Paying Corraplata for no water

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
We have not had water in the Los Cerros and parts of Charamicos area for almost a month
Last time their was an outage it was for over two months
But yet Corraplata still sends a bill
You think you would not have to pay ?

One is tempted in times of these outages to connect illegally to their main line (so simple 5" deep) and let them come cut off the meter off after the pump is fixed ,
water flows and you no longer pay. - seems fair no water you still pay / steal their water later and you don't pay.

Who is the thief ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
We had to pay 2500 a month for water to the school even when the government
closed the school during the pandemic.
I think I will install a free connection and tell them I am trucking in water from now on
If they ever start pumping again it will pay me back for paying for a dry pipe

But in your case - they were not the ones to close the school so they still had water available there.
You should have opened a car wash temporarily

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I think I will install a free connection and tell them I am trucking in water from now on
If they ever start pumping again it will pay me back for paying for a dry pipe

But in your case - they were not the ones to close the school so they still had water available there.
You should have opened a car wash temporarily
Thwe water corporations are government entities.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
We have not had water in the Los Cerros and parts of Charamicos area for almost a month

One is tempted in times of these outages to connect illegally to their main line (so simple 5" deep) and let them come cut off the meter off after the pump is fixed ,
water flows and you no longer pay. - seems fair no water you still pay / steal their water later and you don't pay.

Who is the thief ?
Same problem is Camino LLibre.. No water in weeks. Thank god for my rain water harvesting system.

Even you have a well or an illegal connection they will still bill you a monthly invoice for tax on the line going to your property. In Los Cerros the tax was 275pesos even though my client had a well. If you're trucking in water, you'll need to prove it to them somehow. Bunch of thieves.

Reactions: chico bill

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
10 years ago, after much talking with Corraplata over 6 months of no water and no actions to provide and no water trucks as in contract. We had our atty send a letter and filed in the court that they are in breach of contract and we will not pay.

They came around alot after that demanding payment. We told to talk to atty. They had guys with shovels to dig up the pipe and cut us off. Ya can't cut off water if it's not there. They would leave without digging, money and never talked to our atty or the court.

10 years plus, and the pipe was never cut but not one drop of water has made it to us.

Roof rain harvesting for 10+ years with some well water via our R.O. systems at times has worked very nicely.

Reactions: chico bill

Dieguito

Jan 23, 2018

Who is the thief ?
Hi,
Do you know any truck driver who would deliver water in Los Cerros: I used to call Agua Koko to fill my cistern but now they say they do not want to burn their beakes delivering in Los Cerros....so it's 4 weeks without water in Los Cerros and no water truck available....thank you for your kind feedback

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
where is the water going to come from for the new 17 story condo tower across from Sosua beach where they are carving a new road ?
Not to worry, there will be plenty of water for the new building. But the situation in Los Cerros might not improve. Sosua Ocean Village has plenty of water, but surrounding areas constantly suffer shortages.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
where is the water going to come from for the new 17 story condo tower across from Sosua beach where they are carving a new road ?

Rhetorical question I'm guessing.

It will have a huge cistern that's filled little by little when there is water and a pump will take care of the apartments.

FWIW, I put a pump on my CASSD feed when I lived in Arroyo Hondo. That pump could suck the chrome off of a bumper.

Neighbors never noticed because everyone had cisterns and mine was always full.

veraugamike

Jul 22, 2019
I heard about a Cabarete hotel owner that had his own wells to avoid that problem. Corraplata told him the water was actually not his but public that he was pumping out of the ground so he needed to pay anyway even though so service was offered. I have no idea how that situation was resolved.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I heard about a Cabarete hotel owner that had his own wells to avoid that problem. Corraplata told him the water was actually not his but public that he was pumping out of the ground so he needed to pay anyway even though so service was offered. I have no idea how that situation was resolved.
That's correct. Ya gotta pay for water no matter how you get it. The only advantage to a well is many times the quality of water is better, and you always have pressure from your pump.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If I didn't have a cistern, a tinaco would be imperative.. even in a rented house.
Agreed. We have 2 tinacos. One on the roof that feeds the house, and one behind the house that has a hose hookup to water whatever we’re growing if there’s no power.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
If I didn't have a cistern, a tinaco would be imperative.. even in a rented house.
Hmmmm, never really thought of that....

Our pump is somewhere in the well and we have no way of getting to it until it fails, so I don't know its power rating. Buying a tinaco and having it plumbed and installed should be around 10k pesos? I'm guessing. The question then becomes would that be too much strain for the pump. I don't know how to find that out. I don't want to make the pump fail prematurely.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hmmmm, never really thought of that....

Our pump is somewhere in the well and we have no way of getting to it until it fails, so I don't know its power rating. Buying a tinaco and having it plumbed and installed should be around 10k pesos? I'm guessing. The question then becomes would that be too much strain for the pump. I don't know how to find that out. I don't want to make the pump fail prematurely.
Our tinaco has nothing to do with any pump. It’s a gravity feed. Water gets warmed by the sun too, which is a plus. I think we paid about 8000 pesos for our bigger one, but that was probably 6+ years ago. Mr AE installed it himself, so I can’t comment on the installation cost

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Our tinaco has nothing to do with any pump. It’s a gravity feed. Water gets warmed by the sun too, which is a plus. I think we paid about 8000 pesos for our bigger one, but that was probably 6+ years ago. Mr AE installed it himself, so I can’t comment on the installation cost
yea but you have to pump the water into the tinaco, don't you?

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Corraplata once asked us if we had a well during our little fight with them. We told them to check in S.D. main water dept. to see find if we had filed our papers and payments.
They never returned.