Opportunity exists for Haitians in the Dominican Republic

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Anyone doubt that if Haiti was predominately white the western countries would be falling over each other to invest.
I don't know, your guess is as good as mine. I wish I could control the multiverse and space-time so I could give you a better answer to your question. What I do know is that many billions in aid has been given to Haiti over the years, including from the DR, and Haiti just keeps getting worse. At some point you have to cut your loses and call it quits on any money pit.

Reactions: Big

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Anyone doubt that if Haiti was predominately white the western countries would be falling over each other to invest.
I do believe that Haiti's original problems originate from who they are what they did to the people who colonized them initially.
But at this time, I believe the problems in Haiti are indeed self inflicted.
Without:
1. Security
2. Rock solid property rights
3. A government focused on policies that benefit the Haitian people.
There is no hope for the people of Haiti.

I would invest in 🇭🇹
If those three things were in place.
Those things are in place in the
I have invested in 🇩🇴
Matters involving race are not allowed to be discussed.
You sure about that?
Or does it depend on who here in DR1 is discussing it?

Those without a solid intellectual argument often use race as a distraction.
Being Haitian is not a race.
It is a classification used to describe where the individual was born.
The country that issued the passport of the individual.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Those without a solid intellectual argument often use race as a distraction.
Being Haitian is not a race.
It is a classification used to describe where the individual was born.
The country that issued the passport of the individual.
Are you sure about that? If a Dominican civilian couple lives in Petionville and a child is born, is he Haitian?

Before the collapse of normalcy in Haiti I understood there were some 30,000 Dominicans over there. Taking out those single and those in Domijican-Haitian relationships, plus Dominican-Haitians themselves; those in Dominican-Dominican relationships can only have Dominican children even if the are born in Haiti. That's not the DR that demands it, just the way the Haitian constitution is written regarding that aspect. It isn't targetted to Dominicans, but all foreigners in Haiti that have kids in Haiti in foreigner-foreigner relationships. Their legal migration status means nothing, legals and illegals are given the same treatment regarding this from my understanding.

Last edited:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I just looked in the passport issued to me by my country of origin.
It lists where I was born.
It lists what sex I am.
It lists my passport number
It says what country the passport was issued in.
It gives a date of issue
It gives a date of expiration
It gives my date of birth
It lists my given name
It lists my surname
It lists my nationality

I can't find where it lists my RACE.

I do not have a Haitian Passport
I do not have a Dominican Passport
But if anybody can provide any additional information about what they list, I would be interested in the category of RACE it lists for an individual.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What are you basing that statement on? The DR is predominately populated by non-white people yet they have billions of outside investment. If Haitian had a stable government there would be international investment.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I just looked in the passport issued to me by my country of origin.
It lists where I was born.
It lists what sex I am.
It lists my passport number
It says what country the passport was issued in.
It gives a date of issue
It gives a date of expiration
It gives my date of birth
It lists my given name
It lists my surname
It lists my nationality

I can't find where it lists my RACE.

I do not have a Haitian Passport
I do not have a Dominican Passport
But if anybody can provide any additional information about what they list, I would be interested in the category of RACE it lists for an individual.
People often mix up ethnicity and race, as well as nationality. You have stated that people that look like you were/are discriminated in your country of origin. If race is only a social construct then obviously it wasn't racism that you were experiencing- maybe, just bigotry or bias.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I don't know why the police hate me and those that look like me in my country of origin.
Maybe it is because they realize the superiority of my DNA?
In other words, I am so deeply superior to them that they could never be on my level.
How much fear does it generate to know you are dealing with someone who was just born better than you?
What I can tell you is that discrimination does not feel too good no matter why it is being taken out on you.

I doubt you ever experienced a police stop where you are being told not to move by one officer
While being told to get on your knees right now are you are going die where you are standing by the other
It's a catch 22 situation and you figure you are probably going to die in the next few moments.
Nope, I doubt you have experienced any sort of bias or bigotry like that.
And if you have then I apologize.
You actually do know how it feels.

What sort of bigotry or bias are you suggesting that might have occurred in my country of origin?
I am a member of the human race.

