Ozempic (Semaglutide)

Hoosier

Jan 15, 2018
Do any of you take Ozempic for type 2 diabetes? And if so, where do you get it and how much do you pay?

Thank you in advance.

Hoosier

Jan 15, 2018
I want to go ahead and answer this question in case anyone ever goes looking for this drug. I found it at Carol Farmacia for P10,882 pesos.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Hoosier

Jan 15, 2018
Ozempic contains the drug semaglutide, which belongs to a class of drugs called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) agonists.

GLP-1 agonists work by copying, or mimicking, the functions of the natural incretin hormones in your body that help lower post-meal blood sugar levels These functions include:

• Stimulating the release of insulin by the pancreas after eating, even before blood sugars start to rise.
  • Inhibiting the release of glucagon by the pancreas. Glucagon is a hormone that causes the liver to release its stored sugar into the bloodstream.
  • Slowing glucose absorption into the bloodstream by reducing the speed at which the stomach empties after eating, thus making you feel more satisfied after a meal.
These effects are in direct response to the presence of carbohydrates in the gut and therefore the chance of significant hypoglycemia occurring is unlikely unless used in combination with other hypoglycemic drugs.

By increasing insulin secretion and inhibiting glucagon release, incretin mimetics have blood-glucose-lowering effects which help to reduce your HbA1c.

They have also been shown in clinical research studies to be beneficial in losing weight, compared with a placebo, when used in combination with diet and exercise.

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani
I used Ozempic when in the US (insurance covered) here in DR too expensive. Used once a week.
now I use Metformin combine with Lantus insulin and it works for me.
now I understand that Ozempic and Trulicity are the same been trulicity a lot cheaper.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm gonna wake this thread up again.

A lot has happened over the last year or so.

Has anyone here been using Ozempic these days?

Reactions: keepcoming

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
To say the least. I've been giving a lot of thought about trying it for weight loss.

How much is it here? Very high in USA.

My endocrinologist put me on Trulicity because my A1C was high, and we hoped it would reduce weight too. The side effects scared me, I did the injections for 2 months, the third box is still in my fridge. I lost 10 pounds first month, my primary care doc said it would come right back when/if I stopped it. He was right.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
To say the least. I've been giving a lot of thought about trying it for weight loss.
I take Mounjaro which is a similar medication,lost 15% of my body weight and my blood sugar is more on point than when I was on Metformin. In the U.S. these drugs cost about $1200usd for a one month supply,expensive but Medicare covers it for me.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
How much is it here? Very high in USA.

My endocrinologist put me on Trulicity because my A1C was high, and we hoped it would reduce weight too. The side effects scared me, I did the injections for 2 months, the third box is still in my fridge. I lost 10 pounds first month, my primary care doc said it would come right back when/if I stopped it. He was right.
200 bucks for a box of 4 injections, I believe. I have read many times it's a lifetime requirement to avoid regaining weight.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I take Mounjaro which is a similar medication,lost 15% of my body weight and my blood sugar is more on point than when I was on Metformin. In the U.S. these drugs cost about $1200usd for a one month supply,expensive but Medicare covers it for me.
1200 bucks for one month holy shit pharmaceutical expensive in states ..buy in Canada online