Pelo Bueno

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
All of this leads me to a joke I once heard in a barbershop:

Zeke the zebra was feeling kinda' philosophical, and so he began wondering.
One thought in particular kept running through his mind.
He went to the lion to get this little matter cleared up.

"Hey, Lion.
Tell me, are we zebras white with black stripes, or black with white stripes?"

The lion shook his head and admitted that he had no idea.

"You know what, Zeke? You should climb to the very top of the tallest mountain you can find,
and then you should ask God. I bet He'd know."

So Zeke climbed to the very top of the tallest mountain he could find. He yelled into the sky.

"Hey God! Are we zebras white with black stripes, or black with white stripes?"

"YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE"
came the booming response from the heavens.

Zeke, looking satisfied, left it at that.

Later, he met the lion, who asked him whether he had found an answer.
When Zeke told the lion what God had said, the lion merely looked confused.
Zeke explained.

"I think it means we're white with black stripes.
If we were black with white stripes he would have said 'You is what you is,' right?"

As you can see, even Almighty God is confused by the color thing.

May 29, 2006
When I was living in Sosua about 6 years ago, I thought one the best looking bartenders in town was this girl in the bar across from PJs who had huge Afro. They had a huge painting of her up behind the bar.

There is a good documentary on Afro hair by Chris Rock. Black hair is a multi-billion dollar industry. American black women make up 80% of hair product sales. Once you get into extensions and weaves it gets into some very serious money. One of the arguments is that employers are much less likely to hire a woman with nappy hair because it doesn't look "professional." $3000+ for hair because the thought is you'll get a better job or husband.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJamE_hcck

And a surprisingly good Tyra show on "Good Hair"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeXUm8OOUA8&feature=related

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My wife is to the left of the guy in the white shirt: Everyone in the picture is Dominican, except me in the back row. The other guy in the back row is her brother. Directly below her brother is her cousin Carmen who has naturally straight hair. In the front row third from the right is her cousin Elisabeth who has very kinky hair, but straightens it.
I think that you are normally fairly accurate with your comments, but my wife has been to the states many times and she is considered Black there, at least in the NYC area.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3173/2887808891_b0c5122b40_b.jpg
That white dude upper right was photoshopped in...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
When I was living in Sosua about 6 years ago, I thought one the best looking bartenders in town was this girl in the bar across from PJs who had huge Afro. They had a huge painting of her up behind the bar.

I concur, Pluto chica was smoking hot!
Unfortunately her 60 year old plus husband brought her back to Italy, I am told.

May 29, 2006
I concur, Pluto chica was smoking hot!
Unfortunately her 60 year old plus husband brought her back to Italy, I am told.

Yeah, I sure wish I gotten a photo or two of her. She was really nice too. She could bring customers into the bar all the way from Checkpoint with that smile. Some guy like that in his 60's getting a girl like that gives me hope.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Will the vast majority of those posting here stop trying to "Out PC" each other.
Stop the ignorant "Some Of My Best Friends Are Black" platitudes!
It is , what it is!
In the USA, when given a choice to take home a "White Barbie", or a "Black Barbie", nearly all black girls take home the "Whitey/Rubia" Barbie.
I have brought many a "Dark Barbie" to give to my "Mami" friends to give to their little daughters. I naively thought they would prefer them.
NOT SO!
One mami asked me why I brought a "Black Barbie".
Life isn't "Fair", life isn't "Just", and it sure isn't "Color Blind"!
"Dark Skin", on any race , always meant you were a "Field Laborer", and therefore a "Low Class" individual.
If you visit Thailand, the people que for busses in a straight line. One after the other in the shadow of a light, or telephone pole to avoid the rays of the sun.
When I was an advisor to the Vietnamese Navy, we went up rivers into Cambodia, the brown skinned Vietmamese would look at the Cambodians, spit in the water and announce to me, "Cambodians VERY BLACK"!!!!
My lovely nut brown Dominican bride once exclaimed to me, after I told her I wanted to buy a home in Villa Mella, "No Way, THAT's where all the BLACK PEOPLE LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey! there is, racism,classism,prejidice, hate, and a whole lot more "Badisms" in the world.
I have a lot of them!
I do the best I can with many of them, "Not-so-good" in others.
But I hate to see DR1ers falling all over themselves to show how they don't have a prejudice bone in their "PC" bodies!
Guess what??
YOU DO!!!
We ALL DO!
You keep setting off my BULL$HIT Detector!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Will the vast majority of those posting here stop trying to "Out PC" each other.
Stop the ignorant "Some Of My Best Friends Are Black" platitudes!
It is , what it is!
In the USA, when given a choice to take home a "White Barbie", or a "Black Barbie", nearly all black girls take home the "Whitey/Rubia" Barbie.
I have brought many a "Dark Barbie" to give to my "Mami" friends to give to their little daughters. I naively thought they would prefer them.
NOT SO!
One mami asked me why I brought a "Black Barbie".
Life isn't "Fair", life isn't "Just", and it sure isn't "Color Blind"!
"Dark Skin", on any race , always meant you were a "Field Laborer", and therefore a "Low Class" individual.
If you visit Thailand, the people que for busses in a straight line. One after the other in the shadow of a light, or telephone pole to avoid the rays of the sun.
When I was an advisor to the Vietnamese Navy, we went up rivers into Cambodia, the brown skinned Vietmamese would look at the Cambodians, spit in the water and announce to me, "Cambodians VERY BLACK"!!!!
My lovely nut brown Dominican bride once exclaimed to me, after I told her I wanted to buy a home in Villa Mella, "No Way, THAT's where all the BLACK PEOPLE LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey! there is, racism,classism,prejidice, hate, and a whole lot more "Badisms" in the world.
I have a lot of them!
I do the best I can with many of them, "Not-so-good" in others.
But I hate to see DR1ers falling all over themselves to show how they don't have a prejudice bone in their "PC" bodies!
Guess what??
YOU DO!!!
We ALL DO!
You keep setting off my BULL$HIT Detector!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Crissss,

