Places for Massage in Santo Domingo

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
I did a search for this and the only information I found was from posts in 2006 Can anyone recommend a good massage parlor without a happy ending in Santo Domingo. This is my first time in Santo Domingo as I am always in the North Coast. What are the prices currently? My husband and I will be there for our immigration interview and I thought a massage prior to will be relaxing for both of us. Thanks for your suggestions.

rubio_higuey

Feb 7, 2007
There is spa/massage place in Hotel Clarion (3rd floor), just off Tiradentes.
There is also a massage place in Hotel Napolitano (Malecon) on the terrace level, reasonable prices.

I would assume most international hotels (Intercontinental, Melia, Jaragua, Holiday Inn, Hilton, etc.) do have massage/spa places.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Thanks for the advice

I appreciate the places recommended. As for the international hotels, am I correct in assuming that the spas are going to have gringa pricing because they are catering to tourist?

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I've been told that there's a training program for the blind here in the Capital that teaches them massage therapy as a skill and thus, one can go to their school and get very good massage for rock bottom prices. I don't have the name or # but the friend who told me about the place is solid.

lajoa711

Jan 17, 2007
I went to this Spa & Salon - Dynamic Beauty: Dynamic Beauty Spa & Salón - Inicio
Prices are in dollars but I found them to be reasonable ... I paid in pesos. I didn't get a massage there although they offer that service but I got my hair done, manicure & pedicure. They are very new ... they just opened in Nov 2009.