Opinion on the best area to live on North Coast

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Punta Cana

I rented a cab in Punta Cana, visited every timeshare resort but decided to work for a major brand in the US. But there are beautiful properties there, and as much as the North Coast is far more interesting to live in, PC is where the growth is.

I would just comb the II and RCI directories, list them all and spend a day visiting. If you arrive in POP, you can fly to PC easily and stay in town for very cheap rates. Hire a cab and interview with all of them.

It may be advancing age, but I don't remember the individual names of the properties I saw. My conclusion not to work there was a qualify of life issue==PC is not as fun a place to live as the North Coast, but that's where the money would be.

the North Coast is still in a down situation and OPCs are bringing in people who are paying so little for all-inclusives, etc. it makes timesharing a very difficult sale even if you find one that looks legit.

I really wish I had better answers for you, but I will go out on a limb and mention Coconut Palms between Sosua and Cabarete. They are well-established and I hear more good stories than bad from owners/'exchangers at this property. I know nothing about housing, etc. but given the runaway peso problem now, I would not make the move at this time without serious $$ reserves.

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
ts

Thanks, I've heard good things about Coconut Palms and the manager there, David. I sent him a resume and he invited me to come by and see him when I arrive. Sounds like your in the business. I'll look in the RCI book and contact someone in PC. Thanks,

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
PC sucks. Coconut Palms is a nice place.

Johnny Honda is a Cark that is only alive half the time the rest of the time he is drunker than a skunk. He is NOT a dependable guy. When he says he is coming to dinner he won't show about 1/3 rd of the time. You are in the TS business so you should understand. Ask JH how his boyfriend Gordy is doing. That should score you some points!

Sosua is closest and in between Coconut and Playa Dorada. Marco owns Rockys Bar/Restaurant. He is one of my best buddies and he will tighten you up. He doesn't sell snake oil so you can trust him. Actually I have nothing against snake oil salesmen so don't take what I say with more than the grain of salt my comments deserve.

49 is considered a young man. You will find many 20 year olds that love you. You will be in direct competition with your son. Actually you will do better than the kid because as a american of your age you will be believed to have a lot of money! Money talks with women there. Not a big difference between a straight woman and a working women. Its all in the money.

I will be down on the 16 th of July and will be there for 5 weeks. Ask for me at Rockys and tell Marco to buy you a drink and say that Escott said so.

Regards,
Scott

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
by the way...

other then the need to speak spanish are there any other restrictions or requirements to be overcome? ( does one need a r.e. licence, etc. I very familiar with the front end and the back end of the business. even can acquire inventory inexpensively for resale

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
Thanks for the advice. I'll go by and have a drink and look for you when you come down. Appriciate it.

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
Does anyone know Dave at coconut palms? Sounds like they have the best reputation.

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
By the way, Scott. I don't mind the jokes at all. If you've got any good ones let me know. Appriciate the advice about the women. I just divorced one that could spend more than any human alive. Need to fatten my wallett before I hit the streets. I'm hoping Dave will hire me and offer me 30 days housing. That would work. Wasn't really prepared to relocate yet but don't even want to live in the same country as my ex. I have nightmares that she's lifting my wallett while I'm asleep. Thanks, see ya. She's better at snapping credit cards than a snake oil peddler.

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
Scott, do you know of a place called Villa Jasmin? The managers name is Gilles, nice guy. It sounds like a small inhouse deal but he offered me 30 day housing as a courtesy. It's nice to know. Let me know, thanks.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Eddy B said:
Scott, do you know of a place called Villa Jasmin? The managers name is Gilles, nice guy. It sounds like a small inhouse deal but he offered me 30 day housing as a courtesy. It's nice to know. Let me know, thanks.

Don't know it but what the heck, free room for 30 days will give you a chance to get your feet wet. I would advise that you go for it and check out the rest on days off the first month incase you find something more suitable.

I don't sell snake oil and never have so I would be a bad person to ask about the business end of the deal. What can you lose in the first 30 days without having to pay for a place to stay?

Best of luck!

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
Escott

Your boy Johnny Honda is funny. I got an e mail from him saying "What do you want?". So I sent him the third e mail decsribing the advice I needed and haven't heard a thing. Maybe I should send him my credit card number!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Eddy B

When you get to sosua go over t the britannia after 5pm and buy Johnny a big fuerte screwdriver. He'll be nicer to you then. In fact, he'll talk your freaking ears off.
Larry

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
jh

Thanks, I didn't realize he lived in DR. I thought he was in the US. Does anyone know which resort he works at amd can I e mail him at the bar. (Just kiddin'). If anyone talks to him, tell him to hit me up. I need a job when I get there and it sounds like he's the man.

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
drinkers

Every good peddler need to drink well. I just sent him enougher e mail so I guess he will contact me later. I hope before I get there. Thanks for everyones help. Sounds like everyone enjoys themselves there. Something I'm looking forward to. Is there any boxing shows in the area or gyms to work out in. I'm am a retired professional boxer and like to let the bag beat me up once in a while. It keep things in perspective. Then we get to go to work and get beat up by our prospects. What a life, ha.

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
jh

Hey, if anyone knows Johnny well, maybe you could e mail him and let him know I need a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Johnny Honda is a regular poster on dr1, which is why those who know him from the board are making jokes about him. I'd be surprised if he hasn't already seen this thread. Maybe his silence is a form of retaliation.