Papi's in Cabarete...not my favorite restaurant anymore...

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Mr. Webster, I suggest you might want to consult Merriam-Webster dictionary to clarify the meaning of the word "Oxymoron".

Ok Summer Forever, I think i know who you are.

I see you don't want to sign your "Real name" to any of your threads. This makes me very suspicious. I'm sorry, it's hard for me to trust someone's opinion when they refuse to identify themself. I can't get behind someone who refuses to back up what they say with their name. You obviously think you've been mistreated, why would you not identify yourself?

This is kind of criticism your engaging in while hiding behind a keyboard is too cowardly for me. You seem certain that Papi's is paying "Trip Advisor" to remove negative comments? Really? What evidence do you have of that? Just because they did not post your negative comment doesn't mean they are on the "financial take" from a small restaurant in the Caribbean. But look, i'm going to give you the benefit of doubt here. Say that Trip Advisor is allowing Papi's to pay in order to have all negative comments removed, what would stop every other restaurant, bar owner, hotel, B&B, and other businesses from not following suit and having all negative comments removed from Trip Advisor?

I think i know who you are, but i can't be certain if you're unwilling to identify yourself. I think you might be the lunatic preacher from Cabarete--the guy who asked me to help him get reinstated on DR1 because you were banned. I think you might be the guy that got physically thrown out of an Italian restaurant here on Cabarete beach for harassing the British owner because you thought your pizzas were too small. I think you're the guy that wanted me and other restaurants on the beach to remove the 16% government tax from your bar bill, because, as you so eloquently put it, "Locals shouldn't have to pay tax!" I think you're the same guy that refuses to pay tax back in Canada and then brags about it at the bar. I think you're the same guy that has not paid one penny of tax here on this island for 10 years despite owning a business here. I think you're the same guy that got banned from DR1, Dominican Today, and Dominican Central forums because of similar lunatic postings and conspiracy theories you seem to always invent and come up with.

I could be wrong, but until you come forward and identify yourself, there is no way to know.

Frank

Last edited:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Summerforever,

1.) I think everyone should be required to serve food for a few months to see what it's really like.

2.) I think everyone should be required to stand behind a bar for 8 hours a day for a few months to see what it's really like to serve people for $1 an hour.

3.) If you are who i think you are, you've never served anyone. You've never been a waiter. You've never run your a$$ off, sweating for someone who doesn't appreciate that you are working hard for $7,600 pesos a month (U.S $190 a month).

4.) If you are who i think you are, you've never stood behind a bar for 8 hours a day listening to someone go on for hours and hours everyday about conspiracy theories, Obamacare, hemorroides, their maligned sexual fantasies, their sexual escapades, etc.

You don't have the first clue what it's like to serve people.

You don't have the first clue what it's like to wait on people with wildly different personalities.

You don't have the first clue what it's like to serve cheap people who do not appreciate that you are standing their for 8 hours, making $1 an hour, listening to them complain, and then they leave you zero tip.

Frank

summerforever

Feb 7, 2013
Not as outrageous (and incredibly funny!) as this joke, though.

"This is airplane is going to crash and the pilot says i have good news and bad news. The bad news is this plane is going down and quick, the good news is if we throw people off the plane we might be able to recover. the pilot say ok lets start alphabetically, (A) are there and African Americans on the plane, no one answers. (B) Are there any Black people on the plane, no one answers. (C) Are there any colored people on the plane, no one answers. So then a black kid says to his dad i thought we were African American, black, and colored. His dad says no son today were [Nword']s we'll let the mexicans go before us."​

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/96584-information-wanted-two-cabarete-hotels.html

And your point is?....

summerforever

Feb 7, 2013
Summerforever,

1.) I think everyone should be required to serve food for a few months to see what it's really like.

2.) I think everyone should be required to stand behind a bar for 8 hours a day for a few months to see what it's really like to serve people for $1 an hour.

3.) If you are who i think you are, you've never served anyone. You've never been a waiter. You've never run your a$$ off, sweating for someone who doesn't appreciate that you are working hard for $7,600 pesos a month (U.S $190 a month).

4.) If you are who i think you are, you've never stood behind a bar for 8 hours a day listening to someone go on for hours and hours everyday about conspiracy theories, Obamacare, hemorroides, their maligned sexual fantasies, their sexual escapades, etc.

You don't have the first clue what it's like to serve people.

You don't have the first clue what it's like to wait on people with wildly different personalities.

You don't have the first clue what it's like to serve cheap people who do not appreciate that you are standing their for 8 hours, making $1 an hour, listening to them complain, and then they leave you zero tip.

Frank

I'm sorry I got you going and you can't stop now. I really don't have time to continue this as I've posted what I felt compelled to post. There is no point to say or not to say my name, it's not going to change anything, but with every comment you post I have less and less desire to possibly have a chance meet you, so you don't need my name. I really don't need your trust either, if you don't trust me, please don't, you and I will never arrive to an agreement anyway. One thing I tell you, I'm not a guy, but a girl, I worked in a restaurant all the way through college and could get along with nearly every customer and I constantly work with people in a different industry now as well, and guess what, I always tip well! By the way, I loved being a waitress and if you complain about your job so much, maybe you shouldn't do it. Anyway, good luck and I hope you'll find a better application of your talents than writing here. And please don't make assumptions because you think you know, but you really don't.

SkoobaDyver

Mar 31, 2011
The food service industry can indeed be quite a challenge, especially on Cabarete beach. I once heard of a patron so obnoxious that the server actually slapped him upside the head! You get many obnoxious expat drunkards wandering the food strip expecting to be treated like royalty. These people are often banned from certain establishments and then go on a tirade against the owners, calling them such names as "fascist piglet", or "delusional fool".

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I'm sorry I got you going and you can't stop now. I really don't have time to continue this as I've posted what I felt compelled to post. There is no point to say or not to say my name, it's not going to change anything, but with every comment you post I have less and less desire to possibly have a chance meet you, so you don't need my name. I really don't need your trust either, if you don't trust me, please don't, you and I will never arrive to an agreement anyway. One thing I tell you, I'm not a guy, but a girl, I worked in a restaurant all the way through college and could get along with nearly every customer and I constantly work with people in a different industry now as well, and guess what, I always tip well! By the way, I loved being a waitress and if you complain about your job so much, maybe you shouldn't do it. Anyway, good luck and I hope you'll find a better application of your talents than writing here. And please don't make assumptions because you think you know, but you really don't.

If you're a girl, then you're definitely not the person i thought you were. In which case, my apologies. but i will never understand someone criticizing an establishment but not willing to reveal at least their first name. You made an accusation, why not stand behind it. Why not stake your name on what you say? I can respect that much more.

Also, i don't agree with you about "Trip Advisor" being paid not to publish negative reviews. This is what lead me to believe you are the religious nutcase male whom roams Cabarete beach establishments making wild accusations and conspiracy charges. If you were more forthright in your identity, it would have cleared up several questions.

One more thing...you obviously had a bad experience, you're obviously confident in your negative accusations, and you're certainly not shy about telling people about it, why not reveal your identity? What do you have to lose?

Frank