop to playing Russian Roulette with potential heart failure unless you have to return to Canada and God only knows what the Vax crazy Govt will demand
I have a competent cardiologist here. I also have a cardiologist in the family, practising in Kingston Ontario. He doesn't believe the vaccination would be a problem for me but won't give a thumbs up without personally checking me out.

Reactions: ben jammin

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't know about that(?). There was one poster here(Harleysrock?) that posted he still was suffering from side effects 3 months later and a friend of mine in Florida still has fatigue and shortness of breath 5 months later.
They’re called long-haulers and I know a couple of them.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I don't know about that(?). There was one poster here(Harleysrock?) that posted he still was suffering from side effects 3 months later and a friend of mine in Florida still has fatigue and shortness of breath 5 months later.
I think cb meant it's not a myth if i read his post correctly - i may be wrong. The article discusses how long term sa are a myth. There's no way we can even begin to assess long term at this juncture. The data collection is only a year old

Reactions: cavok

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My son is still suffering fatigue and shortness of breath for about a year and a half now. He's on restrictive duty/desk job only at work because of it.

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think cb meant it's not a myth if i read his post correctly - i may be wrong. The article discusses how long term sa are a myth. There's no way we can even begin to assess long term at this juncture. The data collection is only a year old
Very true. There are many fully FDA approved medications whose long term negative side effects only showed up several years later and who's to say that any long-term side effects will immediately be attributed to covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.