Opinion for Best Place for My Family Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Another was sorting the fly sh!t from the pepper...... not easy

That's 1/2 the job logging on to this site, LOL...

You have folks living here on $1,200 a month happily geting drunk and laid every day giving advice right alongside Hijos de Mami with trust funds bigger than the National Palace vehicular budget complaining about Halls cambio.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
It nice you are settling in well here, and realize many of these members live off their SS checks and get their feathers all ruffled when some one 1/2 their age makes 4X their pension. Rock on.

Not being on social security I would be unable to comment, the only ruffled feathers are usually those that move to and/or purchase property in Sosua uninformed and think it is shangra -la and discover that it is what it is and isn't going to change. More power to anyone that wants to live a hippie life style in the monger capital of the Caribbean with small children and a 4000 monthly budget. Hey there's another thread going about a guy looking for an apartment in Sosua for around 250 to 300 a month, maybe he will bring his kids and give them the worldly exposure they deserve. Good luck and don't forget to explore your options in Boca Chica, I hear they have world class education options for the free spirit types :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
What do you eat for diner ?? Lobster and filet mignon every night ??? WTH ??

I rent a "huge" house in Sabaneta de Yasica, 10 min. east of Cabarete. 2 storeys, 6 bedrooms each with their own bathrooms, big living room on each floor, kitchen, dining-room, laundry room AND 12 foot wall around the property with a big metal gate in front. Superb pool with jacuzzi in the back yard. ALL of THIS for 33k pesos per month...

So don't tell me that someone with 4k US can't make it on the North Coast... Pleeeaaaase..... gimme a break !!!

Not being on social security I would be unable to comment, the only ruffled feathers are usually those that move to and/or purchase property in Sosua uninformed and think it is shangra -la and discover that it is what it is and isn't going to change. More power to anyone that wants to live a hippie life style in the monger capital of the Caribbean with small children and a 4000 monthly budget. Hey there's another thread going about a guy looking for an apartment in Sosua for around 250 to 300 a month, maybe he will bring his kids and give them the worldly exposure they deserve. Good luck and don't forget to explore your options in Boca Chica, I hear they have world class education options for the free spirit types :)

I haven't seen that many hippies who can live off their rental property income... in Boca Chica, Sosua or elsewhere.

Common misconception here on DR1 -
to categorize people without much knowledge of their ability or status.

Any one one us might be renting from this man someday........

just another vantage point..........

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I haven't seen that many hippies who can live off their rental property income... in Boca Chica, Sosua or elsewhere.

Common misconception here on DR1 -
to categorize people without much knowledge of their ability or status.

Any one one us might be renting from this man someday........

just another vantage point..........

Just an opinion and an angle my man, to each his own !! Aren't you late for the 150 peso early bird special on Pedro

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
FYI I am in fact a cynic and a skeptic here , I find it hard to believe a Physical Therapist,( which now requires a Doctorate in the state of Maryland) to bail out of his job to live on a budget in the D.R Maybe a hospital orderly but not a licensed Physical Therapist.
but hey there's a guy that lives in La Canela near one of my interests that drives a new Maserati ...go figure

sanluisdavid

May 18, 2012
FYI I am in fact a cynic and a skeptic here , I find it hard to believe a Physical Therapist,( which now requires a Doctorate in the state of Maryland) to bail out of his job to live on a budget in the D.R Maybe a hospital orderly but not a licensed Physical Therapist.
but hey there's a guy that lives in La Canela near one of my interests that drives a new Maserati ...go figure
Why is this so difficult for you to believe? I have been a licensed physical therapist since 1991 so I have put in quite a few years. & I worked as a therapist technician for 4 years prior to that. So that's a pretty good long time in my book. To me I have no idea why anybody would want to continue working when it is not necessary. Especially if they have a beautiful wife and great children which are all vying for his time. The biggest problem I see in the United States these days is people who are working just to accumulate more meaningless crap. And then they ignore their family but cry about it when things go badly. To me it makes much more sense to simply work enough that you can pay the bills and live a healthy, honest lifestyle and with any extra time you have invested into your family. Anybody that is involved in the health field in the United States these days is looking for the exit door as more and more ridiculous regulations, paperwork, computer documentation, etc are layered on top of the actual job of helping people. Haven't you been reading about the flood of doctors who are making much much more than me who are quitting their practices to retire early or taking lower paying jobs without committing to full time? It's just not worth it to kill yourself making more cash to buy non-essential crap for your life. Hi just got off the phone with the owner of one of the companies I work for and he was requesting more of my services because he cannot find anybody to work. Even the new graduates these days are making just enough to get by and if they have their head screwed on straight are not getting into the rat race. That makes a lot more sense to me then the other way around. I already lived the lifestyle of working 7 days a week, generating huge income, buying luxury cars, all that. But I am much more healthy and happy working less, earning less, and spending more time with my family. But to each his own.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I already lived the lifestyle of working 7 days a week, generating huge income, buying luxury cars, all that. But I am much more healthy and happy working less, earning less, and spending more time with my family. But to each his own.

On that note, I think your mind is made up.

I hope the advice given was to your satisfaction.

Keep us updated.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.