Pay Scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
Best you hire people legally allowed to work in the country.
Yes, I want to hire people that are legal to work in the Dominican republic. I see a lot of Haitians there. Are they legally allowed
to work in the DR. How do they do the background? Is it similar to United States?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yes, I want to hire people that are legal to work in the Dominican republic. I see a lot of Haitians there. Are they legally allowed to work in the DR. How do they do the background? Is it similar to United States?

if they have a cedula (dominican ID) they can legally work here. a word of advice: for a small shop you'd be better off employing men or older women (over 45). do not hire a young woman.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
i think the minimum salary varies, depending on the type and size of the business. i would say 8k pesos a month is a good salary in this case.
10% is also a bit loose, so to speak. the amount paid is tied to the position and salary received. so you can pay yourself as a manager a lot more than you would do to your workers.

There's a limit to that, you can't pay more than 2 months worth salary to an employee (including owner on the payroll) working less than 3 years for the company and about 3 months for employees working longer than 3 years. This is what I deduct from the labour law text, I wonder what happens when 10% of your profit is more than 3 times your monthly payroll.

I know some companies pay according to the proportion of each employees salary.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
So I finally bought a very cheap building in dominican republic and I have has some clothing shipped to this store. It is not open yet because I am still buying stuff for the store. I do not speak spanish. So I was going to hire two or maybe three girls to work for me as customer service but before I start looking for employees I need to know what is a reasonable as for paying. Do people get paid weekly in the dominican republic or monthly and how much do cashiers usually get paid there? I just do not want to over pay nor do I want to under pay them as well? Please let the answers be on topic. I've seen post with people making sly remarks or talk about stuff that do not have anything to do with the question.

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but who purchases a building and starts ordering stock before you work out all the details.
Proper business procedure would call for getting all your ducks in a row before making monetary investments.
I have been working out a new business venture for a year and a half and I still have a good six months to go before everything is deemed plausible. I wish you the best of luck on your venture, but it sounds like you have put the carriage in front of the horse.

B in Santiago

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but who purchases a building and starts ordering stock before you work out all the details.
Proper business procedure would call for getting all your ducks in a row before making monetary investments.
I have been working out a new business venture for a year and a half and I still have a good six months to go before everything is deemed plausible. I wish you the best of luck on your venture, but it sounds like you have put the carriage in front of the horse.

B in Santiago

This is getting really ridiculous. The only thing I want to know is how is the minimum wage here in the dominican republic. I got my answer and people add a little more informative things in I took it in consideration but, there is not point for you to start bashing because I am not bashing any one here. I just want to be sure that the people that I hire will get paid a reasonable pay. I do not want to under pay people. If this is something you can not answer then move to another post that you can answer all this extra is unnecessary.

For everyone else thanks for the for your feed back.,

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"RED",."Fore Warned, Is Fore Armed"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is better to just ignore the posts you don't like.
Here is a DR Story you didn't ask for, but may "Fore Warn" you a little.
An American friend of mine, rented a really nice store in Plaza Central, back when it was "THE PLace" to shop.
He hired his neighbor, a somewhat wealth Dominicana, to manage the store for him as he still lived in the USA.
It was an upscale woman's clothing store.
My wife went in one day to see the store, and shop.
While she was there, 3 young women went to the counter to pay for the clothes they wanted.
The manager, "Suggested", that they leave the clothes, and come to her house to get them, at half price, later that evening.
Needless to say, he went BUST!
A Dominican you can TRUST :bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit:, is an Oxymoron.
Anyone who does is just a plain "MORON"!
Hope you find that helpful.
Cris Colon
If you just ask, we can post at least a thousand more times about people who hired a "Trustworthy Dominican".

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
OMG.. I just want to know what is the pay scale in Dominican Republic. That is why the post is Title Pay scale not hire trusted employees.. or how to try make people look stupid. For you guys that actually read the post and gave me the answer to the question that I ask. Thank you so much. 8,000 Rd is a reasonable amount.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
OMG.. I just want to know what is the pay scale in Dominican Republic. That is why the post is Title Pay scale not hire trusted employees.. or how to try make people look stupid. For you guys that actually read the post and gave me the answer to the question that I ask. Thank you so much. 8,000 Rd is a reasonable amount.

OMG, If the can't handle constructive criticism, you are in more trouble than you realize............
Like I said before, good luck with your new venture.............

B in Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.