Online teaching job

Nov 26, 2012
I posted this back in March during lockdown and got a ton of response, I figured I'd post it again.

I live in La Vega and have been working with this company for 4 years. It's a Chinese company and the job is teaching English to children. I work about 4 hours a day and make around $3000 USD a month (I make a bit more than most because I have a Master's and a US teaching certificate). Anyways, the company is hiring native English speakers now and they're offering a recruitment bonus, which is why I'm posting. You have to have a college degree (in any subject), be a native English speaker, and be willing to work either early in the morning or late at night.
Follow the link and let me know if you have any questions

https://www.vipkidteachers.com/mkt/...f643b550c73249c41e41d7eaf86&refereeId=1979086

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I posted this back in March during lockdown and got a ton of response, I figured I'd post it again.

I live in La Vega and have been working with this company for 4 years. It's a Chinese company and the job is teaching English to children. I work about 4 hours a day and make around $3000 USD a month (I make a bit more than most because I have a Master's and a US teaching certificate). Anyways, the company is hiring native English speakers now and they're offering a recruitment bonus, which is why I'm posting. You have to have a college degree (in any subject), be a native English speaker, and be willing to work either early in the morning or late at night.
Follow the link and let me know if you have any questions

https://www.vipkidteachers.com/mkt/...f643b550c73249c41e41d7eaf86&refereeId=1979086
What hours do you normally work?

Nov 26, 2012
I teach EARLY. I start at 4am and teach to 9am and I teach 7 days a week. I know others that start a 9pm and teach until 1 or 2 in the morning, but I do better in the mornings.

Nov 26, 2012
You're in control of your schedule, so if you only want to work an hour or two a day you can. I have 5 kids so I work early in the morning so I'm free to be with them the rest of the day. I've worked with the company for a bit more than 4 years

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I looked into this out of curiosity. I spoke to someone doing it from Canada, he works the morning and evening shift. He said it’s possible to make the amount the OP states.
You must have a university degree, minimum 25Mbps internet speed, have English as your first language, and pass 2 interviews.
It’s a very exaggerated teaching style in order to maintain student interest in very short, 20 minute lessons based on their VIPKid Curriculum.
The catch is the time period you must be available to teach.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Can you describe your internet connectivity situation? I teach remotely (businesspeople, not kids) and I feel stuck in Canada because the internet/electricity situation is just so darn reliable - I had the same job in Cartagena, Colombia and almost had a nervous breakdown dealing with power cuts and internet issues (although the infrastructure was much better in COL than the DR). How are you making this work? Please give me hope of being able to leave the frozen tundra and keep my lovely job please?

Nov 26, 2012
I looked into this out of curiosity. I spoke to someone doing it from Canada, he works the morning and evening shift. He said it’s possible to make the amount the OP states.
You must have a university degree, minimum 25Mbps internet speed, have English as your first language, and pass 2 interviews.
It’s a very exaggerated teaching style in order to maintain student interest in very short, 20 minute lessons based on their VIPKid Curriculum.
The catch is the time period you must be available to teach.
Exaggerated :)

Nov 26, 2012
Can you describe your internet connectivity situation? I teach remotely (businesspeople, not kids) and I feel stuck in Canada because the internet/electricity situation is just so darn reliable - I had the same job in Cartagena, Colombia and almost had a nervous breakdown dealing with power cuts and internet issues (although the infrastructure was much better in COL than the DR). How are you making this work? Please give me hope of being able to leave the frozen tundra and keep my lovely job please?
I'm a guy that relies on backups so I have 20mps interent from Claro (through an antenna that someone shoots me) and if anything goes wrong with the house internet, I use the internet from a 5-day packet on my phone. The electricity is pretty good where I live, but we still get random power outages so I have an inverter.
I teach on a desktop, but also have an iPad to teach on if my desktop has a problem. I also use the iPad to teach on when traveling.

• Love
Reactions: nanita

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
I'm a guy that relies on backups so I have 20mps interent from Claro (through an antenna that someone shoots me) and if anything goes wrong with the house internet, I use the internet from a 5-day packet on my phone. The electricity is pretty good where I live, but we still get random power outages so I have an inverter.
I teach on a desktop, but also have an iPad to teach on if my desktop has a problem. I also use the iPad to teach on when traveling.
Thank you so much for the reply and the info, have a great night!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I bet you'll be one of the first Starlink subscribers when it's offered to the public. :)