Online Website to extend your stay legally 120 days total before your 30 day tourist card expires

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sir Windy you know in your heart it’s true nothing will happen now, sinking ship not enough fingers to plug the holes West jet cancelled November flights to pop and December will be gone too ! Sadly We won’t be able to prove either theory this yr or next :(
It is certainly true that little of what any governments says they will do will be done. I cannot disagree with that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
then they pay an overstay fee!
its not rocket science lol
I understand that if you pay for the maximum stay of 120 days they will charge more if you leave after staying longer than 120 days.

Only the first 30 days are actually legal on a tourist card no matter when you pay those fees.

Migracion's fee schedule has no basis in DR law. They are regulations made up outside the laws regarding overstay fees.
Currently, Migracion only has a published fee schedule up to 120 days. At some point in time, the actual immigration laws might be enforced, or they might even change them to accommodate snowbirds.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For those that think overstay fees are part of DR immigration laws, please read those laws . You will see there is no mention of overstay fees.

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
😝😢But but the 120 days legal stays

Are the government fooling us😛😨
Just like the PLD, the PRM is not using the law as written. Those fees are not part of DR immigration laws.
You can actually read those laws and see that for yourself. I did.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The law that enables the use of a tourist card is here:

The General immigration law that references the tourist card law 199-67 and describes ALL immigration is here:

There is no mention of any fees to extend a tourist card in those laws. Those fees are not a part of immigration laws in the DR.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I applied in 2002 and moved here in 2003 after it had been approved. I do not recall what I paid.
i got mine in the mid 90's.
I paid 9.000.- Pesos for the first one, which was a temporary residency and cedula for 1 yer,
then a year later again 9.000.- pesos for the permanent residency and again including the cedula.
pricing included all fees and my lawyer's gains, too.
then in 2011 I opted for the Residencia Definitiva, which is valid for 10 years.
for that I paid 21.000.- Pesos (including 1.000.- pesos for the "VIP" to get it issued the same day (it was in my hand 45 minutes later).
my next renewal(of course again for 10 years, as it always stays a residencia definitiva now) will be now in January 2021, exp. date is the 13th.
I did still not ask what the cost or procedures will be this time, but soon i will be on that one, so i have everything handy when i do my ride to the Capital after Los Reyes.

EDIT,
to add the time line as I remember(after 25 years, lol).
1995, i bought for 1.500.- pesos in the "streets" of PoP a Cedula.
this was even working fine as a ID everywhere, including at police stations etc,
but once i tried to open my first DRbank account with it, it showed that Mukey did his first big Gringo/Newby mistake, of course it was a false plastic, lol.
1996, I got my first real residency and cedula, the temp one valid for 1 year.
1997, i got my first Permanet Resideny and Cedula, valid for 2 years.(back in the day Residency was valid 2 years from the day of issuing, cedula was valid 2 years from the YEAR of issuing to expire then on your Birthday 2 years later).
1999, first renewal of my permanent residency (around 2.000.- -2.500.- pesos per year) and cedula (different date due my birthday, don't remember the cost). the permanent residency from now on was always valid for 4 years, the same for the cedula, always for 4 years.
2003, renewal of permanent residency and cedula, I don't remember the exact cost for both, but the price did not change significantly over the years.
2007, renewal of permanent residency and cedula, I don't remember the exact cost for both, but the price did not change significantly over the years.
2011, change of permanent residency into Residencia Definitiva, 21.000.- pesos including same day issuing VIP service. at that time (Jan 13th 2011) my cedula was still valid for over 8 more months (til my BD Dec 18th 2011), but to get my definitive resindency i had to alo renew my cedula, which snce then does not expire on my BD anymore, since then my residency and cedula both expire on the same date(residency issuing date).
2021, on Jan 13th for the first time my Definitive Residency and Cedula will expire, so i can report back abot that one with cost in just a good couple months from now.

Hey, if somebody recently did renew a residencia definitiva, I would really appreciate any info about process/pricing etc etc,
as my most up to date experience with the stuff been from almost 10 yers ago, so i am all but up to date informed, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: XTraveller

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
i got mine in the mid 90's.
I paid 9.000.- Pesos for the first one, which was a temporary residency and cedula for 1 yer,
then a year later again 9.000.- pesos for the permanent residency and again including the cedula.
pricing included all fees and my lawyer's gains, too.
then in 2011 I opted for the Residencia Definitiva, which is valid for 10 years.
for that I paid 21.000.- Pesos (including 1.000.- pesos for the "VIP" to get it issued the same day (it was in my hand 45 minutes later).
my next renewal(of course again for 10 years, as it always stays a residencia definitiva now) will be now in January 2021, exp. date is the 13th.
I did still not ask what the cost or procedures will be this time, but soon i will be on that one, so i have everything handy when i do my ride to the Capital after Los Reyes.

EDIT,
to add the time line as I remember(after 25 years, lol).
1995, i bought for 1.500.- pesos in the "streets" of PoP a Cedula.
this was even working fine as a ID everywhere, including at police stations etc,
but once i tried to open my first DRbank account with it, it showed that Mukey did his first big Gringo/Newby mistake, of course it was a false plastic, lol.
1996, I got my first real residency and cedula, the temp one valid for 1 year.
1997, i got my first Permanet Resideny and Cedula, valid for 2 years.(back in the day Residency was valid 2 years from the day of issuing, cedula was valid 2 years from the YEAR of issuing to expire then on your Birthday 2 years later).
1999, first renewal of my permanent residency (around 2.000.- -2.500.- pesos per year) and cedula (different date due my birthday, don't remember the cost). the permanent residency from now on was always valid for 4 years, the same for the cedula, always for 4 years.
2003, renewal of permanent residency and cedula, I don't remember the exact cost for both, but the price did not change significantly over the years.
2007, renewal of permanent residency and cedula, I don't remember the exact cost for both, but the price did not change significantly over the years.
2011, change of permanent residency into Residencia Definitiva, 21.000.- pesos including same day issuing VIP service. at that time (Jan 13th 2011) my cedula was still valid for over 8 more months (til my BD Dec 18th 2011), but to get my definitive resindency i had to alo renew my cedula, which snce then does not expire on my BD anymore, since then my residency and cedula both expire on the same date(residency issuing date).
2021, on Jan 13th for the first time my Definitive Residency and Cedula will expire, so i can report back abot that one with cost in just a good couple months from now.

Hey, if somebody recently did renew a residencia definitiva, I would really appreciate any info about process/pricing etc etc,
as my most up to date experience with the stuff been from almost 10 yers ago, so i am all but up to date informed, lol.
Mike renewing is a breeze no lawyer needed. I do not know the particular details about Residency Definitiva but I did renew my permanent residence and help 2 friend with their renewal. Just go to the web site and follow the instruction and now in English.

If you need help I can Always look it up. I am not a lawyer and just will be happy to help our weather man.......
More than likely you can start 30 to 45 days before your existing residency expires and you should to avoid extra fees.

Xtraveller

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike renewing is a breeze no lawyer needed. I do not know the particular details about Residency Definitiva but I did renew my permanent residence and help 2 friend with their renewal. Just go to the web site and follow the instruction and now in English.

If you need help I can Always look it up. I am not a lawyer and just will be happy to help our weather man.......
More than likely you can start 30 to 45 days before your existing residency expires and you should to avoid extra fees.

Xtraveller
thanks for the hint with the 30-45 days of advantage to start the renewal.
I may have waited til closure to the date without your advice.
will look it up online, english or spanish doesn't matter to me.
I will report back when all is done, so others can also profit from the info.
thanks