Otorrinolaringologo (ear nose, throat) Doctor in Santo Domingo

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I am looking for this type of Doctor in SD. The catch, and I know its a biggy, I would like one that takes my ARS Humanos platinum insurance. I hate paying for insurance bills and yet only very rarely have I actually used it. Seems these corrupt Doctors and Insurance operators can not work together so the gringo thinks he has coverage yet nobody accepts it. Prefer just help if possible as I think we all know the system is broken here in every area (regardless what Pichardo says). No need to use this thread to expose it.

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
Google Jose Deschamps, he is very professional and speaks good English too. I use him for 12 years if any problem with ears. Maybe he does not accept Humano Platinum now (not sure), but they reimburse 90% anyway, you come to their office with his receipts and they give you the check right away (I have Humano Platinum too so I know what I am talking about). But ask him, he accepted their insurance before, then stopped to do that for some reason, maybe he accepts it now again.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I am looking for this type of Doctor in SD. The catch, and I know its a biggy, I would like one that takes my ARS Humanos platinum insurance. I hate paying for insurance bills and yet only very rarely have I actually used it. Seems these corrupt Doctors and Insurance operators can not work together so the gringo thinks he has coverage yet nobody accepts it. Prefer just help if possible as I think we all know the system is broken here in every area (regardless what Pichardo says). No need to use this thread to expose it.

http://hgps.org.do/m/2357/dr-marcos-mirambeaux/

Dr. Marcos Mirambeaux, Plaza de la Salud.

My wife had surgery with him, 100 % positive experience.

As far as we knew at that point, no doctors of this branch were working with Humano, due to disagreement in the pricing "policies" of the services provided. But, as pointed out above, services will be reimbursed if correct documentation and evidence of need for the procedure is provided. Just make sure to make copies of all the documents handed out by the hospital, so that you have all the needed documentation at hand.

And yes, we've experienced in various ways how the system is broken...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I hate paying for insurance bills and yet only very rarely have I actually used it. Seems these corrupt Doctors and Insurance operators can not work together so the gringo thinks he has coverage yet nobody accepts it.

I don't want to change the focus of your thread, just pointing out that I'm aware of cases where Dominican doctors have "screwed" Dominican patients all the way they can with their insurances... So don't worry, it's not just something happening to "gringos"...