Pizza Hut on Calle Conde is no more

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The "menu prices" at Pizza Hut and other American chain restaurants are a little higher than in the US, maybe 10%(?), but after you add in 18% VAT and 10% Ley, they are comparatively expensive.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
bb, bienamor is a fountainhead of information about the DR. i remember that place, though..

yeah, I found that out several years ago when bienamor posted detail info on the carro publicos in SD. Anyone who understands all the routes is indeed a fountainhead of information...……..

Sep 4, 2012
The "menu prices" at Pizza Hut and other American chain restaurants are a little higher than in the US, maybe 10%(?), but after you add in 18% VAT and 10% Ley, they are comparatively expensive.

I don't understand why are these facts just hovering w/o nobody wanting to pay attention and come to terms.

I don't believe there is a place in SDQ with much more human traffic and shopping and tourism activities happening that El Conde. That is another fact.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I don't understand why are these facts just hovering w/o nobody wanting to pay attention and come to terms.

I don't believe there is a place in SDQ with much more human traffic and shopping and tourism activities happening that El Conde. That is another fact.

Are you serious? What is there to shop for on el conde besides some vacation take home trinkets? Cruise ship tourists walk up and down el conde taking pictures, look at the trinkets, maybe buy one and off they go. Dominicans who can afford the fast food certainly don't spend time on el conde.

Sep 4, 2012
Are you serious? What is there to shop for on el conde besides some vacation take home trinkets? Cruise ship tourists walk up and down el conde taking pictures, look at the trinkets, maybe buy one and off they go. Dominicans who can afford the fast food certainly don't spend time on el conde.

Do you live in Santo Domingo?

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
This is not an "American Business" closing. It is an American franchiser with a very wealthy Dominican family being the owner of the franchise here in the DR. They have many locations throughout the D.R. and must have determined that the location on El Conde wasn't profitable.
I am from the states but I don't eat at any of the franchises, except for Tony Romas on Ave Sarasota, here or in the states. Having said that most of the franchises do very well including Pizza Hut.

Tony Romas is great such a better place than the small one that used to be in the Malecone Center!

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I go to the Grand on El Conde and Ave Independencia. Never disappointing! Or Pollo Rey for fast food.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Everyday.

Another question -- where do you believe the mass shopping is done by Dominicans?

Certainly not el conde, what is there to shop for on el conde? I see people shopping in Plaza Lama, Agora, 27 & durate for cheap crap.

Again, what is there to shop for on el conde?

Sep 4, 2012
Certainly not el conde, what is there to shop for on el conde? I see people shopping in Plaza Lama, Agora, 27 & durate for cheap crap.

Again, what is there to shop for on el conde?

I knew you would say Agora, surprised you didn't mention Blue Mall. Keep living in your EXpat bubble, no one buys anything at either of them two.

No other place in SDQ enjoys more traffic of Dominican, tourist and shoppers than el Conde. Duarte perhaps but the demographic is different.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I knew you would say Agora, surprised you didn't mention Blue Mall. Keep living in your EXpat bubble, no one buys anything at either of them two.

No other place in SDQ enjoys more traffic of Dominican, tourist and shoppers than el Conde. Duarte perhaps but the demographic is different.

You still did NOT answer my question what is there to shop for? Sure el conde has foot traffic but people aren't shopping.

BTW how many "expats in their bubble" can be found in Agora? cero? Who you think is keeping the cash registers ringing at the fast food places in the food court? Sure in heck ain't tourists or expats.

Sep 4, 2012
You still did NOT answer my question what is there to shop for? Sure el conde has foot traffic but people aren't shopping.

BTW how many "expats in their bubble" can be found in Agora? cero? Who you think is keeping the cash registers ringing at the fast food places in the food court? Sure in heck ain't tourists or expats.

LOL, dude, I live minutes away from Agora. Its pathetic to see the "shopping" with the prices around it. I buy in Agora though, Jumbo groceries....lol

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
LOL, dude, I live minutes away from Agora. Its pathetic to see the "shopping" with the prices around it. I buy in Agora though, Jumbo groceries....lol

Getting back to my question "dude", what is there to shop for on el conde?

You live near Agora but travel to el conde everyday? strange...………..