PICHARDO Spin this: Blackouts kill five children

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i was talking with a buddy of mine one afternoon, in front of a building with a small store at the first level, and an apartment on top. a bunch of girls were hanging around, whooping it up, and sipping beer. suddenly...boom! one of the girls ran off, screaming. her toddler, who had been left alone in the apartment had found her way out the front door, and fallen over the balcony. thankfully, she was not very badly injured. some people should not be entrusted with a puppy, let alone an infant.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i said this before. a child in DR has a strange status, ranging from a blessing to a mere household pet. there is a reason why the birth of a child is received with such joy yet its further existence is brushed off with disinterested shrug. more children die here within the first months of life than people in car accidents. yet it is not something often spoken of because the motherhood is still seen as something holy, next to cleanliness and godliness.

and, speaking of news titles:
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...infantes-por-descuido-de-los-padres-FI1309766
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...-accidente-o-descuido-de-los-padres-XA1244110
so, where is your theory now?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Government causes the blackout in a private company? Any fool can light a candle. Any person with brains makes sure it can't fall down and if it does it's not near anything that can burn. No good parent leaves two babies or toddlers alone for even five minutes. This is 100 percent the fault of the stupid women with two dead children.

You do live here and understand that the vast majority of blackouts are caused by the government being in charge of the power distribution system, do you not?

Any theory I might have about government caused blackouts, stupid mothers, and dead babies remains untarnished. If the moronic mom in the OP had 24/7 power, she would not have used a candle.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this. is. not. the. problem. of. power. this is a question of individual choices.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Would these parents pay for 24/7 electricity? back to square one.

That is the 64,000 peso question. Probably not since they still get some power even when they do not pay for it. Which is exactly back to square one.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yep. If there was no blackout, mom would have still lit a candle and the babies would have died anyway. I see that now.

amazing, that with all the blackouts here we still have any living children, right? oh, it's because other parents have more brains.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Freak accident I say.

Things happen.................................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
amazing, that with all the blackouts here we still have any living children, right? oh, it's because other parents have more brains.

Give them time, there is always a chance there will more deaths of children from using candles while parents leave home in a blackout. And if that happens again and again, the blackouts will not ever be part of the cause.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You do live here and understand that the vast majority of blackouts are caused by the government being in charge of the power distribution system, do you not?

Any theory I might have about government caused blackouts, stupid mothers, and dead babies remains untarnished. If the moronic mom in the OP had 24/7 power, she would not have used a candle.

Cause and effect don't always have the direct correlation that you are trying to convince others exists in this case. Perhaps if said mothers and the thousands like her hadn't stolen the electricity in the first place there would be 24 hr power. So the blame should be laid on the dishonesty of the people rather than the government. The blackout would cause her to light the candle but it would not cause her to leave the house and thus not be able to respond to a candle falling over. The DR is at fault for many things but it is not at fault for the utter stupidity of this cow.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Well PICHARDO never tried to put a spin on this Windeguy and all we are doing is:

[video=youtube;Cs4Gj7JsET4]x[/video]

Let's give this one a rest.

RIP kids........................

Status
Not open for further replies.