Orange Service

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
You can now top up your phone by giving your number to the shopkeeper and he/she puts in your number and the amount (min 50 pesos) and it gets topped up.

I wonder if that would keep the number alive, I wanted to ask one of my friends to do that every 2 months or so. Or does the phone has to be switched ON (to receive that confirmation email !) and communicate with the center ?

I asked everyone and even called Orange 555, it was hard to get an answer out of them, they all said something different !?

(You can only get two numbers with a foreign passport - 3 with Doominican cedula. I am on my second/last one, which will also be expired too I guess !).

Why not just buy a new phone from them when you get back if your old number is out of service - new phone with new number and 200 peso credit only cost 600 pesos - can't beat the price and any dominican friends that you had listed on your old phone will have changed their numbers 3 or 4 times by this time anyways so they won't be in service ;)...tom