Pedro Clisante at night is like a police state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxLo

Jul 6, 2009
What is the official law that they are going by?

Is it loitering? Cause if prostitution is not illegal, and they let places like Passions operate, what is the official reason? It seems like they are saying, its not that its not ok to be a prostitute, just do it behind a wall (or curtain or whatever). Not that I think that law and order and logic are whats ruling here...I'm just curious if anyone knows the official law that they are using to make all these changes.

They seem to be going after the street aspect of it, even going after the cd girls (I assume for no license?). And yes, Seacrets is now curtained too, and I saw the people in the beige shirts (tourism officials? not politure, not sure who they officially are)

Reactions: mike l
Mar 2, 2008
Who knows what law they are using as a pretext. It is basically the law of the jungle anyway.

And yes, the cd/dvd girls are also being corralled. Those girls never hurt a soul, and are simply trying to make a living.

One of those girls was actually crying yesterday. Some of you might know her. Her name is Paloma, and she is usually always smiling and joking, even though her husband is dying of cancer and she has kids to support.

Talk about your match-stick stories. This is truly pathetic.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Ousting the chicken man on the corner is bad enough in itself - that guy was a Sosua institution!

Years ago when I had a bank card swallowed on a friday night he gave me chicken 3 times over the weekend and even lent me a thousand pesos to get through until the Monday - and then wouldn't let me pay for the chicken.

Top guy.

Shame on whoever put him put of business because he has been a lasting positive memory of my time in Sosua.

Idiots!

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, I don't think Tor was actually suggesting that they close those two establishments. He was merely pointing out one of the many inconsistencies in the present "clean-up" effort.

I realy wouldn't mind. They are clearly illegal businesses, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have a part in whats going on right now. They are loosing a lot of competition.
I think we all know why they are still in business.

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
This is the end of Sosua....., streetlife is the only attraction there is and now it's finished, the playa is not beautiful, the weather in the North not always as nice, so people will go to the south - to punta cana. RIP Sosua.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
well judging by the streets in Cabarete right now, looks like a lot of those girls have made the trip east of Sosua.....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are plenty of hookers that were in Bavaro before this happened in Sosua, Just go to the bar in the middle of Plaza Bavaro around 2AM or later. The over under will be 100.

The name of the bar on the street is Sache Leche.

Reactions: mike l

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Sosua will die like Boca chica.

R.I.P. Sosua

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEuQguZ_9IY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEuQguZ_9IY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
There are plenty of hookers that were in Bavaro before this happened in Sosua, Just go to the bar in the middle of Plaza Bavaro around 2AM or later. The over under will be 100.

The name of the bar on the street is Sache Leche.

It's Saca Leche...and has absolutely nothing to do with any vaca whatsoever...:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEuQguZ_9IY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEuQguZ_9IY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Hm, the weather is better there also, isn't it ?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Anyone remember
  • Time change to save electricity - which caused havoc and was revoked about a month later?
  • The decision to not sell gas from noon Saturday to Monday during a fuel shortage, then a week later the 'no portable containers' rule because people were hoarding gas and in some cases blowing themselves up/starting fires?
  • different colors for carro publico's and only allowed to run on designated days to save fuel?
  • Midnight curfews nationwide to curb crime and armed military showing up at midnight to chase (scare) locals and/or tourists out of bars?
  • etc, etc, etc

There's a very long list of good intentions pursued with questionable methods, poor execution, and little vision of unintended consequences... but, it all comes out more or less okay eventually.

It's why most of us are in DR in the first place... "they don't do it here like they do it back home".
Sit back and enjoy the show. :smoke:

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Just spoke to a buddy there, he said the town is very quite, day or night, even the beach was dead last Sunday, in a perfect sunny condition - when normally loads of Dominicans come down. All businesses are wondering how they are going to make it in the next few months, if at all...

This is great, now in a police-state, all those couple/family tourists are going to pour into Sosua in their many thousands, walking in empty PC at midnight (that was the plan, that's what they wanted, no?) - R.I.P. Sosua.

Mar 2, 2008
I don't mind sitting back and 'enjoying' the ride. That's basically all we can do anyway. However, it is nearly impossible for me not to comment on the stupidity that I have witnessed during the past few weeks.

We all know this is a Dominican approach, and we have nothing to say about it, one way or the other. Nonetheless, we are still entitled to our opinions, as meaningless as they might be.

So, I for one will continue to report what I see and to express my dismay. Whether or not anyone listens or care is completely beside the point.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The couple/family tourists are already going to Punta Cana. The North coast is not advertised as such. The likelyhood of hoards of tourists going to Sosua is slim to none. It can't compare to Punta Cana for beaches or resorts.
It is sad to see the powers to be are wrecking the only businesses that Sosua had. Resturants and bars were already slow.
Since this is all about $$$ it is going to hurt more pocketbooks than it is going to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.