Party at MommC's......HB willing!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
MommC, thanks for the invitation but I think I will be having visitors in my house during that time of the month. We will do it some other time.
azb

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
That's what you always say AZB!!!

Guess you just don't trust my Indian food (honest it's authentic!! I even tried the cabbage poriyal for the first time last night-from the book Mara bought for me in New Delhi- and it was great!).

Too bad....I had a surprise planned for you but I guess you'll miss it and the others will have to enjoy it in your place!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Looks like we'll be about 20 ppl on Saturday!

I've tweeked the menu a bit so here's what you'll be getting........

Afternoon Munchies:

Picadero -Italian style!
Crudites
Devilled eggs
Pickle plate

Evening Buffet:
Penne Arrabiata
Oven Roast potatoes
Yellow Rice
Spit roasted chicken
Chicken & pork Souvlaki
Curried Lentils
Greek Salad
Veggie Salad
Potatoe Salad
Bean Salad
Garlic bread

Pan Espanol (an Italian cake), Chocolate cake

Wine then Coffee or Tea

Was hoping to see more of the SD gang however "que sera, sera"!
If y'all discover ya can make it after all feel free to drop in! There'll be lots of food and the entertainment should be "interesting"!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
My regrets

Hello everyone, sadly I have to bow out of this get together. I came down with the flu on Monday afternoon and hardly left my bed until this morning. I only came into the office to check my emails and critical messages and then I am returning to my bed. This bug is wicked!

I hope everyone has a good time and I will touch base next time I am in the area!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
So sorry to hear you are ill planner!

Get well soon!
Your presence will be missed as I know we looking forward to meeting you in person finally!

PapaTony has decided since AZB isn't coming he doesn't want Chicken/Pollo roasted he'd prefer Cerdo/Pork roasted so that's the substitute on the menu.

Buseouno and HB are meeting him at 1 PM for a round of Golf at Guavaberry (and maybe Jojocho if I can get a hold of him!).

I'm sure someone will post a report after the fact to let y'all know how it goes!

If anyone else is in the neighbourhood Sat.....do drop by!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I sent you an email

I need your phone number.

I am so willing but so unable to get out of Santiago. The wohole thing is driving me up a wall. "First she said she would and then she said whe won't"

\Plus the d@mn Blazer won't run right and the mechanic can't get it to me.

Tell Tony to pick up the stuff at Metro Bus stop in Juan Dolio.

HB Most sadly!

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
That's freaky I've got the same problem. Yesterday the Corrolla starts sputtering and stalling out. Friends tell me it's probably the fuel pump. Tried to get the family onto the Guagua for the trip but the wife is resisting too much. I'm very sorry to miss the fun. Hope to meet you someday. :cry:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Naufrago, FYI

My mechanic, a guy trained in the US of A and extremely good, says that the problem is with some gaskets that are around the fuel pump. Apparently, when gasoline (haha) stations mix diesel fuel with gasoline to cut it and make more money, the diesel literally rots the gaskets, and no go. Gasoline, by itself, does not do this.

I think what happened is that my daughter, who was here last week, probably went to one of the local non-company owned stations, and bought some "gasoline". EOS!. :(:(:(

HB...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
"Sniff" "BooHoo" Sorry you couldn't make it!!!!

Y'all were missed!
I'm super busy at the moment but wanted to let HB know that DMS has a care package for him (if you haven't received it already altho' he said if you weren't home when he got there he was gonna eat it himself!).
I'm sure someone will post details of the get-together later.......
To Planner....hope you're feeling better and will be able to make it next time!
To the "entertainment" - Hope your mom made it through the night and I'll check in with the hospital later to see how she's doing!
To Naufrago....Juanita passed on your message when she got here.....maybe we can meet next time I'm back in the DR.

Now those with car problems know why we didn't risk the trip to Sosua for the last couple of gatherings there. Next year when we have a new vehicle you all will definitely be seeing more of us.
To those from La Romana, San Pedro, Juan Dolio, Santo Domingo, Santiago who DID make it, it was great to meet you and get to put a face to the name (and a name to the "aka"!). To the Norwegian.....I promise to remember to have name tags next time so I can write out everyones names (due to my extremely short memory and difficulty pronouncing names until I see them written) so you won't have to keep introducing yourself as each new arrivee arrives!!

FYI....countries represented last night:
Dominican Republic, Canada, Italy, Taiwan, USA, Spain, Catalonia

Last edited:

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
Thank you MommC

Thank you for a fantastic time yesterday, the food was great, the company was great and even the golf was great if a couple or so holes could magicly disappear off the score card.
I know you spent days organising and preparing the food for 20 or more people and unfortunately only about half showed up, I can't speak for the others, but the food was so good I did my best to eat for two.
Really enjoyed meeting a few of the other DR1'ers and also some non DR1'ers, particularly from Santiago.
Thanks again,
Ken

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Thank you

Thank you, thank you... thank you MommC and Tony. What a feast! Even Juanita Junior was still talking about the chocolate cake the next morning and asking why we didn't take a piece home! For those who did not make it.... oh boy did you ever miss a great feast!... MommC and Tony are such warm people! Gracias ;)

(MommC remember I left your mosquito spray at Mara's)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DMS just called

He said he had an absolutely great time, and I knew he would.

I spent the most frustrating weekend of the year. No vehicle and no golf! Doublie d@mn!! :(:(

Please make sure you get the package over at the Metro Station. zIt is addressed to Tony. I sent you like six emails regarding what was happening.
I even tried to bum a ride with Dave, but none of the phones were answering until it was just too late.

Tell Papa Tony that the phone number I gave for him was 526 2208 ( I just made one up!!)

HB :D:D

Oh yeah: Dave did say something about a cake and some pasta???? Hummm!

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Wonderful evening !

Thanks to MommC and Tony for the stomach-filling and finger-licking feast ! Despite my best effort (and gosh I can be a glutton !) to wolf down my share, there was still so much food and so much variety left ! Truly an embarrassment of riches. The spicy sauce for the pasta was truly "arrabiata", raging hot ! I'm going to try and post some pix so those no-shows can see what they missed !

As always, nice to put a face/voice to the DR1 monikers. A great time was had by all ! :) I bet those from Santiago (Dave and gang) would have stayed longer if they didn't have to drive back right afterwards.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
MommyC and Tony....what GREAT hosts!

I just wanted to say again what a pleasure it was to go down and experience the gourmet cooking and hospitality of these fine folks. This event really made my weekend enjoyable. It was great to be able to go down and meet new friends, have fun conversation, and have a meal that more than rivals any fine resturant. I can tell tell those of you that missed.....you REALLY missed out!

Thanks again for a wonderful night.

Best, Dave

P.S. Please make sure I am on any "gathering" list where MommyC is preparing the dinner!

P.S.S. What special pasta dish and rich chocolate cake are you referring to HB? Oh, thats right.....MommyC and tony asked me to bring you a "dish" up specially for you.....and I ....lets see.....thats right, I placed that on your front step the other night.....didn't you get it?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Event Photos :)

Tony, Juanita and her daughter, guest, Ken, Formosano, Dave Snyder, guest, MommC

MommC_1.jpg

MommC_2.jpg

MommC_3.jpg

MommC_4.jpg

MommC_5.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Now I'm really p.o.'d!!

What a table. What a great setting! What an interesting bunch of people!! (Except for DMS, of course!:p:p) And MommC, you are lookin' great!!

Oh the pain...!

HB:(:(:(:(

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Except that 15 lbs I gained this year shows up TOOOOO well!

Oh boy.....now that I'm back in 1C weather I guess I'll strap on my walking shoes and hit the road!!

Better luck next time HB.........I'll advise Dave ahead of time so he can "ferry" you down!