PCR TEST TO RETURN TO CANADA

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Where in Sosua if available can I get this test and what is the cost
Clinical Laboratory (m-f 7am-5pm) across the street from Playero Supermarket in Sosua. 4500 peso, go early in the am at 7am and you will receive the result the following day at 7am. Bring your passport to have the test done and bring the receipt back the following day to collect the hard copy. Saturday's hours are 8am -12 noon and they are closed on Sunday

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Clinical Laboratory (m-f 7am-5pm) across the street from Playero Supermarket in Sosua. 4500 peso, go early in the am at 7am and you will receive the result the following day at 7am. Bring your passport to have the test done and bring the receipt back the following day to collect the hard copy. Saturday's hours are 8am -12 noon and they are closed on Sunday

Do you know if PCR test is molecular or antigen? Molecular only valid for Canada..

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Do you know if PCR test is molecular or antigen? Molecular only valid for Canada..
Yes it is and they will ask you if the test is for Canada. The PCR sample is sent to their Puerto Plata lab same day, where the antigen sample is done on site.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
All travellers must provide one of the accepted types of tests, not an
Did I say that the antigen test is valid for Canada? The PCR test that is needed for Canada is done at the Clinical Laboratory across from Playero.
my apologies miss read..

JaneInTheDR

Jan 2, 2019

What is the cost for this test?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
The other day I received and email from Air Canada offering to sell me a discounted self testing kit. Wouldn't be surprised if the mandatory PCR test might be going away just like the covid hotels.