On immigration DR succeed where other Countries fail. By Dr ambassador to US

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Why has the discussion drifted far away from the OP and the linked article upon which the headline was based?

Nothing whatsoever to do with fences and keeping Haitians out. That is another separate topic.

Remember a few months ago the Huffington Post was castigating DR along with all the other lazy and biased USA journalists and Haitian supporters together with many on this forum. Amazing what happens when they find out the reality.

(This one is for you 'bronzie'...best wishes)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Having lived in both Hungary and the Dominican Republic I was thinking the comparison is like black to white or may be day to night but I do understand your point.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Having lived in both Hungary and the Dominican Republic I was thinking the comparison is like black to white or may be day to night but I do understand your point.

thats my point, Christo.
like black&white.
the DR implemented the right rules/Laws while EU is missing any common agreement to have any common EU ruling.
on the other hand,
outer frontier portion Hungary really sealed a border,
while DR keeps a open $$$-Border policy which makes all rulings worth nothing.
both run one part of the game right,
if they would copy the other part from each others, there could be some salvation.

WW,
exactly, that was a full agreement to yours, even that we posted at the same time, lol

Mike

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
The Dominican Republic also grows better avocados and mangos than many other countries, so what? It is a false comparison because the immigration situation in the Dominican Republic is very different from the situation in Europe, North America, and oh let's see...North Korea/South Korea. The report is borderline propaganda. There are some valid points but the premise is misleading.

the point of a comparison is,
that the topic states DR runs it's immigrations rules more successful than other countries,
so Wild Bill brought Hungary as a example of other countries,
and i showed my agreement with that other country's actual action
as defense on a overflowing illegal immigrations wave.
to cover that Hungarian Point, the point with the actually closed border patrouiled by guards in a just good 100ft distance one to an other,
is exactly what the DR on their new Immigrations thingy is missing completely:
Border Control.
your Immigrations Laws are worth nothing without control over your border's "Movements".
the DR border with Haiti is wide open, "Entrance Tickets" to the show sold for a few pesos right there at the border crossings.
as long as the border situation in DR does not change a 180 degrees turn around,
so long the new laws will be for a significant part be useless.
hence the comparison

Mike

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
It is a serious ordeal, the conditions in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and other places in the middle east. It is comical how the USA and EU respond to the immigrations crisis. Sending drones, war planes, black ops and arming people to support revolting. Fearing Russia's escalating in the region, the USA and EU allows the locals to fight it out. You are only killing each other and the "strategic resource" OIL is not significantly interrupted, which that would have warranted an immediate resolve to the fighting.

The USA was in the front for the charge on DR immigration policy. Which I believed scrutiny was needed to raise awareness of the potential to prevent a possible mass deportation. It is was claimed at the national level, the process would be civil and considerate. For many, and still counting, it appears it has. The DR deserves a pat on the back.

Returning to the US and EU involvement in other countries. People immigrate to improve their conditions. Many migrate from the DR to other countries opening their options to economical elevate their family. There would be less migration from the DR, if EU and USA companies who own resorts and other large businesses would not work people 6 days a week for 10 hours at wages illegal in their home country.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It is a serious ordeal, the conditions in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and other places in the middle east. It is comical how the USA and EU respond to the immigrations crisis. Sending drones, war planes, black ops and arming people to support revolting. Fearing Russia's escalating in the region, the USA and EU allows the locals to fight it out. You are only killing each other and the "strategic resource" OIL is not significantly interrupted, which that would have warranted an immediate resolve to the fighting.

The USA was in the front for the charge on DR immigration policy. Which I believed scrutiny was needed to raise awareness of the potential to prevent a possible mass deportation. It is was claimed at the national level, the process would be civil and considerate. For many, and still counting, it appears it has. The DR deserves a pat on the back.

Returning to the US and EU involvement in other countries. People immigrate to improve their conditions. Many migrate from the DR to other countries opening their options to economical elevate their family. There would be less migration from the DR, if EU and USA companies who own resorts and other large businesses would not work people 6 days a week for 10 hours at wages illegal in their home country.

right,
but very different circumstances on one keypoint:
the Saudis would not pay money to Haiti or DR to buy weapons in the USA,
so they don't wanna anything to escalate in the relaxed peaceful caribbean.

Mike