Veggie Salad
Chef (cabbage) salad
Potatoe Salad
Pasta Salad
Tomato & Cucumber slices
Bruschetta & Garlic bread

Biscotti , Pan Espanol (an Italian cake), Chocolate cake

Wine then Coffee or Tea
Diantre!!!. With a menu like that , I am tempted to hop into a plane and join you guys!!.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I wish you would Miguel!!!!

It would be a pleasure to have you (especially if your presence will guarantee Ambers!).
I've been furiously answering PM's and it's shaping up to be a great gathering!

Now I know you are coming down shortly after that so how about re-arranging your itinerary to make it down in time for the party?
Maybe we can even convince Trina to take a "day" trip down as she will be on the North coast then!
I'd love to see Peter and Alex also as well as Ken & missus........

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
MommC said:
It would be a pleasure to have you (especially if your presence will guarantee Ambers!).

Now I know you are coming down shortly after that so how about re-arranging your itinerary to make it down in time for the party?
Thanks. She will not be able to go since she started a brand new job not long ago. But I will be going to see my brother and I would be more than happy to meet you guys.

I will definetely send you an PM so we can get together when I get there. While there, I will call AZB to see if he can came along. Let's see what we can plan.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I do believe....

that I can make it too! I've been spending quite a lot of time in Juan Dolio and did not know you were there or I would have stopped in already.

With that menu I wouldn't miss it! anything I can bring??? I look forward to meeting everyone one who will attend....woooo hooooo

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I wish I could make it MommC, especially after viewing the menu and guestlist! However, my brother and his family of 5 are coming to Sosua with us, and I promised my first week to his family. The second week will be more flexible, we will be spending it with Angel's family. Too bad, I'd really like to finally meet you, but I guess the next time around...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Gosh Trina.......what an opportunity to make an overnight jaunt

to the South coast so your brother and his family can experience Both sides of the island!
You could make a quick visit to the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo, have a swim at Boca Chica beach and arrive in time for supper to meet the south side gang! Accommodations can be had for $10. per room in Juan Dolio and you could head back the next day (maybe on HB's tail for a brief visit to Santiago!).
Think about it........

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
Would love to attend

I'm new on this board and would love to meet some other DR1'ers.
By the look of that menu, you better be carefull or half the tourists from the south coast will be there also.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry MommC - much as I enjoy the company of HB & Asuncion & as much as I would like to visit the South coast for a day or two, that particular day we are entertaining a Swede & his good lady 'Chez Nous' - been arranged for a couple of weeks already!! Hope you all have a good get together & raise a glass to the 'armless one who could not make it this time!! ~ Grahame.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
There are several Miguel!

Hotel Flor di Loto has a basic bed,toilet & shower for US$10/night.(email hotelflordiloto@hotmail.com)
So do La Taverna Roja!
Then there's US$20. rooms at Naito market and Don pedros (email Arc JuanDolio@hotmail.com)
Also fairly inexpensive rooms at Romeo&Julietta and Juan DolioBeach!
Couple more that I can't put a name to at the moment but just walk the beach road and you'll find them!

Of course you can also get a "fin de semana" rate at Coop Marena or Playa Esmeralda or any of the other myriad hotels in the area! Now we know the food ain't great at the AI's but what the heck....Saturday night dinner is at my place!!:D

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Confirmed partygoers to date:

HB & Missus
dms3611
Juanita & Juanita JR
Miguelito
Formosano
Naufrago +3
Jojocho & Missus
Planner
Buseouno
Mara

Still waiting to hear from the SD gang! So far only one "possible-work permitting" reply! Where are ya CC, Timex, Rob, Dolores, Jan???
I wonder if MQ will be around for her birthday on the 6th....would be nice to see her again also !
Hopefully Montessorian will still be in the neighbourhood and able to make it also!:)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MommC said:
Where are ya CC, Timex, Rob, Dolores, Jan???

My Dad and nephew are in town at that time, so I'm not sure if I will be on the south coast at that time. I will let you know for sure when I know what we are doing.

Rob.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If you are in town (SD) bring them with you!

