Photos of people getting injected with Covid-19 discourages people from getting vaccinated

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Fotos-vacunandose-Esta-noche-Mariasela.png

Take a look at the media reports on the vaccinations for Covid-19. You will see people with faces of fear and concern as they are injected. You will see the cameras and photos showing the needle making its way slowly into an arm. Ouch!

During the “Esta Noche con Mariasela” TV show on 22 February 2021, communications expert Raul Bas said there are already many people that are scared of needles. He urges the media to find another angle and not show the actual injecting. He also said that people should not publish their photos when getting vaccinated because it makes other people who have not been vaccinated jealous and depressed as they wait for their own vaccination. He said people should just simply share they are vaccinated.

Follow the story in Spanish:Esta Noche con Mariasela

23 February 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I can't believe sometimes how stupid the media can be here... So you take your child to get vaccinated (not COVID, just general vaccinations) and try your best to distract them so that the procedure can be carried out as painlessly as possible for the kid... But here, the media, for the adults, does the exact contrary to find some drama... All this makes sense and is smart...

Things like this (as well as taking video/photos on accidents victims etc) are what baffle me... What is the point?? I know people want the drama to be able to spend their day talking about it afterwards... This is simply counterproductive...

EDIT: rant over

Reactions: Auryn

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Ok, so most people afraid of needles are not as dramatic as that guy.

As far as Dominican media, they aren't stupid. The business models for most print/televised media is based on making money from advertising and the more eyeballs watch those medias, the more exposed are the advertising spots and the more money they will be worth. As much as people may criticize, if media sources see an increase of the audience when they publish photos of scared faces while getting vaccinated vs neutral or happy faces, focusing on scared faces makes the most sense. What people do is more important than what they say.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
That’s an excuse and doesn’t make it right.

That type of media nonsense happens more often than it used to, the world over. Social media has exacerbated it.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Ok, so most people afraid of needles are not as dramatic as that guy.

As far as Dominican media, they aren't stupid. The business models for most print/televised media is based on making money from advertising and the more eyeballs watch those medias, the more exposed are the advertising spots and the more money they will be worth. As much as people may criticize, if media sources see an increase of the audience when they publish photos of scared faces while getting vaccinated vs neutral or happy faces, focusing on scared faces makes the most sense. What people do is more important than what they say.

Yes, they're operating as businesses, so you are right in there... I suppose the question here is what is ethical as a whole but I suppose that concept does not really exist here...

Let me correct, they are not stupid, but they take being tabloids/sensational press to the extreme...