Opening a Bank Account in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandu

Jan 6, 2018
i am going to open a bank account next time in Sosua (hopefully soon) ....probably at Popular...i heard it can be tricky.....would like to know all the documentation i will need to bring....i am Canadian

thanks

i am going to open a bank account next time in Sosua (hopefully soon) ....probably at Popular...i heard it can be tricky.....would like to know all the documentation i will need to bring....i am Canadian

thanks
I've had Scotia, Popular and Banco Santa cruz in Sosua/Cabarete, without a doubt the easiest and most user friendly was Banco Santa Cruz. I would not go back to either Popular or Scotia.

For Banco Santa Cruz you need either a Cedula or passport. If you don't have a Cedula the account needs to be set up within 30 of arriving in the Country. Need a letter from your Home bank of good standing and how long you have been with them type thing and either a person with a cedula to come sign for you or a letter from them stating how long they have known you and that you are to be a person of good character type thing.
I had the account within 2 hours. Popular and Scotia both took 3 months and they wanted ridiculous things and both of those places you need residency or in the process of residency.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I agree Santa Cruz is an easy set up. We have been banking there for 15 years with no problems and great service.
Bob K

Reactions: Carl.L

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Easy to open an account at Banreservas, but there are long lines there almost every day at the branch in Cabarete, Easy to open an account at Banco Santa Cruz - good exchange rates, too.

Reactions: miles408

LionKing64

Jun 3, 2020
Michigan

thanks
Just got mine at banco bhd. It took about a month. They have you come in and get verified than you need to wait until that is completed. The next step is to have all your documents lined up. It took about 2hours. Also I did mine in the capital.

Reactions: twoinsosua
Status
Not open for further replies.