Online entry and departure forms for DR travel

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
I believe you need a new QR code when you leave.
So for future AI tourists, they have to worry about trying to find a computer at their resort to try to generate a QR code if their phones don't properly work with the immigration website?

Great idea to try to automate things but there are way too many platforms that need to be programmed for it to work properly on all devices (Windows/Mac/ipad/iphone/smartphone) and browsers (Chrome/Safari/Firefox).

I can't see AI tourists taking time out from their short vacation to fill out these immigration forms online and will rely on a paper version being available at the airport.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you are only staying in an AI for a week or two, why not do the inbound and outbound form at the same time before you arrive here.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Crap... I'm flying there soon. Why make everything complicated. What was the point of this? ? Getting on with technology? Surveillance ? Why just why?

Surely the paper option will still be available in January?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Crap... I'm flying there soon. Why make everything complicated. What was the point of this? ? Getting on with technology? Surveillance ? Why just why?

Surely the paper option will still be available in January?
Don't worry about it. Once you arrive more than half of the people will not have this form. What can they do? Send everyone back?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'd like to know how they handle people without the QR code after January when it supposedly become mandatory. Right now I'd guess they just hand you the paper forms to fill out.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Seems to be worth doing

Having read this, and my daughter standing at LHR-PUJ line in the UK
I have suggested she fill it out..... but she has Apple

1608210350759.png

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
If you are only staying in an AI for a week or two, why not do the inbound and outbound form at the same time before you arrive here.
I entered my Length of Stay and Airline Departure flight number on the original form...but is there now another Departure Form I need to complete? Worst case scenario is that they don't let me leave the country.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I entered my Length of Stay and Airline Departure flight number on the original form...but is there now another Departure Form I need to complete? Worst case scenario is that they don't let me leave the country.
In the original post:

The Ministry of Tourism announces that the start of implementation of the Portal of Electronic Ticket of Entry and Exit of the Dominican Republic for 29 November 2020. Travelers will need to use it to register and fill out the information required by the Migration and Customs agencies and the Ministry of Public Health. It will be a required form for all passengers entering or leaving the Dominican Republic, whether they are Dominican or foreigners. This digital form will replace the paper forms used at present.

From 29 November until 1 January 2021 paper forms will still be allowed. As of January 2021, the online form will be mandatory and exclusive of use. This form must be filled out before entering Migration.

The form can be accessed through the following link: E Ticket. The online page also contains the steps for filling out the form