(You might want to warn them first how "rowdy" us DR1er's can be!:D). It will give them an idea of what you have to put up with every day at work ;) !

Just let me know if I have to keep the party "PG" rated!! :cross-eye

BTW Papa Tony wants to know who wants to go golfing at Guavaberry with him that day and what time you'd like a T-off booked for?
Of course if you'd prefer to golf Metro (he can get a reduced rate at Metro) just let us know! HB.......he says he hopes your son might be enticed to make it down also to join the game!

Last edited:

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
MommC said:
(You might want to warn them first how "rowdy" us DR1er's can be!:D). It will give them an idea of what you have to put up with every day at work ;) !

Just let me know if I have to keep the party "PG" rated!! :cross-eye

BTW Papa Tony wants to know who wants to go golfing at Guavaberry with him that day and what time you'd like a T-off booked for?
Of course if you'd prefer to golf Metro (he can get a reduced rate at Metro) just let us know! HB.......he says he hopes your son might be enticed to make it down also to join the game!

I could be talked into a game, normally play Metro, but will go with what ever is planned.
Ken

Moca

Jul 1, 2004
April 9

I will be in country that weekend, It sounds like a great time will be had by all.

Moca

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Update.........Confirmed partygoers!

HB & Missus
dms3611
Juanita & Juanita JR
Miguelito
Formosano
Naufrago +3
Jojocho & Missus
Planner
Buseouno
Mara
Moca

Confirmed golfers.......
Papa Tony
Buseouno
HB??

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Is everything still a go for next week? Is HB fully recovered and up for the trip down? Please let me know what we can bring in addition to the BYOB. I will need directions, thanks looking forward to meeting you. ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Calling AZB!!

This is to tantalize your tastebuds and hopefully entice you to RSVP for the 9th!
A friend is leaving back to Canada tomorrow and since they like Indian food tonight we are having Muttakos Poriyal (cabbage poriyal),Sagu (mixed vegetable), broken wheat Pongal,
Chana Masala (curried Chick peas), Madras lentils with Tamarind rice, and Pesarattu (green gram dosai).

Aren't you wishing you were here already!!
In all honesty I need to know if you are coming as I will be making a market run to SD on Tues and I don't want to buy any items that I don't need (like besan if they have it!).

Also gang .....Papa Tony needs to know how many for golf, what tee time you'd like and whether it's going to be Metro or Guavaberry!

If you could respond ASAP he'll make arrangements early next week......

Naufrago.....I believe directions are posted near the beginning of the thread.
If you are coming from Santo Domingo pass the Shell station in Juan Dolio (on the left) and watch for the bus paviillion just BEFORE the Playa Juan Dolio/Los Conucos exit (big signs mark the intersection). There's a big iron gate (just past the line of coconut palms) that is the highway entrance to our parking area. If you miss it turn right at the intersection then right again at Naito market (onto the beach road). It's the first building after Naito Market with a "cond. Las Gaviotas" sign on the fence. Apt. B-2 (just look for the 2nd floor windows with designs on them!!).
:D
See Y'all soon!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would love to, but I do not think it is in the cards.

I'll talk to Marco and see if he'd like to do the driving.

If there is something going on in Santo Domingo, perhaps we can work something out.

Right now I just can't say.

I am going to call AZB and see if he wants to hitch a ride with us...

HB :D:D

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Since blondedominican has "commandeered" the board

might I ask where our illustrious webmaster is when you need him???
It is one thing to express an opinion and another to try to "force" it down the throat!
Maybe "da blonde" needs to attend our get-together and spend some time in the tourist areas of her country (oopps that would be the US wouldn't it?) to get a better perspective on some of the opinions expressed on this board!
;)

OK....now that I've gotten that off my chest here's the latest!
Golf will have to be a Guavaberry as Metro has a tourneo on Saturday so no open golf there! Please let me know tee time so PapaTony can book it as it will likely be crowded at Guavaberry!

If possible I'd like a final head count as I'm planning a market run Tues. morning so get your RSVP's to me by Mon.night please!!

I've already stocked the wine for dinner however if you have a favorite vintage bring it along and we'll taste test it at dinner!