Really, some of my best friends are black. :) The amount of racial prejudice between blacks is incredible ( I can only speak for what I know from growing up in the Caribbean). The three main issues are skin tone, hair texture, and the shape of the nose. If you had more caucasian features, that was deemed more acceptable. My mother who was a dark skinned woman, said she would never marry a dark-skinned man ( my father was light-skinned). So yes, it has been ingrained in us for years from childhood. I too was in Thailand and I did see the want-ads requesting workers based on skin color. The lighter the skin tone, the closer to the reception area you would be placed. Heck, I'll go a step further, not even the light-skinned hookers in Phat Pong ( Bangkok) wanted to mess around with guys that were dark skinned. So you are correct. We all have prejudices. But we have learned to hide our prejudices so that we don't come off as being racist, sexist, classist, etc.. Heck, give me a choice between a morena and a light skinned woman, I would choose the morena in a heart beat. The barbie thing, seen that too many times in Toys R us with both black and white parents.

Your BS meter is working perfectly.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Cris Colon",....."Mejorando La Raza"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I once had a light skinned girlfriend from Bonao.
Before going to meet her parents, she asked me to "Stay out of the sun for a week".
She said she wanted me as "White as Possible" before we went!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
"Cris Colon",....."Mejorando La Raza"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I once had a light skinned girlfriend from Bonao.
Before going to meet her parents, she asked me to "Stay out of the sun for a week".
She said she wanted me as "White as Possible" before we went!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Crisss,

What else would we expect from Cristobal Colon? After all, without him, what would the Domincans be? Gracias, well done.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
?Y el pelo rojo?

Well, I'd rather be dead, like a bump on a log
Than red on the head, like a d!ck on a dog

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
To be honest take the race out of it I have never in my life ever met a woman who was happy with her hair. Too curly, too straight, too blond, too red, too black, too brown.

What do you tell a happy woman ?

I dont know I have never met one.

Lucifer if you have never had the pleasure of a red headed lady you are missing out my friend.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
?Y el pelo rojo?

Well, I'd rather be dead, like a bump on a log
Than red on the head, like a d!ck on a dog

I have two cousins (sisters) who are red head with freckles (they're black). They are absolutely stunning !!

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Lucifer if you have never had the pleasure of a red headed lady you are missing out my friend.

I was only joking. That's a limerick I learned from a redneck friend of mine from East Texas.

I have met some stunningly beautiful red-headed ladies, but never had the pleasure of knowing if they were true red-heads.

Last edited:

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
a true hot red head ???? - don't exist - white or black - they all look weird.

The color prejudice thing also works the other way and is as vicious sometimes. I know plenty of dark/darker/and even not so dark blacks who despise lighter people.......even refusing to date and or socialize with people significantly lighter - and can by no means bring someone home to mom who can't use their comb.....

call it Black Power or Black Radicalism or Black Nationalism/ Chauvinism - or heck just simply reactionary racism - it exists - I have experienced it in the DR as well.

Dec 26, 2011
Of the small number of the gringas I've been with, four have been redheads. Now that I think about it, they all picked me. There's something to the hype. Volatile girls but very fun too.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Of the small number of the gringas I've been with, four have been redheads. Now that I think about it, they all picked me. There's something to the hype. Volatile girls but very fun too.

Pollo,what's up? volatile girls seem to follow you!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.