On January 26 they will decide whether to send Kenyan troops to Haiti

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I often travel the road from Sabaneta to Los Brazos. After the recent re-paving, they are now laying the curbs along the side. Every worker is black, so I assume Haitian, and they work really hard. Unlike Dominican workers, I don't see any of them doing anything but work. This last holiday weekend they were working until dark all the time, including Sunday and Monday.
I am sure there are a dozen other posters that observe the same thing.

How many of them are working legally?

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
As the influx of Haitians continue, in a number of years the haitians and Dominican intermarry... the population on this island will become very similair thus making this island one big country...So as some of the larger countries on the planet think that solves the problem, without any kind of intervention............
The Taino, an Arawak subgroup, were the first Caribbean natives encountered by Christopher Columbus on Hispaniola in 1492 (Agency, C. I. A. 2013). They originated from the Orinoco and Amazon rivers area in South America.

In modern days and according to genealogical DNA testing, the genetic makeup of the Dominican population is estimated to be 52% European, 40% Sub‐Saharan African, and 8% Native American‐Taino (Montinaro et al. 2015). The general population of the country is divided into three ethno‐racial groups. Mulattoes or mixed race Dominicans are 73% of the population. They are mainly of African and European descent. White Europeans of mainly Spanish and French descent compose 16% of the population and Black Africans compose the remaining 11%.

Reactions: USA DOC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
USA DOC said:
As the influx of Haitians continue, in a number of years the haitians and Dominican intermarry... the population on this island will become very similair thus making this island one big country...So as some of the larger countries on the planet think that solves the problem, without any kind of intervention............
What happens in 1,000 years isn't the immediate concern.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The Taino, an Arawak subgroup, were the first Caribbean natives encountered by Christopher Columbus on Hispaniola in 1492 (Agency, C. I. A. 2013). They originated from the Orinoco and Amazon rivers area in South America.

In modern days and according to genealogical DNA testing, the genetic makeup of the Dominican population is estimated to be 52% European, 40% Sub‐Saharan African, and 8% Native American‐Taino (Montinaro et al. 2015). The general population of the country is divided into three ethno‐racial groups. Mulattoes or mixed race Dominicans are 73% of the population. They are mainly of African and European descent. White Europeans of mainly Spanish and French descent compose 16% of the population and Black Africans compose the remaining 11%.

Yes and soon the genetic makeup will change again

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Yes and soon the genetic makeup will change again
Considering that the influx of homologous Haitians will happen, do they have a voodoo gene to introduce into the Dominican gene pool?
So far the DR seems to be safe from Muslim gene introduction.
But what may the Kenyans introduce if they should arrive?
Surely different results than the Nepalese Peacekeepers, I imagine.

Mysterious ways of international politics.

However, the more things change the more they stay the same.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
NALs, I have seen the law's requirements of 80/20 workers and suspect nobody ever pays attention to it. Why would they when there is cheap illegal labor available?
In the last government, Fadul even suggested the 80/20 law should be eliminated. What happen to enforcement? lol

That law exist to protect Dominicans the right to find a job in the Dominican Republic.

In another unrelated interview Fadul said proudly that his last names are Fadul Fadul and that both of his parents are from Lebanon. Look at that, unlike most Dominicans that can only point to the DR as the origin if their parents, grandparents, great grandparents... You have to go really back in time to find someone born somewhere else.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the last government, Fadul even suggested the 80/20 law should be eliminated. What happen to enforcement? lol

That law exist to protect Dominicans the right to find a job in the Dominican Republic.
But, nobody that hires people pays attention to it.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Considering that the influx of homologous Haitians will happen, do they have a voodoo gene to introduce into the Dominican gene pool?
So far the DR seems to be safe from Muslim gene introduction.
But what may the Kenyans introduce if they should arrive?
Surely different results than the Nepalese Peacekeepers, I imagine.

Mysterious ways of international politics.

However, the more things change the more they stay the same.
yes the gene pool will have voodoo genes... and after super bowl sunday, when all my friends from the usa have left this country... I am sure they will leave gringo genes behind......

