Paypal Account linkage to Banco Popular account

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For those that have a DOMINICAN Paypal account set up, how did you link it to a Banco Popular savings account?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
In your BPD online banking under "Servicios", choose "Paypal". Then tab "Vincular Cuenta".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In your BPD online banking under "Servicios", choose "Paypal". Then tab "Vincular Cuenta".
Thanks. I tried to do that already with a couple of different browsers.

That link to PayPal is not active for me so that does not work.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
What's a Dominican PayPal account ?
Serious question.

My PayPal---that I hardly use, so things may have changed ---- is/was linked to different bank cards and different bank accounts, from different countries.

However I never linked from the banks side, as the OP is suggesting, but always from the PayPal side.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are we sure we can use PayPal in this country ?

If Yes.... does ScotiaBank have it ??
This is confirmed with PayPal: One and only one bank in the DR can be linked with PayPal and that is Banco Popular Domincano.

So, ScotiaBank is not an option. Nor are any other Dominican banks.

The way to set it up, at least for me, just does not work. I guess it is time to go in the office and find out why not.
Something that took 30 seconds many years ago with a US bank is still problematic here in the DR. I am not surprised.

I tried to do the link from the PayPal side, setting up a Dominican Paypal Account with a Dominican cell phone number etc,, which is how I fully expected to have to do it, and it only gives me the option of linking a US bank. DUH!!!!

Eventually this will be figured out.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What's a Dominican PayPal account ?
Serious question.

My PayPal---that I hardly use, so things may have changed ---- is/was linked to different bank cards and different bank accounts, from different countries.

However I never linked from the banks side, as the OP is suggesting, but always from the PayPal side.
That is how I expected it would work, but the Dominican account I set up with PayPal wants to link only with a US bank.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Thats correct, you can do it from your internet banking, but the ony use you can do is transfer the money from paypal to Banco Popular, the banck charge 10.00 dollars plus the other charges for the transfer, and take few days the process.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thats correct, you can do it from your internet banking,
I am unable to do the linke from the PayPal side or the BancoPopular side.
Manana perhaps.

but the ony use you can do is transfer the money from paypal to Banco Popular, the banck charge 10.00 dollars plus the other charges for the transfer, and take few days the process.
I had heard the price is up to $15 US, but will verify that as well.

Reactions: PCMike and Riva_31

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yes, it went up to 15 USD. It takes at least 4 business days, often more of course, once 8 days. I did transfers weekly because I had no other option. Some months ago it stopped working for more than 5 weeks. Not PayPal fault but of course our friends at Popular were the culprits.

I then stopped using BPD altogether because of their incapacity. I transfer my money now via Wise to my BHD account. Costs more or less the same and I have the money the same day in my BHD account.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Yes, it went up to 15 USD. It takes at least 4 business days, often more of course, once 8 days. I did transfers weekly because I had no other option. Some months ago it stopped working for more than 5 weeks. Not PayPal fault but of course our friends at Popular were the culprits.

I then stopped using BPD altogether because of their incapacity. I transfer my money now via Wise to my BHD account. Costs more or less the same and I have the money the same day in my BHD account.
Wise is a good option for anyone in DR

Reactions: caribmike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
WISE will help with my situation, but it is good to know about it for other things.