Online Website to extend your stay legally 120 days total before your 30 day tourist card expires

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
That is fantastic!!I I don't need it now but I'm trilled at the ease of using it and the security of knowing this is available and not hiding in the corner awaiting a revelation from the lawyers to explain "Visa Extensions 101"..

Reactions: Mm530

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Didn't the new boys revamp the site ??

Apparently - it is smoother now than before
More user friendly

A lot of criticism of the old format

dingolay

Aug 28, 2014
Puerto Plata
Do you still have to pay for the extension? If so, why not wait until you arrive in the airport. The last time I overstayed a couple of day and paid for the extension when I arrived at the airport which took 5 minutes. Please explain the difference. Thanks

Mariahboater

Gillian's island
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
Do you still have to pay for the extension? If so, why not wait until you arrive in the airport. The last time I overstayed a couple of day and paid for the extension when I arrived at the airport which took 5 minutes. Please explain the difference. Thanks
You are legally extending your stay! you can still pay at airport or online if you wish. If you have overstayed with out extending they can use it against you in future and deny your entry on future visits.

Caonabo

ABOLISH THE CURFEW
Sep 27, 2017
You are legally extending your stay! you can still pay at airport or online if you wish. If you have overstayed with out extending they can use it against you in future and deny your entry on future visits.
Yes, they can and have, but not solely for an overstay.
It has been used as a method to prevent nefarious types from entering the RD sporadically, after being flagged for OTHER concerns.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
So, instead of 5 minutes like the last time, there is a glitch. Computers down. Officer entered something incorrectly. Who knows? Why take a chance of missing your flight? Take care of business and be more secure IMHO.

Reactions: Andre14615

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, they can and have, but not solely for an overstay.
It has been used as a method to prevent nefarious types from entering the RD sporadically, after being flagged for OTHER concerns.
True, for the time that I have lived in the DR, immigration laws have been loosely enforced. As in being totally ignored.