P.R. Visa to Canada....poster Johana start to finish

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
congratulations!

you must be so excited!!

now the rest of us can have some hope again that the process can work in a timely way!

best of luck to you both
sangria

Johana

May 24, 2006
Thanks everyone!!!! I just got off the phone with my husband and he has dropped off the passport. From reading other posts I told him to get the name of the guard he gives the passport to...but the guard wouldn't give his name out. But my husband got a numbered ticket to go inside to drop off the passport.

Now we wait for the next call to come and pick it up!!! Things are looking good for him to be here for his birthday (Sept 6) and in time to catch Boston playing at the Rogers Centre - yes he already checked on the schedule lol. Let's just hope Manny is still with them by then :)

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
manny is out....sorry for your esposo pero he willl still get to see David ""big papi" ortiz....... lo cual es very good indeed

Moar

Jan 28, 2008
I wonder why?

Johana congrats!!
Do you have any idea why they didn't interview your man? I have heard of that when the couple have been together for a long time especially if they lived together for some time. Here's hoping, Cheers

Johana

May 24, 2006
Moar,
I'm not sure why they decided to forgo the interview in our case - I'm just glad they did. My husband and I have never lived together and were not together that long (I'm sure by Immigration standards) before we got married. I was however, meticulous with our paperwork. Especially with the proof of relationship section. I sent everything I had.

Thanks Lexi!!! Hopefully you'll be posting good news in the near future :)

Johana

May 24, 2006
The Embassy called

My husband received his call from the Embassy today to go on Wednesday to pick up his passport.

He will be coming to Canada on September 13th on Air Canada routing through Montreal - so this should be interesting :)

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Congratulations!!!

Oh Johana - I am SOOOOOOO happy for you both!!!! You must be walking on cloud 9 today!!!:bunny:

castro

Jul 5, 2007
that's great news Joanna, I'm so happy for you guys!!!!! Maybe we can meet up, will live down the street from each other!!!!

Johana

May 24, 2006
Thank you so much to everyone for their kind wishes!!!

Everyone on this forum has been so supportive of everyone else and it has definitely helped get me through the process.

I will be sure to add our completed timeline to the sticky once he is here :)

And I will have to keep checking the board to look for everyone else posting their good news which I hope is soon.

Just out of habit I checked the CIC CAS website and it has been updated for my husband to Decision made and still Not Available for my client id (go figure) :)

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
wow girl you must be in your glory
happy days ahead for you and hubby
sept 13 is coming fast girl
i am very happy for you

vintage