Opinion on the best area to live on North Coast

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: jh

Eddy B said:
Hey, if anyone knows Johnny well, maybe you could e mail him and let him know I need a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just emailed the Cark. If he doesn't respond to you in 24 hours I will embarrass him into talking to you. Let me know.

Escott

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
jh

Thanks, do you guys live in DR. I was reading alot of information and I see good and bad like anywhere else. I just want to go to the beach and drink a cold beer when I get there and then go to work. It looks like a beautiful place and that is the reason my son thought I should move there. Gives him a place to come and chill. Let me know when you hear from "The King".

abe

Jan 2, 2002
peddlers vs snake oil

I am about to climb on the soapbox here--the tone of the thread is still disturbing to me. Eddy B, if you are just a "peddler", you have missed the evolution of timesharing. Please don't be defensive--and please read on.

The reason that the negative perception of timesharing continues is that peddlers have forced it down the throats of people who shouldn't buy it for decades. Or they have sold badly designed programs. The products in the DR are largely substandard--not necessarily in construction, but in financial strength and intention.

A well known resort in Cofresi was famous for its salespeople showing beautiful villas that it didn't even own and promising occupancy "next winter" to unsuspecting sales prospects. Another property on the North Coast told people that their timeshare was "all-iinclusive" and the next year when they showed up they discovered the truth--that they had to pay for their food and drinks and that last year's timeshare peddler was nowhere to be found.

I know this is a fruitless exercise if people want to scam others in order to earn a living, and I am not accusing anyone of doing this, but I shudder when I overhear the cynical shoptalk of timeshare scammers. Frankly, the DR has enough scammers now.

Eddy B--here's my disclaimer--I have no reason to pick on you and I don't know anything about you. Yes, I have jumped on the word peddler and it would be unfair to draw any conclusions about you based on one word. So I am not doing this. I am just using this forum to plead for an ethical approach to sales of timesharing in the DR.

The country and its people and visitors deserve a good business climate that will sustain itself--they do not deserve to be raked over fast by carpetbaggers with a short timeline and personal needs to be filled. Please look at the big picture.

That sound you hear is me getting off the soapbox--it is a general rant; it is not personal,

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
abe

First, Abe. I do take offense to your comments. I've been in the business for 20 years and have had my own company and dealt with all my customers face to face. I've never scammed anyone. I thought we were having fun with the jokes but it seems you have no sense of humor. Since you don't know me and have no idea of my personal background or situation it's unfair and a little short sided for you to make such negative comments. I'm quite sure that if you take a look at any industry you will find good and bad especially when it involves commission sales. Of course I'm sure you have never stretched the truth about anything. The time share business overall has a very good reputation. Maybe you should send a letter to Hilton or Marriott. I personally have only worked for 2 companies over the years. One for 12 years and one for 9 years and have a very good reputation. If you are nieve enough to believe that all time share salesmen are scammers you need to remember the joke that - buyers are liers. If time share salesman lie what do the people do that come in to get a free gift with all intention of lieing to the salesman to get out of there as fast as possible. It is not an easy job but for those of us that like the vacation industry it's a pleasure to sell something that people use and enjoy. I am a pebbler and proud of it. I was a professional fighter for 5 years and proud to call myself a fighter. Should I call myself a pugilist, instead. By the way, what do you do for a living and how many time share presentations have you been to? Lighten up, Abe, it's the vacation industry.

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
waiting for answer, Abe

Evolution, badly designed, substandard intentions, discovered the truth, scam, cynical shoptalk, scammers, carpetbaggers, short timeline. Sounds to me you bought something from a good peddler that you never used and are still mad at the world. Come on Abe, I'm dying to find out what you do for a living.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
the rant was general--

I thought it was fairly clear from my earlier posts in response to your inquiries that I am a timeshare salesperson. I am. I was trying to just make the case for a high road approach in order to minimize the bad deals in the DR and maximize the good.

I realized that it appeared that I was jumping on you personally and tried to provide enough disclaimers to prevent that response. Sorry it wasn't a strong enough disclaimer.

Good luck and enjoy the DR.

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
time share salesperson

Well Abe, let me ask you this? In todays market, considering that the prospects we talk to are very intelligent people. Don't you find it hard to believe that someone would buy a week of all inclusive time share and sign a contract binding them to annual fees without that being stated in the contract. If it is stated in the contract do you believe that the resort would not honor that just because the peddler is no longer there. Since you sell time share, Abe, I'm sure you have you talked someone into buying a week that they never used. Have you ever talked to someone that owns a week of time share and wants to sell it because they are paying the fees and never took a vacation or when they do they stay with their relatives instead of the beautiful resorts time share offers. Is it the peddlers fault the people said yes when he or she asked for the money. Isn't our job to make a sale as long as it is done honestly and ethically. Isn't it our job to talk people into purchasing our product. I've been around long enough that I've seen it all, the good and the bad. I have to say that the good in the product absolutely outweighs the bad, just like most other industry. I'm amazed at someone in the business using such negative language about the industry that makes their living. Put 3 people in front of me and one says he is a peddler and the other 2 say their time share salespeople, who do you think I'm going to hire. Abe, I'm not scared because I believe in myself, my abilities. My resume states that I am looking for long term employment only. I'm looking forward to seeing the people I close, come back year after year and look forward to see me and having a drink. Most of them are happy, some complain a little about things I have no control over (The service, the sheets on the bed, etc) but never once has anyone called me a scammer. I'm proud to be a time share peddler and I'm proud to be able to say that people like me, even the ones that took a 4 hour grind!!! Hey abe, lots of luck it you time share sales career. If you come to DR, you'll probably find me partying with some of my ups.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I agree with Abe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He stated his position,including a "disclaimer,and said nothing about you personally.You chose to be confrontational.This may not be the "Paradise" you seek! Cris Colon

PS,If there is a good "TS" I have yet to see it!
Better to take the "Down Payment",Fees,maintenance fees,listing fees,Premium Week fees,etc.,etc.,etc.,put them in the bank,and go whereever,and whenever,you want!

Eddy B

Jun 28, 2003
I do take offense to people who use such negative comments about the industry I like so much. Maybe you are better off doing what you said. Time share is not for everyone. I never said I was seeking paradise, I said I was looking for a job. Everyone was very helpful and I appriciate everyones help. I will remove myself from this forum as I'm just looking to come to DR to live and work, not debate opinions about someones employment. Thanks to all of you that helped and I hope when I get there all I meet are happy, positive people.