But what I can tell you is that here in the Dominican Republic they seem to be color blind.
There has been a little bias, but very rare.
And never exhibited by the controlling legal authorities when dealing with me.

💵 USD is the universal language
And I can speak that along with Spanish.
Haitians come here to make money.
They even find DOP to be useful.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Are you sure about that? If a Dominican civilian couple lives in Petionville and a child is born, is he Haitian?

Before the collapse of normalcy in Haiti I understood there were some 30,000 Dominicans over there. Taking out those single and those in Domijican-Haitian relationships, plus Dominican-Haitians themselves; those in Dominican-Dominican relationships can only have Dominican children even if the are born in Haiti. That's not the DR that demands it, just the way the Haitian constitution is written regarding that aspect. It isn't targetted to Dominicans, but all foreigners in Haiti that have kids in Haiti in foreigner-foreigner relationships. Their legal migration status means nothing, legals and illegals are given the same treatment regarding this from my understanding.
I remember this being discussed in another thread a while ago. Haiti goes by the law of "jus sanguinis" to determine citizenship meaning, except for very few exceptions which I can't remember, at least one of your parents must be Haitian. Simply being born on Haitian soil is not enough to be a Haitian citizen.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't know why the police hate me and those that look like me in my country of origin.
Maybe it is because they realize the superiority of my DNA?
In other words, I am so deeply superior to them that they could never be on my level.
How much fear does it generate to know you are dealing with someone who was just born better than you?
What I can tell you is that discrimination does not feel too good no matter why it is being taken out on you.

I doubt you ever experienced a police stop where you are being told not to move by one officer
While being told to get on your knees right now are you are going die where you are standing by the other
It's a catch 22 situation and you figure you are probably going to die in the next few moments.
Nope, I doubt you have experienced any sort of bias or bigotry like that.
And if you have then I apologize.
You actually do know how it feels.

What sort of bigotry or bias are you suggesting that might have occurred in my country of origin?
I am a member of the human race.

But what I can tell you is that here in the Dominican Republic they seem to be color blind.
There has been a little bias, but very rare.
And never exhibited by the controlling legal authorities when dealing with me.

💵 USD is the universal language
And I can speak that along with Spanish.
Haitians come here to make money.
They even find DOP to be useful.
I have been held at gunpoint by police and sheriffs twice.
Both times it was a case of mistaken identity.
Both times made to lie on the ground face down, once in the rain in an oil covered gas station in San Diego.

Quit being a permanent victim, as the left has programed you, and you mind find life more enjoyable.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
GOOD MORNING DR1‼️

Anyone who thinks I don't my life here in the Dominican Republic haven't read my Bourbon thread or my contributions to the Rum thread.
As for my programming, my superior DNA has determined that I am left handed.
Which means I am in my right mind.
I write left handed
I bat left handed
But most importantly I shoot left handed.

So opportunities exist for more than just Haitians here in the Dominican Republic.
The opportunity exists for individuals to learn how to read and speak English properly.
Since I see the educational system has failed of them in their country of origin.
Quit being a permanent victim, as the left has programed you, and you mind find life more enjoyable.
WTF⁉️

As for me being a permanent victim, yes since I have been living here the chicas have been using me.
So much that I have to defer to someone else to express my feelings on the matter.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's not just Haitians.
Haitians come to the DR looking for a better future.
Dominicans take yolas to PR for the same reason.
Many folks from PR move to the states for the same reason.
Yes, it happens everywhere in general, ,but in specific to Haitians:

The DR attracts Haitians because it isn't a perpetually failed state like Haiti and they can walk across a land border to get here.
Yes, it really is that simple as to why there are so many Haitians in the DR.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes, it happens everywhere in general, ,but in specific to Haitians:

The DR attracts Haitians because it isn't a perpetually failed state like Haiti and they can walk across a land border to get here.
Yes, it really is that simple as to why there are so many Haitians in the DR.
It is simpler than that: Simply because they have nothing to eat and are starving. That's for starters.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Dual citizen of what? I thought Haiti didn't recognize this.