Online entry and departure forms for DR travel

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If a printed copy of the e-ticket is allowed, I can always go to a copy store and pay to print it out. Otherwise, I too would be unable to comply without some help configuring my phone to display the document. They need an dedicated cell phone app not a website that produces a file that then needs wifi, and a portable browser to be saved/downloaded and displayed. Entering the requested info on a small cell is very difficult and time consuming with big fingers. This plan like so many others is not well thought out.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Maybe separate lines? Fast moving if you can show your code on phone. Long wait in another line if you can’t????
Then what do they do? Hold up all the planes until this is sorted out? Or fly minus 25% or more of paying customers..................................

Dominicans are not much for showing up early for anything..................

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm Fcuked !
Laptop, no printer , cell phone for answering and making calls.... Old Dog , no new tricks please.
Have to hire a 12 year old to do it for me I guess.
I like the Canadian/American system show passport, spend 6-7 months in sunny florida , come home.
Uruguay has a great system as well , Three months on ticket, can apply for residency without returning to Home Country just make sure you have all the docs listed.
Why complicate things to the point that it frustrates visitors.
Simple answer is: this is not your country. You don't have a say in the matter. It's accept or not accept. Beautiul system of democracy.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Simple answer is: this is not your country. You don't have a say in the matter. It's accept or not accept. Beautiul system of democracy.
I agree completely with you, no argument here.... Old dogs need new tricks regardless of preferences.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
just a thought, but has anyone shared this with the new lady at the POP airport. saw a post a while back where there was the new position at POP to improve the experience?? wouldn't be bad to voice the concerns with her?

Reactions: drstock

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
A friend of mine did a trial run and this is the result:

1606245194354.png

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
I tried to load that new entry/exit page and it was down for maintenance. What happens if you don't have a phone. I mean it can't be a prereq for anyone coming on vacation to own a smartphone right? Or a home printer?

I can see the two lines as a viable option, one for e-forms.. and one for standard paper forms

Reactions: drstock

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
Anyone else try to complete this form on an iphone? I get to the General Information section and the fields aren't allowing me to fill them in...WTF? I got past the Security page but the first question asks about Permanent Address and none of the fields open up for data.

Ardvark

Jul 20, 2020
Canada/DR
Very hard to do on any phone, a couple of weeks ago before leaving Canada I successfully completed the application on my laptop, and took a screenshot of the E ticket with my phone arrived at pop showed them my screenshot and went through no problem.

Reactions: cavok

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Very hard to do on any phone, a couple of weeks ago before leaving Canada I successfully completed the application on my laptop, and took a screenshot of the E ticket with my phone arrived at pop showed them my screenshot and went through no problem.
Did they scan the QR code from your photo on your phone or just look at it?

Ardvark

Jul 20, 2020
Canada/DR
They tried to scan it but the computers were down, stamped my passport and off I went... After getting my bags and at the exit the customs guy did have a portable scanner and did scan my phone and no problem

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
Finally did it on my laptop and sent the PDF via my email to my phone (and also took a screenshot for my phone). This form is going to be extremely tough to use for English tourists as the English version has a lot of drop-downs that are in Spanish. There is a Symptoms section with lots of Spanish words...luckily I knew NINGUNA meant None. We will see how this works in PUJ in 5 days.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Well I just helped someone fill in the form online and it was easy, produced a PDF which we then printed out. If it works then it will be 1000 times easier than trying to fill in a lot of forms on a plane.

Anyone else try to complete this form on an iphone? I get to the General Information section and the fields aren't allowing me to fill them in...WTF? I got past the Security page but the first question asks about Permanent Address and none of the fields open up for data.
I tried for hours on my Iphone and mac laptop and it only partly worked, did it the next day for my wife and I on her Samsung phone and it worked ok. It wasn't the easiest thing to do. Saved it as a pdf on her phone and sent it to my email.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Well I just helped someone fill in the form online and it was easy, produced a PDF which we then printed out. If it works then it will be 1000 times easier than trying to fill in a lot of forms on a plane.
Easy for you to say. For a guy like me, it is 1000 times easier to fill out a form that to use a computer to fill out a form even without the glitches.

Reactions: Harleysrock

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Earlier reports said it worked better w/ Chrome

Safari and Apple were problematic....... at this stage.
Post 37 supports this

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
Do I use the same QR code to leave the country? Or do I have to regenerate a different QR code by going back into the form?
Lots of questions and very little explanation in the form...