Pick up residency card before date assigned?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I’ve been given a date online to go pick up my residency renewal at DGM. There is advice of a 1000 peso fee if I go on another date.

Has anyone gone BEFORE the assigned date and successfully obtained your residency card?

habi

Oct 17, 2015
In my case there was no date given but also the advice was on the web page about the 1000 pesos fee.... Called Migracion in POP (in charge of handling my stuff..) to ask about the date and the fee. First of all they did say I still need to wait to go to the Capital even stating otherwise online. Call us again in a few days... did that and this time, ok to go. Now the question about the fee and the answer was: Just go. :ermm:
At DGM no problem and no word about the fee.
Maybe the date you got is the latest you have to get the residency done?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Maybe the date you got is the latest you have to get the residency done?

No, that's the date they give to pick it up. Haven't heard of anyone going before that, few would want to risk waiting a few hours to be told to come back in a few days. The 1,000 pesos is a penalty you pay if you go after that date. So basically, we're supposed to plan our lives around their schedule.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
I went down recently on the wrong date and that system was not available that day, so they would not process the card. Have to go back another day.

So it's not guaranteed if you take that option.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
How many more ways can they think of to make getting Residency difficult? No wonder people prefer to overstay tourist visas.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Maybe then I got "lucky" and did not get a date and so it was no problem that the POP office told me to go any day I want (after their ok...).
Then again, wouldn't it be nice if they assign a date and even time (with the possibility to reschedule...) and speed up the process avoiding to many people at DGM at the same time... :cheeky:
Yes I know... Dreaming of a white x-mas..... ;););)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Maybe then I got "lucky" and did not get a date and so it was no problem that the POP office told me to go any day I want (after their ok...).
Then again, wouldn't it be nice if they assign a date and even time (with the possibility to reschedule...) and speed up the process avoiding to many people at DGM at the same time... :cheeky:
Yes I know... Dreaming of a white x-mas..... ;););)

I suspect they are assigning dates specifically to try to avoid overloading the process on any particular day.

Now that everything is done online, they can schedule people. Previously when people just walked in on the day they wanted to, there wasn’t a way to control the volume.

They’ve assigned me next Friday. I will go and hope I can get the residency card and cedula in one day (systems and equipment please don’t go down!).

Thanks for everyone’s input.