Online Website to extend your stay legally 120 days total before your 30 day tourist card expires

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Maybe a good idea to open a separate thread regarding staying longer than the legal 120 days, perhaps in Legal.
Oh, wait there is several already.
With the same repeating speculations.

This new service making extended stays legal is great news. Let us see if the new government chose the carrot or stick regarding longer stays. A smooth residency process (like the 120 days application) to attract more people to apply would be welcome by many and solve most of this problem without losing foreign hard currency.
the carrott never worked, even that it been offered many any times in the past.
to get residency was once soooo easy and cheap and Quick to obtain, but many been too lacy to do a thing on that point.
then it became more and more harder til it was on the expensive and complicated way it is todays.
so an other carrott, a really tasty BIG carrott been offered to the long term illegals, it was named the Regularization Plan.
that carrott been taken by many many illegals, I know personally a bunch of european and north american folks here in PC who took it.
but as usual, theer are always some who think that's all not for Them, they can go by their own rules.
so i guess this time aroundthe new wind of change is tired with the carrott game and prefer's the stick for a clean up.
we will see soon,
as til now the operatives been on the West/border provinces,
where Haitian Illegals are the 99.9999% mayority of the carrott&stick target.
it will look different the further such operative shift's Eastward on the Map, to the Capital and then Veron/Bavaro/PC.

Time will tell.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I can assure you all I will never be proven correct. That simply cannot happen. The DR government will not enforce immigration laws as written. That would be impossible here, wouldn't it? Rounding up a German? That must have been because of Interpol, eh? No way it was for being here illegally.

SImplifying residency might increase the expat population a bit. I very much doubt that will happen.

The DR1 legal teams does not care to interject. So be it.

A simple "Snowbird visa" that lasts up to 6 months would be nice. One that actually has the law behind it so it does not look like preferential treatment.

All we can do is see what happens now the buses are rolling again while the world is watching.
the World will not watch that closely NOW, it is good timing to do such operatives Now.
the world is well busy with own troubles,like a Pandemic clsoing Europe again,
a non existing virus but Presidential Elections in the USA,
nobody of the world will pay too much attention now on such small stuff like a sovereign country going by it's Immigrations Laws, which are btw very similar to most countries Immigrations Laws, even way more easy/relaxed compared to so many other countries.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Windy, I bet, name some stakes, that if you PAID them the legal team would render you an opinion. LOL

The constant badgering about something that has already been commented on is silly, presumptuous even, especially for something that is offered at no cost to you.

• Love
Reactions: johne and Caonabo

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
So one german gets deported(if they even deported him) and now this is evidence that the new regime is coming after foreigners. LMAO...nonsense. Who knows what that guy was into or why he was targeted. We do know some scumbag german was arrested for raping children. Being speculative and acting as if its fact is kind of ridiculous guys.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
So one german gets deported(if they even deported him) and now this is evidence that the new regime is coming after foreigners. LMAO...nonsense. Who knows what that guy was into or why he was targeted. We do know some scumbag german was arrested for raping children. Being speculative and acting as if its fact is kind of ridiculous guys.
If the video in this thread posted by me mislead someone, I apologize. It was a joke, the man violated the curfew.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the video was a Joke.
it has nothing to do with the theme.
reread the linked article about the announced operatives of Immigrations on the Eastern Provinces.
that's then not beating a already dead horse game, it is simply Actual again by the official announcement of Immigrationsofficials.
so we shall see soon wha's up out there in my 'hood.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
But people from the EU and North America can stay as long as they want with no ramifications except for paying a fee. They can never be here illegally. They just pay when they leave. They will never be put on these buses. etc, etc, etc...This applies only to Haitians (and Venezuelans).
You're being sarcastic, right? We just saw a video of illegal Germans being put on a bus.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeFisher

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If it looks like deportation and smells like deportation.............. hmmm

Fair warning given in the press...... double hmmm

Bus collection..........aha!

We need airport surveillance to ensure they are flown out !!

Where's Chief Insp Clouseau when needed????????

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
All we can do is see what happens now the buses are rolling again while the world is watching.
And when do the planes start flying out
with all of the deported French, Italian, German,
Canadian and American overstayers/ deportees
again? Did I miss something?

Reactions: Caonabo

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
nobody of the world will pay too much attention now on such small stuff like a sovereign country going by it's Immigrations Laws, which are btw very similar to most countries Immigrations Laws, even way more easy/relaxed compared to so many other countries.
The only one's watching are the NGO's a.k.a. the foreign snitches
who (bet your last dollar) are happy to give their slanted opinions
to the big boys (IMF and IDB) who cut them checks.

• Love
Reactions: Caonabo

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
I assure you I am alone in this. The collective "nobody" will never believe action will be taken against anyone from the EU or North America for simply staying as long as they want to stay.
I assure you I am alone in this. The collective "nobody" will never believe action will be taken against anyone from the EU or North America for simply staying as long as they want to stay.
Don’t feel bad Windy One day you will be right! Hopefully one of us will live to see it and say, Remember when Windy said 25 yrs ago Immigration coming to get you gringos !

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Ok, that was for a curfew violation. Is it your contention that, other than Haitians, no illegal foreigners have ever been arrested in immigration sweeps?
I don't know as such is usually not shown in the ehadlines of our news and anyways it is not something that would be of much interest to me.
there are way mor important news to sweep through for me, like the latest soccer league results or the weather outlook for the next days.
to me, but that's just my impression of the actions of a government which is just since 2 months on duty only,
to me it looks like they enforce what they talk about.
and they clearly announced to hit on (their words) The Large Community of Illegal Foreigners of different nationalities on the East,
mentioning Veron, Bavaro, Punta Cana as specific locations.
by the way they run action aftersuch promises during the last couple months,
I would await that All nationalities withotu papers get loaded up and deported, not just Haitians.
otherwise they would loose credibility by me.
until now I like what they start and do, a cleanup under the Illegals in the DR would also be a action very welcome by myself.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Windy, I bet, name some stakes, that if you PAID them the legal team would render you an opinion. LOL

The constant badgering about something that has already been commented on is silly, presumptuous even, especially for something that is offered at no cost to you.
The legal team is supposed to simply answer simple questions. No payment needed for such a simple question. Otherwise there is no reason to have them at all.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

My question of the moment has not been answered. You may not be aware of the news about this and the new government.