Ordering Stuff From Amazon

althebeast

Mar 26, 2020
La Romana
I have a question, my friends mentioned something about I can order stuff from amazon and it'd come to the Jumbo and I can get it from there but I have no idea how to do that. Can someone explain please?

Reactions: LuzMaria

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I'm not familiar with a Jumbo delivery. They must have an address in the States that you would ship to, then they would forward to your local store for pick up.

You can also have deliveries sent to EPS. I used the Sosua office. You go in and set up an account and they give all the info you need. Then you place your order on Amazon and have it sent to an EPS Miami address - they then forward it to Sosua EPS office where you pick it up. I've bought small stuff on Amazon and it takes a few extra days to arrive in Sosua. Very easy and not very expensive.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There’s probably a courier office in your Jumbo.

My La Sirena has a “Mailboxes” office. You open an account at the location nearest you, they give you an address in Florida that has your account imbedded in it, and you pick up your mail and packages in DR.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I use EPS for everything Amazon.
Post forwarding from Miami address.
Never had any problems. Last time I
passed the Santiago office about 1 month
ago they were closed. Was with friends in
Sosua on Friday, EPS office on PC was open
with limited hours.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I use BMCargo. Items are delivered to the Miami address with my personal code as part of the address. I can then either pick up items at the offfice I have chosen or have them delivered to me for a very moderate charge.

They have many offices countrywide. I'm happy with the service they have given for many years.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I have a question, my friends mentioned something about I can order stuff from amazon and it'd come to the Jumbo and I can get it from there but I have no idea how to do that. Can someone explain please?

Not answering your question, but just wondering if the OPs friends by accident were saying that they were picking up their shipments in Jumbo in the sense that the business they got them was located in the same building? I have seen some people talking in this manner occasionally...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I use BMCargo. Items are delivered to the Miami address with my personal code as part of the address. I can then either pick up items at the offfice I have chosen or have them delivered to me for a very moderate charge.

They have many offices countrywide. I'm happy with the service they have given for many years.

Another loyal BMCargo customer here. Used them for years, no reason to change...

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I would like to use BM Cargo but right now I can't. I tried to order stuff on walmart.com (yes, I'm a high roller) with the Florida address but they rejected the card. No explanation. I can't contact the credit card company (citi) because they don't do email and the phone wait is horrible. Not sure what to do.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Nan
Several companies recognize the forwarding services and will not ship

Chalk it up to experience.... no warnings anywhere... juts a refusal

My lawn mower necessitated a call form the seller (lowes or home depot)...
to inform me the warranty would be invalidated... then they shipped

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I would like to use BM Cargo but right now I can't. I tried to order stuff on walmart.com (yes, I'm a high roller) with the Florida address but they rejected the card. No explanation. I can't contact the credit card company (citi) because they don't do email and the phone wait is horrible. Not sure what to do.
I bought a magicJack years ago and I can call any US number without charge beyond the subscription which is paid. Does anybody know about other VOIP services that might be an option for Nan?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I ordered an item from Amazon last week, it arrived in Miami as scheduled last Thursday and is en route to the EPS office in Punta Cana today. They only open Mon-Weds-Fri so I expect to collect it tomorrow. Not too bad considering the circumstances.

Reactions: waytogo

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I bought a magicJack years ago and I can call any US number without charge beyond the subscription which is paid. Does anybody know about other VOIP services that might be an option for Nan?
Nan,

Can use google talk, now call google hangout. Just download dialer to add to an gmail account. All calls landline or cell TO Usa and Canada Free. Unfortunately not in reverse ( USA or Canada To DR)

Xtraveller

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Amazon “shipped” to Sosua.

Is this still true??

Go to EPS, in Sosua.
Ask.... what to do.
Order on Amazon (do what EPS says).
It arrives here.

Any fees? Hidden charges? Duties, taxes?

How long does it take?

Is there a better solution now?

Reactions: LuzMaria

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Amazon “shipped” to Sosua.

Is this still true??

Go to EPS, in Sosua.
Ask.... what to do.
Order on Amazon (do what EPS says).
It arrives here.

Any fees? Hidden charges? Duties, taxes?

How long does it take?

Is there a better solution now?

So to clarify, Amazon in your case did not ship to Sosua, EPS did...

I don't know for any fee structure valid for EPS but thinking they have one on their website? BMCargo and Domex have...
BMCargo takes 2-3 days after arriving to Miami...

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
TLC with USA give access to Dominicans to make purchases under 200.00 over internet and get it here tax free. First you have to pick up a shipping fordwarding company to receive your packages in USA and bring it here. EPS, BM Cargo, Domex, Vimenpack are some example of the companies with offices arround the country, you can get a suscription in their webpages and not need to visit the office. They charge per pounds, if you buy something over 200.00 you will have to pay the taxes too.

BM Cargo Currier Membership
EPS Currier Membership
Domex Currier Membership
VimenPack Currier Membership

After you have your suscription, in your closer currier with an address in Florida, you must to go online and fill a form for Custom here, without that form you wont be able to receive any package because they will hold it untill that process is done.Custom From to let you receive packages in your currier

I have 2 accounts, one in EPS that I use it when I need to receive something fast, the price per pound with them is more expensive but you get your parcel within 2 business days after received in Florida, and BM Cargo that I used it when Im not in a hurry.

Reactions: SKY and aname4me