Pfizer vaccines will be the first to arrive to DR

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Its only a "will arrive this month" promise.
They do not need the freezers yet.

Why so long to just "arrive".
Talk to me when you got some ready to inject.
Is there a workable distribution plan as to exactly how the vaccine gets to the public?
Distribution is a big problem in other countries.
Governments, including the one led by the masterful mind in Nueva Yolk are indeed having trouble with distribution.
So many to vaccinate in such little time.

Consider this: Vaccination is taking so long that by the time enough people are vaccinated to reach herd immunity, the vaccine immunity starts to wear off and we are right back where we started. An endless loop.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
And my wife prefers it here as well. There is no perfect place. If you find one let me know.

As for the Pfizer vaccine, it is totally impractical as a solution for the DR's CV19 issues. Makes for nice news headlines and that is about it.

Actually, there ARE perfect places to be found.
It is us as humans that destroy them, and/or do not appreciate them as our selfish needs change over a span of time.
But alas, we need to stick here to these vaccines that some deem necessary.
Necessary to the degree for some, that they would even consider labeling persons with coloured coded markers as identifiers.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
It is us as humans that destroy them, and/or do not appreciate them as our selfish needs change over a span of time.
Necessary to the degree for some, that they would even consider labeling persons with coloured coded markers as identifiers.

Someone is riding a high horse.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Can’t afford bora bora but RD is #2 !
I still consider the DR my second home but the Canary Islands are always in the back of my mind. Maybe being born on an island has something to do with the call of the islands.

Reactions: Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I disagree. But then, I always was and remain a realist. A so-called perfect place that has no people is irrelevant in the real world.

It is becoming more clear to me that testing before travel will be the norm, regardless of if you have been vaccinated.
At least the US has started with requirements for simpler and quicker tests. (This might actually work in favor of those who never
want to be vaccinated, but time will tell on that detail.)

Why, you ask? Vaccinated people might still be carriers of CV19 and pass it on. And nobody knows how long any of the vaccines will last.
With so many different vaccines, that issue is multiplied for both uncertainties

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not sure how it will work. If you get a vaccine, you get antibodies against covid-19. I assume the quick tests are testing for antibodies so wouldn't a vaccine produce a positive result in these tests?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not sure how it will work. If you get a vaccine, you get antibodies against covid-19. I assume the quick tests are testing for antibodies so wouldn't a vaccine produce a positive result in these tests?
I expect that Antigen tests (like the AG-PCR tests done at CMC) would detect Antigens after vaccination. How long antigens, antibodies, T cell and B cell immunity lasts, those are questions for the experts to answer in the future now that we enter the everyone must test before flying phase of this pandemic.

Recently Harleysrock, who had a full blown case of CV19 along with his spouse,, had that Antigen test done at CMC and was using that along with an RT-PCR test from Bournigal and said either would have worked for the airline he flew. So, I can only guess, both tests, even the antigen one,
showed negative despite a fairly recent case of CV19...Hmmm..

Reactions: thompstr

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I disagree. But then, I always was and remain a realist. A so-called perfect place that has no people is irrelevant in the real world.

It is becoming more clear to me that testing before travel will be the norm, regardless of if you have been vaccinated.
At least the US has started with requirements for simpler and quicker tests. (This might actually work in favor of those who never
want to be vaccinated, but time will tell on that detail.)

Why, you ask? Vaccinated people might still be carriers of CV19 and pass it on. And nobody knows how long any of the vaccines will last.
With so many different vaccines, that issue is multiplied for both uncertainties

I never said that the perfect places that do exist in the world are uninhabited by man.
I did say, "It is us as humans that destroy them, and/or do not appreciate them as our selfish needs change over a span of time."
There ARE perfect places to still be found, if one so chooses to appreciate them properly.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I never said that the perfect places that do exist in the world are uninhabited by man.
I did say, "It is us as humans that destroy them, and/or do not appreciate them as our selfish needs change over a span of time."
There ARE perfect places to still be found, if one so chooses to appreciate them properly.
I choose to disagree. No place is perfect with or without man.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
What happens if the electricity goes out,
no one says anything about it and the storage
temp rises a few degrees then Maria, Jose
a little Tito get the vaccination? Will it be less
effective? Will it be effective at all? Could it
possibly make them sick? Or will it just be
"todo esta bien mi amigo no te preocuppado por nada"
Temperature alarmed, back up auto generators, 24/7 security and dry ice at 109 degrees.
This is 2021.
Electricity might go off tomorrow but you can relax about your fantasy concerns.
Even little Tito will be fine over the zero threat of warm vaccines.
On to the next fearful episode of "what if"

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Temperature alarmed, back up auto generators, 24/7 security and dry ice at 109 degrees.
This is 2021.
Electricity might go off tomorrow but you can relax about your fantasy concerns.
Even little Tito will be fine over the zero threat of warm vaccines.
On to the next fearful episode of "what if"
This is also the Dominican Republic.
After reading so much about it on this forum lately
I think my "fantasy concerns" are a valid concern.
Thanks doc.

Reactions: NanSanPedro