Party away! Government says businesses can sell alcohol until 3am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Moosehead?🤣
Nah! That’s made in another province. We have our own breweries and many specialty breweries. We also make rum and vodka with water made from icebergs and we have a winery that specializes in wines made from local berries. I use those wines for cooking.

Our beer has a higher alcohol content than American beers. INTERBREW, a massive beer producing conglomerate in Brazil controls most of the beer production in North America now.

It would be nice to sit back on a nice quiet DR beach and enjoy a few good Canadian beers. I’ve seen imported brands but no Canadian ones. We have Brugal products in our liquor stores. For now, Bohemia does the job for me. A few grandes and a couple of pork empanadas and I’m happy. I’m surprised no one has attempted to set up a specialty brewery in the DR. Maybe there are some but I’m not aware of it. Maybe the beer and rum families have enough political connections to keep them out.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Nah! That’s made in another province. We have our own breweries and many specialty breweries. We also make rum and vodka with water made from icebergs and we have a winery that specializes in wines made from local berries. I use those wines for cooking.

Our beer has a higher alcohol content than American beers. INTERBREW, a massive beer producing conglomerate in Brazil controls most of the beer production in North America now.

It would be nice to sit back on a nice quiet DR beach and enjoy a few good Canadian beers. I’ve seen imported brands but no Canadian ones. We have Brugal products in our liquor stores. For now, Bohemia does the job for me. A few grandes and a couple of pork empanadas and I’m happy. I’m surprised no one has attempted to set up a specialty brewery in the DR. Maybe there are some but I’m not aware of it. Maybe the beer and rum families have enough political connections to keep them out.

There are quite a few local craft beers. Most are in Santo Domingo.

Reactions: Ecoman1949

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
In Canada the police get a ton of impaired charges in the rural communities with spot checks at 7 on the morning when people drive to work so be careful here then

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
In Canada the police get a ton of impaired charges in the rural communities with spot checks at 7 on the morning when people drive to work so be careful here then
Impaired driving is still a significant problem on our highways. Compounded by drivers high on weed since it was legalized. The courts are harder on drunk drivers thanks to lobbying by MADD. Mothers against drunk driving. Still a lot of drinkers and weed users don’t care about the consequences. I did it a few times when I was a teenager. Got away with it and would never do it now. Back in those days the police didn’t have Breathalyzers. Convictions were rare.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Any near Puerto Plata?
No idea. I know there was one in Punta Cana.

Does anyone here remember the German mechanic in PP who bought a brewery and set it up at his place over in La Union?

You could see the big brass tanks through the window when you drive by.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
No idea. I know there was one in Punta Cana.

Does anyone here remember the German mechanic in PP who bought a brewery and set it up at his place over in La Union?

You could see the big brass tanks through the window when you drive by.
The Punta Cana one just celebrated their one year anniversary.

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
The Punta Cana one just celebrated their one year anniversary.
A German brewery in La Union ! Geez how did I miss that one !! I would have moved by bed next to that lol.
A pair of German beers beats a full brew house of any other .
There is no beer like German beer end of story and although some are a bit pricy ( but worth it ) , as you said we can get a wide variety of the best bavarian suds at most major shopping outlets and good authentic restaurants that are German owned .

Give me an Erdinger Dark over President and Bohemia any day of the week !!

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A German brewery in La Union ! Geez how did I miss that one !! I would have moved by bed next to that lol.
A pair of German beers beats a full brew house of any other .
There is no beer like German beer end of story and although some are a bit pricy ( but worth it ) , as you said we can get a wide variety of the best bavarian suds at most major shopping outlets and good authentic restaurants that are German owned .

Give me an Erdinger Dark over President and Bohemia any day of the week !!
The best you can get. Licormart sells Erdinger and some other places do from time to time.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
The best you can get. Licormart sells Erdinger and some other places do from time to time.

My personal favorite from my time working in Frankfurt: (I've never seen it as an import though)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Erdingers run as high as 250 to 300 pesos a bottle these days but even the cheap branded dregs from the vat that they ship over here is decent.
Janets sells alot of it and it comes in 2 varietys but only in cans...
Licormart sells it for less. How much I cannot recall exactly. FYI Licormart has the best prices on wines and liquor in the DR..

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Licormart sells it for less. How much I cannot recall exactly. FYI Licormart has the best prices on wines and liquor in the DR..
Good to know !

In general I am strictly a beer man on a Bohemia diet and therefore buy most of my liquid meds in the colmados .
The Erdinger moments these days are usually special occasions or fleeting moments of self reward when I want to feel a bit important lol.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Rich or poor does 2 or 3 hours one evening really make that much of a difference to a select group that is notorious for byob to the beach , the bar or the hood of the car and leaves at 8 a.m the following morning ?
Perhaps if they learned to behave like civilized humans when they party more leaniancy would be granted..Anyway you should sleep sounder that night .
Ouch.
Sounds like something a blue a state dictator would say back home.

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Ouch.
Sounds like something a blue a state dictator would say back home.
Negative !

Education is what begins after one forgets everything they learned in school .( or CNN ).
Does true freedom really exist and serve to protect those who value , respect and understand its price if lawlessness is unrestrained and free to abound ?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Negative !

Education is what begins after one forgets everything they learned in school .( or CNN ).
Does true freedom really exist and serve to protect those who value , respect and understand its price if lawlessness is unrestrained and free to abound ?
No offense but I've zero to care when it comes to how Dominicans behave or misbehave. So long as they respect my lane, we're good. 10+ years of living here full-time, never had a problem. To each their own.

Reactions: JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.