Online entry and departure forms for DR travel

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
E-Ticket-Migracion.png

The Ministry of Tourism announces that the start of implementation of the Portal of Electronic Ticket of Entry and Exit of the Dominican Republic for 29 November 2020. Travelers will need to use it to register and fill out the information required by the Migration and Customs agencies and the Ministry of Public Health. It will be a required form for all passengers entering or leaving the Dominican Republic, whether they are Dominican or foreigners. This digital form will replace the paper forms used at present.

From 29 November until 1 January 2021 paper forms will still be allowed. As of January 2021, the online form will be mandatory and exclusive of use. This form must be filled out before entering Migration.

The form can be accessed through the following link: E Ticket. The online page also contains the steps for filling out the form and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I can see nothing but problems with this.

1) how are passengers advised to fill out the online forms
2) filling out the forms on a small phone is difficult. What if you don't have a smart phone?
3) Getting a print out of the resulting QR code from your laptop if you don't have a capable phone
4) finding and installing an app on your phone to display the QR code saved as a pdf file.
5) who is providing the wifi to access the form at the airport if you arrive without it?

This isn't going to work smoothly or maybe not at all. It certainly isn't easier for the traveler.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
A possible means to insure that visitors have return flights purchased, root out chronic overstayers, and/or ensure persons have their New World Order Covid19 Testing Results and Vaccination?

Reactions: DR fan1990

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A possible means to insure that visitors have return flights purchased, root out chronic overstayers, and/or ensure persons have their New World Order Covid19 Testing Results and Vaccination?
This cannot possibly be used to root out chronic over-stayers. That will never happen.

Please note the satire above.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not owning a cell phone, I guess I won't be able to travel any more starting next year.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This will be a disaster, and cancelled within a month of full start up. Meaning no app on your phone you cannot fly. Never happen....................................

Imagine checking in at SDQ and 3 people in front of you have no clue about this? What happens then?

Reactions: Russell

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This will be a disaster, and cancelled within a month of full start up. Meaning no app on your phone you cannot fly. Never happen....................................

Imagine checking in at SDQ and 3 people in front of you have no clue about this? What happens then?
Maybe separate lines? Fast moving if you can show your code on phone. Long wait in another line if you can’t????

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The only way this can possibly work is if the DR govt creates an app for a cell phone that does it all in one place. Logging into a website to fill out a form on a computer and then trying to get the resulting pdf file onto your phone that has an app that can display it is doomed to fail. I don't currently have an app that displays pdf files on my phone and I don't know of any off hand but there must be some out there. There is no way my Mother would be able to successfully pull this off by herself. This will be a disaster and people will probably miss flights because of it. Standing at the check in counter at POP airport without this e-ticket and you'll be stymied. The airline isn't going to print it out for you. I don't even know if a paper printout of the eticket will be accepted.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The only way this can possibly work is if the DR govt creates an app for a cell phone that does it all in one place. Logging into a website to fill out a form on a computer and then trying to get the resulting pdf file onto your phone that has an app that can display it is doomed to fail. I don't currently have an app that displays pdf files on my phone and I don't know of any off hand but there must be some out there. There is no way my Mother would be able to successfully pull this off by herself. This will be a disaster and people will probably miss flights because of it. Standing at the check in counter at POP airport without this e-ticket and you'll be stymied. The airline isn't going to print it out for you. I don't even know if a paper printout of the eticket will be accepted.
Not according to the information provided. No paper starting January 1, 2021 . Electronic only.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Well they had the means on paper, literally, up until now.......everybody had to fill in the forms and hand them over at migracíon.

I always wondered if they burned those little blue and white forms daily, or of they have a warehouse full of them somewhere....... And probably 5 guards, son's of or friend's of, paid 400k pesos a month to insure their safety. 😆😆

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
We also need to think about how this would work in the big all-inclusives in Bavaro. Often these charge a lot for internet use and if people have to fill in a form online before checking in for their flight home it could be a big problem.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Well they had the means on paper, literally, up until now.......everybody had to fill in the forms and hand them over at migracíon.

I always wondered if they burned those little blue and white forms daily, or of they have a warehouse full of them somewhere....... And probably 5 guards, son's of or friend's of, paid 400k pesos a month to insure their safety. 😆😆
And air conditioned to prevent mold

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016

Lots of eye rolling and negative body language

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not according to the information provided. No paper starting January 1, 2021 . Electronic only.
You have been here long enough not to take "provided information" as the last word.

The "provided information was that starting Nov 2 all teaching would be done on computers and TV.

Then they realized a large percentage of the children don't have access to either, and even if given a computer don't have the electricity to use it.

Reactions: Russell and aarhus

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You have been here long enough not to take "provided information" as the last word.

The "provided information was that starting Nov 2 all teaching would be done on computers and TV.

Then they realized a large percentage of the children don't have access to either, and even if given a computer don't have the electricity to use it.
I have been here longer than that, even... Hey, they still allow overstays. Nothing in the laws about that allowance.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I'm Fcuked !
Laptop, no printer , cell phone for answering and making calls.... Old Dog , no new tricks please.
Have to hire a 12 year old to do it for me I guess.
I like the Canadian/American system show passport, spend 6-7 months in sunny florida , come home.
Uruguay has a great system as well , Three months on ticket, can apply for residency without returning to Home Country just make sure you have all the docs listed.
Why complicate things to the point that it frustrates visitors.

Reactions: Bred