Plastic Wave Horror Film

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ahhh. No. It makes plastic into cloths a lot worse. You have NO idea and didn't read the article. Did you?

We cover this around the world and it is a complete fail concerning responsible plastic recycling.

Some of those new into that market are getting out. NOT the way to go and they understand. To bad you don't.

Patagonia started recycling plastic bottles for their fleece....
Still do as far as I know

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The sad part is the continuing pattern of abasement towards the RD and it's native population that seems to delight some, and go unchecked at times within this webforum.

As I said to him in the message accompanying his infraction, sometimes it’s best to leave a post like this. Reveals so much about the poster.

Back on topic please

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Tax the plastic

Many of the other islands have taken steps to reduce plastics... single use items.

Plastic production is a massive business here with over 200 firms associated with it. There are about 20 large ones and 16 of those export mostly to Haiti and the US. Last year more than $200 million USD was exported.

I say tax the plastic products, make it expensive and with that money use it to recycle/ educate and look for alternatives.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I saw that junk of a plastic mess on the SD Malecon since May. I even took pictures because I could not believe my eyes. Hopefully, something positive will come out of this. When I purchase a slice of cake in a bakery, I no longer accept the styrofoam trays but ask for them to give it to me in a small paper bag. When going to the market, I now go with a reusable bag, not plastic. We all need to do our part.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just went shopping in San Carlos....etc in Santo Domingo. Garbage everywhere. Jarabacoa is almost sterile in comparison.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
[video=youtube_share;TPd_eNGj_5Q]https://youtu.be/TPd_eNGj_5Q[/video]

this video should be broadcast everyday on the TV stations to show people what happens when they don't dispose of their garbage properly …..maybe a few would learn

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The good thing is that they are cleaning it up, next step is to educate ignorant people who through their trash anywhere without thinking on the consequences.

JJ

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Just went shopping in San Carlos....etc in Santo Domingo. Garbage everywhere. Jarabacoa is almost sterile in comparison.
We rode through San Francisco de Marcoris this week and were pleasantly surprised how clean and organized it was.

Granted we were on main roads, but still...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Another day, another 500,000,000 drinking straws. :cheeky: