Parcel delivery time??

P

peter

How long does it take for a parcel to be delivered to Punta Cana sent from Toronto. Sent package mid-November hoping it would be there for Christmas. Any one have any idea???

S

Sonny

Peter,a parcel being sent Canada post takes about 12-15 days but coming from TO maybe a little shorter.I hope you sent it registered if not it could become another post office donation.Good Luck.

D

Deb

I've sent parcels from Toronto to Puerto Plata...it usually takes 2 weeks. I usually send it through Canada Post's service.

K

Karina

What does it cost?

Deb, how big is the package, how much does it weight and what does it cost? I'd love to send one down to arrive at the hotel before I get there in Feb. Thanks! (I'm just north of Barrie, Ont.)

C

ciberstew

Since the new goverment has cancilled all the old employees in the post office and replaced them with people who can not read or write your parcel probably went to Hong Kong. Lots of luck.

D

Deb

Re: What does it cost?

The package wasn't very big...I used a large Canada Post shipping envelope. It was just a birthday package, some small gifts and some clothing, so it wasn't very heavy. And I believe it cost about $10 to ship it.

But if I were you, I wouldn't send anything that you plan to use during your vacation down that way. I've sent letters and other parcels in the past that never reached their destination.

T

Tom

Dominican Postal Service

Trying to figure the Dominican Postal service is a mystery. On 11 December, I mailed Christmas cards from the Airport (SDQ) They arrived at US destinations within 4 (Four) days, Italy in 8, Germany in 7. I sent a card to Santo Domingo (From Portland, Maine USA) on 10 december, it has yet to arrive at the destination in Santo Domingo

E

Eddy

Re: Dominican Postal Service

You might want to check with the local PO. I once had a package waiting for me at customs for 2 months. When I finally went to the PO they told me that they had received it several weeks earlier and had sent it to Customs. I never received notification from them.

G

Gunnar

What postal "service"? I've seen the post office, but I have yet
to see a postman! Of course, I've only been here for two years.

I'd say there are less than 1 mailbox per 1000 households.
A mailbox is simply the most useless item you can be the proud
(ridiculous!) owner of! They're normally not even "insect-tight",
so you can't even use them to keep your sugar in...

If I want to send anything within DR, I use Caribbean Tours.
If I want to send anything abroad (or want to receive anything
from abroad), I use (recommend) TNT, DHL, FedEx or similar.
(If I want to send anything within the village, I use my legs!)

Regular mail packages have an almost 100 percent chance of
ending up as a gift to a post-office or customs employee.

Writing "Extract of japanese legislation, in japanese"
as "content" might improve the chances...

D

Dee DeMusis

HI people!

I spent quite a while in the DR working and about the only things I can say about the Correo is "HUH? what a joke." I agree with Tom. It is one of those inscruitable mysteries...I think it would take the intervention of GOD to straighten out the mail.

I used EPS, some people use Lynx Air International...anything BUT the correo!

G

Gunnar

Hmm. I think the bible says something that GOD will wait
until doomsday before destoying satan. That somehow seems to fit
quite exactly with "correo" delivery times, doesn't it?