Pit across from the Shark Bar----seems to be a mosquito breeding ground

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
I lived near the pit for 3 years. Always, there was a mosquito problem. For the common good, the mayor needs to investigate.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Also, the fence is falling apart creating a safety hazard !:mad

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I've forgotten, What was the original plan there? (I can't even remember what I had for breakfast today)

I"m sure there's no bond on the project , but maybe the town can sue the owner to "make it safe"? And once the owner does not comply, start filling it in. There's a few nearby projects, you could have it filled up in no time.

Of course you'ld have to move out the squatters first. The last I knew there was a small village starting down there.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
The problem with this property is that it is owner by the ex-mayor of Puerto Plata who has a lot of connections. I do not think that the current or previous mayor of Sosua have/had the balls to do anything about it because of this. A couple of years ago all the city hall officials were there with lawyers, camera crews etc. but nothing more was done.
It is very dangerous, not only from the road side, but also from the inside. The soil is eroding underneath the sidewalk and it will only be a question of time before the sidewalk collapses.....believe me, I get a view of it every day from my office window!

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
That stretch of sidewalk is dangerous. You have to walk on the street, which is dangerous as hell with all the IDIOT motos blasting both ways up and down the road. To bad the mayor doesn't do something to get those motos under control.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I've forgotten, What was the original plan there? (I can't even remember what I had for breakfast today)

I"m sure there's no bond on the project , but maybe the town can sue the owner to "make it safe"? And once the owner does not comply, start filling it in. There's a few nearby projects, you could have it filled up in no time.

Of course you'ld have to move out the squatters first. The last I knew there was a small village starting down there.

There are no squatters there any more. The original plan was for a 4 storey building (not including the basement level that was underground parking). There were 9 outlets planned for each of the floors totalling 36 in all. The unit sizes ranged from 51 m2 to 95 m2.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There are no squatters there any more. The original plan was for a 4 storey building (not including the basement level that was underground parking). There were 9 outlets planned for each of the floors totalling 36 in all. The unit sizes ranged from 51 m2 to 95 m2.
Somebody had a dream ;)

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Ahhh....the famous 'petchop' sign. Here it is in all it's glory!
2cdydf5.jpg

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Ahhh....the famous 'petchop' sign. Here it is in all it's glory!
2cdydf5.jpg

Thankyou, i was too lazy to search my old CD's to find the sign.

I would love to have seen an underground garage there. The dive center could practice underwater car recovery after PC floods into it.

May 29, 2006
I was just watching a program on the Panama Canal and how they had to deal with mosquitoes due to Yellow Fever. They put oil on any standing puddles to kill the larva and it worked wonders. Maybe a cup or two of vegetable oil would be of some help, at least on the short term.

May 12, 2005
Rumor has it that these guys will build a new station there as to keep a closer eye on their dear friend Papa Benito...........

11-11_amet.jpg