Peso is now at RD$53 to US$1

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I understand buy low sell high theory .... if it was in stocks ... but no one still cant tell me what bitcoin is used for... does jumbo , ikea , mobil, take bitcoin? .. and I own crypto coins ,
I cannot reply to you because once again the whip handler is in the room again.
Let's start a USD/DOP/Cyrpto thread @RDKNIGHT

@playacaribe2 was already wrong about the direction of the USD/DOP market about a year 18 months ago.
He made the classic mistake by thinking markets can only go one way.
He has learned his lesson.
The market taught it to him.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

@playacaribe2 was already wrong about the direction of the USD/DOP market about a year 18 months ago.
Instead of playing "roulette" with strictly the price of the peso in the DR (DOP) it is far wiser to learn and understand what has, what will, affect that price on a global basis. Without that data, forecasts and opinions are nothing more than cocktail talk. Learning and understanding is power. But, I don't find that to be true with the subject of bitcoins. Perhaps, my mind is closed on bitcoins, but I'm comfortable with that as pesos and dollars are my go to currency presently. That subject alone is enough to keep my mind active.

Jan 9, 2004
Instead of playing "roulette" with strictly the price of the peso in the DR (DOP) it is far wiser to learn and understand what has, what will, affect that price on a global basis. Without that data, forecasts and opinions are nothing more than cocktail talk. Learning and understanding is power. But, I don't find that to be true with the subject of bitcoins. Perhaps, my mind is closed on bitcoins, but I'm comfortable with that as pesos and dollars are my go to currency presently. That subject alone is enough to keep my mind active.
If Dollars/Pesos are your go to currency, then let the data be your guide as to the 40 year trend and direction;

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I am not sure how any of us are playing "roulette" in the USD/DOP market.

If you live here then you make the majority of your purchases in DOP and you are most likely getting those DOP by buying them on the exchange market. Unless you have an income sources in DOP that gives you the cash flow to pay for those purchases.

Now I am only going to speak for myself. I hold a certain amount of of my cash in DOP to pay for monthly expenses. I honestly don't care about currency fluctuations other than on an academic basis. I do not trade FOREX. I gave an example of what I consider my baseline level when it comes to currency exchanges. I do not have to worry about anything until the DOP goes back to the level it was at when I planted my flag in the 🇩🇴 . I will will always be able to my my kid the "gi joe with the kung-fu grip" for the holidays‼️

When @playacaribe2 came into another thread about the USD/DOP market and said the DOP will ALWAYS go down. I simply said that markets correct. There was some chest beating. The gauntlet was thrown down and we agreed to revisit the subject in a year. Then the thread was closed. That was when the DOP was nearing historic highs around 57/58. Now we are back on the same topic. And take a look at the value of the DOP it is around 52/53. I did not make some genius call. The market has just done what all markets do. And I know the direction of the trend line in the long term. But in the long term we are all ⚰️.

At the risk of getting the whip put on me, holding cash in different currencies is no different (in my mind) than diversification of a stock portfolio. All of living here do it. Even if you operate like post #29 I doubt they never have any "efectivo" in their pocket. These are modern times. I'm old enough to have seen plenty of changes. There are now fiat currencies and digital currencies. The exchange market looks like USD/DOP/Crypto(of your choice).

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Jan 9, 2004
When @playacaribe2 came into another thread about the USD/DOP market and said the DOP will ALWAYS go down.

Stop misquoting me.

I never said it will always go down. I have said the trend is downward and I certainly was around and written on DR1 about the Baninter debacle/IMF bailout that caused the peso to briefly rise......instead of fall. And yes there has been an unexpected rise in the peso to date

And kindly stop sending me any further baiting private messages.

Your "snide" comments, personal and otherwise on the board as noted by another poster, wear thin.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: drstock and Big

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
And I said that trends do not last forever.
Full stop ‼️
You need to go back and look at the thread and what you actually wrote.
You are misquoting yourself.

And if I sent you the type of messages that you claim,
Post them here and let everyone be the judge.
You have my permission.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017

I got put in a time out from the WH

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Hey man, enjoy your work‼️
I know I do.
Well...what little I do actually of it.
I got people for that now. 🤑

FYI the USD/DOP exchange rate is one of the reasons my life is so great.
But it sounds like yours is too.
DOP goes up and the DOP goes down.
But the DOP in the 🇩🇴 is the reason my life is so great now.
No compensation needed.

And this is a public forum.
I post for everyone.
Not just individuals.

Feel free to let us know your opinion on the USD/DOP exchange rate.
That is after all the subject of this thread.
I did . I pointed out that the exchange for CDN/DOP is worse than the USD/DOP.
That being the USD is Weighted as such ,USD/OIL.
Realistically, with OIL prices coming down so should the USD, but as someone mentioned " global inflation" and measures being taken in the USA to stabilize .
Artificial dollar effect.
DISCLAIMER
all side jabs back and forth are just banter and exchange of thoughts and ideas. Of different point of views.
Unlike religion , where everyone has the "right way" but won't admit to all going the same way in the end.🤝
Here is just views , ideas
Tupac said "only God can Judge me"
The USD said: " In GOD we trust" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas
Jan 9, 2004
The Banco Central has just announced a smaller than anticipated 25bps increase in its monetary policy rate.

How that works to support the peso will be seen/judged against the backdrop of the upcoming US Federal Reserve meeting September 20/21 wherein a 50-75 bps increase is expected.

The DR may indeed be out of room to tighten too much further without doing damage to the domestic economy.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Jan 9, 2004
The Banco Central late yesterday announced that it had raised its monetary policy rate an additional 25bps to 8.25%. This is the second month in a row that increases have slowed.

While its counterpart in the US (Federal Reserve) has raised its monetary policy rate by 75bps in September and an additional 75 bps is forecast for November and possibly 50 more in December, this could be the high water mark for the peso, as the Banco Central will now likely make one of two choices.

Either they raise in lockstep with the US and maintain the strength of the peso and risk internal damage to the domestic economy, or they allow the peso to weaken a bit.

Time will tell.......and fairly soon.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
People living in the real world and making exchanges in it reported a high of USD/DOP of 52.5 August 30, 2022 right here on DR1.
Since then it has been on the decline.📉
I guess that what is meant by lagging indicator as reported in post #56.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
2days ago I got 35 pesos to cad
Today 37
Ill take it
That is not good news. 40 - low 40s I could accept . At 37 your losing 4cents cdn/usa exchange.
Time will tell with the Xmas session around the corner all FED/central banks will have to hold back or make small interest rate hikes.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas