Penalty Fees for Violators of Employing and Housing Illegal Immigrants

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The General Director of Immigration reiterated that his institution will apply penalties to people that give jobs to illegal immigrants, rent a home/apartment to them, and/or vehicles used in the transport of illegal immigrants will be confiscated. He said that all violators of the Migration Law should be aware of the punishment they are exposing themselves. These operations are taking place with the help of the Army, National Police, and other government dependencies. He said that in the next few days the operations will be expanded to Puerto Plata, Samaná, and other touristic areas. Eventually it will encompass the entire territory of the country.

It says nothing of what will be done to the illegal immigrants themselves caught "in the act," though presumably they are subject to deportation.

Reactions: Carl.L

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The General Director of Immigration reiterated that his institution will apply penalties to people that give jobs to illegal immigrants, rent a home/apartment to them, and/or vehicles used in the transport of illegal immigrants will be confiscated. He said that all violators of the Migration Law should be aware of the punishment they are exposing themselves. These operations are taking place with the help of the Army, National Police, and other government dependencies. He said that in the next few days the operations will be expanded to Puerto Plata, Samaná, and other touristic areas. Eventually it will encompass the entire territory of the country.

It says nothing of what will be done to the illegal immigrants themselves caught "in the act," though presumably they are subject to deportation.

Could be interesting if it's applied to non-Haitians.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Would it not be the R word if it were only Haitians? The news has the government stating it is about all illegals of all nationalities, by the way.
Nobody will believe that until they see it and I can't blame them. Talk is cheap. Will there be action?
What R word?

The reason I commented is that I'm in that category. It could hold my landlady (a Dominicana) liable.

Reactions: Caonabo

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Would it not be the R word if it were only Haitians? The news has the government stating it is about all illegals of all nationalities, by the way.
Nobody will believe that until they see it and I can't blame them. Talk is cheap. Will there be action?
Let me think... if that came from the new president, and thinking about all the other things he said he would do... I think no action.........

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
thanks. hopefully I'm going back this year for back surgery. I expect to be in the USA for 2 - 3 months. That would seem to be the time to get it started. You may be getting a PM of a bunch of questions.
I'd start requesting documents now. Anything you need to get apostilized by the US State Department is taking 2-3 months.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Should be interesting to see if they start harassing
foreigners again. The last time they did, the Minister
of Tourism gave an official apology to everyone caught
up in the dragnet.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What R word?

The reason I commented is that I'm in that category. It could hold my landlady (a Dominicana) liable.
We cannot talk about Race on DR1. That R word. Would it not be racist to only employ immigration laws against one group of people and not all nationalities equally?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's a pain. I'm here most of the time and I need to be in the USA to start it. It could entail multiple trips to the consulate too.
So sorry it would cause paino_O. Yes. it would need you to be in the USA to start it and probably require a bit of travelling around doing paperwork. Perhaps you will never need to do become legal. After all the government here says a lot of things they never do.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Oh. I wouldn't consider it racism as much as nationalism.
Yes, the natives would also say that,

The rest of the world has and would use the R word. Immigration laws should be enforced as written and equally on all nationalities, should it not?

Reactions: Caonabo

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It has to be said that this is the only Dominican forum that whenever anything related to immigration is implied, many forumers imply its only targeting one people.

It kind of reminds me how many here considered Danilo to be anti-Haitian during the various maneuvers he imposed on the regularization plan (creating many extensions for signing up when the plan didn't allowed one, facilitating greatly the identity papers for the plan tl the point that a landlord could give a handwritten note saying so and so lived there for X years and thst was enough for inscription, and many other things), but among Dominicans he was held as a pro-Haitian more often than not for the same maneuverability. A person can't be anti-Haitian and pro-Haitian at the same time. Even know Danilo (and Leonel) is often criticized for being one of the most pro-Haitian presidents the DR has had in a long time, surpassed only by Leonel. They even mock his name by calling him Danile, since many words in Spanish are often mentioned with the "e" at the end by recently arrived Haitians to the DR. In August, just days before he finished his residency, he basically with a simple signature gave Dominican citizenship in an instant to thousands of Haitians that were not able to regularize their status in the regularization plan. People here on DR1 may not had noticed that, probably to the lack of understanding Spanish by many, yet that's something that was noticed and criticized by many Dominicans (and celebrated by other Dominicans) with a mention of that in many Dominican television programs.