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The president of Kenya says his troops are coming!

“This mission can take place as early as next week”: President of Kenya announces the sending of police to Haiti​

By
We are Pueblo Media

January 30, 2024

Kenya will continue with its plan to lead the Multinational Security Support Mission in Haiti. This despite a Nairobi court blocking the launch last week. This was stated this Tuesday by the President of Kenya, William Ruto.
This mission can take place as early as next week if all the documents between Kenya and Haiti are completed in the bilateral logic suggested by the court,” Ruto declared on the sidelines of an Italian-African summit in Rome.

Uncertainty hung over the future of the mission on Friday after Kenya's court ruled that it would be unconstitutional to deploy officers abroad unless there was a “reciprocal agreement” with the host government.
Ruto said Haiti had requested aid months ago and he hoped a request would arrive soon to satisfy the court's demands.
Source: Ndigital

• Wow

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

“This mission can take place as early as next week”: President of Kenya announces the sending of police to Haiti​

By
We are Pueblo Media

January 30, 2024

Kenya will continue with its plan to lead the Multinational Security Support Mission in Haiti. This despite a Nairobi court blocking the launch last week. This was stated this Tuesday by the President of Kenya, William Ruto.
This mission can take place as early as next week if all the documents between Kenya and Haiti are completed in the bilateral logic suggested by the court,” Ruto declared on the sidelines of an Italian-African summit in Rome.

Uncertainty hung over the future of the mission on Friday after Kenya's court ruled that it would be unconstitutional to deploy officers abroad unless there was a “reciprocal agreement” with the host government.
Ruto said Haiti had requested aid months ago and he hoped a request would arrive soon to satisfy the court's demands.

I feel like this is the deaf helping the blind

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

By
We are Pueblo Media

January 30, 2024

This is the Hail Mary pass I was expecting. Positive proof that money talks and legal bullshite walks. Kenyan police? Kenyan Military? A mercenary by any other name is still a mercenary. The lyrics, “Roland was warrior from the land of the midnight sun, his Thompson gun for hire , fighting to be done” are ringing in my head. Lines from Warren Zevon’s brilliant song Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner. A vastly underrated songwriter, by the way.

Nobody can deny that the Kenyan proposal for Haiti hasn’t been interesting. Up and down more than certain Pedro Clisante ladies knickers on a Saturday night. The Kenyans will be an,”unknown quantity”, in Haiti. Not followers of the rules of war (an oxymoron if there ever was one) there will be many who will cry foul including some Haitians still vying for political power by violent means. One would think that any interest by politicians and gangs to control poverty stricken Haiti would have diminished of its own accord by now. It’s a bottomless money pit with no money available. Don’t expect miracles . Peace delivered at gunpoint never lasts and you can’t kill political ideas, good or bad.

President Abinader must be breathing a sigh of relief. The last thing he wants to do is waste more DR military and financial resources on Haiti. He has bigger fish to fry with a pending election.

As one DR1 wag once posted, “break out the popcorn”.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Warren Zevon was brilliant. Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan...

In this case mercenaries that will get chewed up and spit out of Haiti. I thought the Kenyans were smarter.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Ah, but that is ancient history. That was then and this is now... So would Dominicans build all of those things today?
If there was no Haitian work force for the powerful developers to rely on,yes. The developers would have zero choice but to raise the wages paid to Dominicans to a salary high enough to attract the Dominicans. The developers would have no choice but right now they don't have to pay a wage high enough to attract Dominicans so the greedy mofo's pay Haitians slave wages and pocket as much money as they can,it's sickening if you ask me.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Warren Zevon was brilliant. Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan...

In this case mercenaries that will get chewed up and spit out of Haiti. I thought the Kenyans were

In this case mercenaries that will get chewed up and spit out of Haiti. I thought the Kenyans were smarter.
There is a HUGE difference between the Kenyan police and the military. The Kenyan military are badass ruthless killers,the police are well,police. Big difference,the police would last a week and beat feet back to Kenya. If they were to send their military then the chit WILL hit the fan.