"PICHARDO", & "NALS" Must Be VERY Proud! The DR Is Ranked 2nd. of 139 Countries!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
That's not true and I know you know that.

You need to leave out the family bias when posting about politics Eddy.
I'll get Papa to buy me a ticket to Colombia and have a couple of Bravas on your bill. :)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I believe people said exactly the same things when Hippo was in power. You live on the north coast in an area dependant on the Tourist industry. The poor global economy combined with a local lack of vision has affected your area very negatively. Granted the government could, should be doing a lot more and wasting less money, but the lack of money on the north coast isn't the fault of the government.
I don't recall anyone saying that but it's possible. When Hippo took over it was a total mess. He even got blamed for Baninter. That got started by the PLD. Anyway, he will be blamed for all the other stuff when he takes over. I just hope people will remember.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't recall anyone saying that but it's possible. When Hippo took over it was a total mess. He even got blamed for Baninter. That got started by the PLD. Anyway, he will be blamed for all the other stuff when he takes over. I just hope people will remember.

What people remember is problematical, as evidenced by the hope of those who yearn for a return by Hippo. The archives are full of threads from Hippo's previous term calling for his head

This one started by CC is just one of a great many: http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/20556-un-believable.html

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Problem" is,I wanted Leonel to govern like his first administration.
Not become a just like all the other recent Dominican Presidents.
He DIDN'T!
So lets go "Back-To-The-Future" with Hipolito!
At least we know what we will be getting!
Like I said in another post,"Bad Times" are ahead for the World,and especially for the DR!"
I am stocking away money,food,water,fuel,and medicine for the anarchy to come!
AND,ammunition!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
He DIDN'T!
Like I said in another post,"Bad Times" are ahead for the World,and especially for the DR!"
I am stocking away money,food,water,fuel,and medicine for the anarchy to come!
AND,ammunition!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Good idea. But dont camp out to near the beach. There could be cat 5 hurricane. Or near a vulcano. And not in a high story building in case of a earthquake. anything can happen. I heard a good quote the other day. If you worry about worst case situation you may find yourself worrying about it twice when it then really happens. Be carefull with your health to CC from all the worrying.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"CHIP",...God gave Man "FREE WILL"!

He has a "Master Plan",but with all the "Evil" going on in the World,I think he wants us to always,"Be Prepared",both Spiritually, AND physically!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
He DIDN'T!

I agree that Leonel has been a real disappointment, but do not agree that Hippo is the solution.

Since Leonel tried so hard to keep Danilo from getting the nomination, I believe he is the one to take a chance on. His record is still to be written, so there is reason for hope. Hippo is already on record saying he will prosecute his political enemies for corruption, the same people who should have prosecuted him when he left office, but not his friends.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
And that's the economy's fault?
Actually my own. If I cut down on the booze and girls ..... No actually I enjoy it. Gives me something to do on boring Sundays. ;)
When my wife is here she looks forward to Sunday so she can take a break.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
What about Haiti and Cuba. Surely they most be more mismanaged than the DR. Maybe there is so much influence from abroad that Haiti is not as corrupt anymore. And maybe Cuba has much less funds to manage that it seems less corrupt.

They don't have enough money to mis-spend. In Haiti the taxes are stolen and in Cuba there are no taxes to collect.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
John Boyter muses

I am sure Brazil has corruption. And so does DR. But how can it be worse than Cuba that has had the same government for over 50 years and Haiti that never really gets anywhere despite lots of international help.

what exactly do you understand corruption to be? so what if they have had the same government for over 50 years? what does that have to do with corruption? how about the fact that they have one of the most advanced medical establishments in the western hemisphere? what about their achievements in education? what about their achievements in the arts? sports?music? public housing? what about the low homelessness figures? low aids numbers? just because they are not all driving Lamborghinis means that they have not gotten ahead? try to remember that they achieved all they did under the US embargo. jeezus.

I have been to Cuba many times and I can say:

1) Cuban hospitals for foreigners and the communist elite are great, Cuban hospitals for Cubans are worse than Dominican public government hospitals.

2) Low Aids numbers - yes, by incarcerating everybody with the disease in a concentration camp. well done!

3) Low Homelessness and public housing figures? I have seen bums on the streets of NY build better homes then some of the crumbling infrastructure in Cuba. At least cardboard won't kill you when it falls.

4) Sports - yes, Cuban athletes are well known, and the Cuban government needs to send political officers and goons to stop them from defecting at the first international competition.

5) Arts - well only if the political officers approve of the art

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Your right of course although I admit the constant news reports of Leonel's worldwide travels and entourage and failure of the Metro have left a bad taste in my mouth. If it's any consolation (It shouldn't be for a Catholic :) ) I think most of these politicians know they are going to rot in hell.

Each trip paid dividends for the DR is the form of deals like open skies, economic partnerships, investment contracts, educational agreements with foreign high ranking universities for Dominican students, etc...

The DR is currently diversifying its economy from a single track as it was before with the USA as the major real only partner.
Since Leonel took the trips the Dominican Republic established diplomatic ties with more than 29 countries!!!
The Metro a failure? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fernandez proposed buying a state owned aircraft a long time ago and the opposition barked! Since then how much money has been spent on commercial/charter flights????????

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Leonel can now send his friends to those 29 countries as ambasadors,more millions wasted!
Yeah,the Palestine authority can be a great trading partner!
He is just conducting "Political Junkets" for him,his wife,and their "Amigos"!
He wants a job with the UN when he leaves.Like you,he wont want to live here with the rest of us.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
"CHIP",...God gave Man "FREE WILL"!

He has a "Master Plan",but with all the "Evil" going on in the World,I think he wants us to always,"Be Prepared",both Spiritually, AND physically!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"If" it is "so bad," then "why" don't you simply "move" back home or to "some" other "country" in order to "protect" your family? Sounds like that would be easier than building a bomb shelter and going all Mad Max on the world.

Geez, it just ain't that complicated...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the Conchman assures

2) Low Aids numbers - yes, by incarcerating everybody with the disease in a concentration camp. well done!

this is why i do not customarily involve myself in threads which have to do with politics and religion. too much hyperbole. none of which can be substantiated. we are aware that the hiv positive in Cuba were quarantined. i am not so sure about concentration camps. please document this, to the best of your abilities. try to stay away from self serving op ed pieces from the Miami Herald. just the facts. as to the arts, i do not care who approves what. i have been to Cuba, and have heard some of the most fantastic young musicians. also, i noticed where you failed to mention education. by the way, when you make what appears to be these self serving comments about Cuba, try to remember that some of us have visited the place.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Because I LIVE HERE! THAT's "WHY"!
Maybe,"Cut & Run" is your way to handle problems,NOT MINE!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Leonel can now send his friends to those 29 countries as ambasadors,more millions wasted!
Yeah,the Palestine authority can be a great trading partner!
He is just conducting "Political Junkets" for him,his wife,and their "Amigos"!
He wants a job with the UN when he leaves.Like you,he wont want to live here with the rest of us.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
That was obvious for the beginning of his second term. I didn't realize that there were so many blind people in the world.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
What people remember is problematical, as evidenced by the hope of those who yearn for a return by Hippo. The archives are full of threads from Hippo's previous term calling for his head

This one started by CC is just one of a great many: http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/20556-un-believable.html
10 years ago Ken. Jee if I had listened to my wife 10 years ago I'd be better off than I am now. Did some stupid things that cost me a bundle. I'm sure that Papa learned his lesson too. I'll give you a lift to the polling station. :)