Pizza Hut on Calle Conde is no more

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Everywhere, just look around. Your Agora shopping strategy didn't render results, did it?

keep ducking, you doing a great job at it. so what are your favorite stores to shop at on el conde? (el nacional?)

still wondering why you would go from Piantini or parasio to el conde everyday.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
No. I do El Nacional in 27th on my way back from El Conde.

Wonderful, about the only thing you have said so far that makes sense. Great store that el nacional.

How do you find room for groceries with all the bags from el conde shopping? LOL

have a great day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sep 4, 2012
Wonderful, about the only thing you have said so far that makes sense. Great store that el nacional.

How do you find room for groceries with all the bags from el conde shopping? LOL

have a great day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nice kick back, love it!

ROFL

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

I am aware of this. There is a thread floating around on dr1 with chit chat on this matter. Still, let's not try to make el conde out to be something it is not. People stroll el conde and people watch. El conde is NOT a shopping paradise and you know this. El Conde could use a good power washer to clean that walkway from Grands to the Cathedral.

I think I am beginning to see the light of day, you must have a financial interest in la zona.

In reference to your article what has been done to el conde? nada, unless you want to count the floral wall at the parking garage.

Have a nice day, maybe go shop for some French fries at one of the many fry joints on el conde.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Bird meet me on el conde an we can start at Las Damas down to Grands we can count all the people buying at places like Cuesta Siedres California, desportes brunnies an any of the other shops excluding ice cream parlors, an french frie joints, If we find more than 5 at any one place I will be pleasantly surprised actually flabbergasted.
any place that has more shoppers than employees will be a win.
most traffic will be at Roma, Cafeteria an the new place next to them and Duo's an Grands

we can even take pictures for proof.

Most of the cruise ships seem to hit on Sunday when the shops for the most part are closed.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Bird meet me on el conde an we can start at Las Damas down to Grands we can count all the people buying at places like Cuesta Siedres California, desportes brunnies an any of the other shops excluding ice cream parlors, an french frie joints, If we find more than 5 at any one place I will be pleasantly surprised actually flabbergasted.
any place that has more shoppers than employees will be a win.
most traffic will be at Roma, Cafeteria an the new place next to them and Duo's an Grands

we can even take pictures for proof.

Most of the cruise ships seem to hit on Sunday when the shops for the most part are closed.

LOL, I have no problem with el conde at all. Matter of fact I enjoy el conde otherwise I would not go there that often. El conde is what it is, no more no less. A closed off to automobile traffic pedestrian walkway. The most exciting day is cruise ship day to watch the people snap pictures and gawk cuz nice to remember my first visits to el conde when I did the same.

Dominicans from the campo love el conde simply because it is a day in the big city.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
WYW and B.B., you’re sounding like an old married couple bickering over nothing :)

Maybe have to rename you Felix and Oscar.  

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The first time I strolled along El Conde was back in 97, very different.

It was fun back then, sipping on a media pollo (small white coffee) at Paco's watching the world go by.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My first trips to El Conde were in the 70s. Open to traffic. Dirty and crappy shops. The Mercado Modelo was the highlight, if that tells you anything about CZ in those days. 

We hadn’t been back in over a decade.  Stayed at Casa Sanchez and walked down to Conde. Wow, what a difference. 

Did Casa Sanchez really close???  What a loss, I loved it 

Sep 4, 2012
WYW and B.B., you’re sounding like an old married couple bickering over nothing :)

Maybe have to rename you Felix and Oscar.  

How is the respecful exchange of experiences bickering?

Nothing to see here, move alone.

BB and I may just see thing differently but are grown enough to not go beyond what this is, a professional discussion in which I've busted his chops because El Conde is where all of the shopping takes place and where all people go to in Santo Domingo......LOL!

See, nothing to argue about :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
How is the respecful exchange of experiences bickering?

Nothing to see here, move alone.

BB and I may just see thing differently but are grown enough to not go beyond what this is, a professional discussion in which I've busted his chops because El Conde is where all of the shopping takes place and where all people go to in Santo Domingo......LOL!

See, nothing to argue about :)

Exactly, no argument. I merely gave Wishing U Well an education about calle el conde.

see no shopping on el conde only lessons to be learned...……… :)

BTW WYW, I lost count of how many people I saw with shopping bags in that video alexw posted in another thread. At that five minute mark I guess there is some shopping to be done on el conde. wink-wink

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
I love Pizza Hut business model and the way it caters as restaurant and not necessarily a pizza joint. The pizza and salad bar mixes very well.