Plastic Wave Horror Film

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
the fish taste good out of the Ozama River.... only thing is Im starting to turn orange....

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
that's nice to hear . Cant say the same for SPM its a total sess pool it's so sad .... more mottos than flys

shingani

May 7, 2011
This is payback time.....all those years when plastic refuse were just thrown on the street to be (sometimes) collected by thrush trucks have now resulted in a blow back of biblical proportions.....

Que bueno que llego' la kharma.....

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
This is payback time.....all those years when plastic refuse were just thrown on the street to be (sometimes) collected by thrush trucks have now resulted in a blow back of biblical proportions.....

Que bueno que llego' la kharma.....

True, There was no happy end to that plan. But it's even worse that we are all imagining. Microscopic fibers are being washed out of our clothes and into the water system, and they can't be filtered out. We're drinking that, and those things are entering our bodies and staying there. Microscopic carcinogenic fibers accumulating in our bodies.

Plastic out gasses forever. The out gas spike is highest immediately after it is manufactured. But it will continue to out gas with diminishing levels. Forever. And we use it for every single food product.

By the time they impose a total ban on plastic, it will be too late.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I think it is is a worldwide problem that is apparent on every Caribbean island I have been to, every state in the US and Mexico that I have been to, and across Canada. I can't speak for the UK or Europe, but certainly pictures I have seen of parts of Africa and SE Asia also show the same behaviour.
True, it is a global problem. I have read that on a microscopic level each of our bodies suffers from the same condition. Awash with tiny plastic particles.

AdamJames89

Dec 22, 2020
new york
kushly.com
When such a law is introduced, they say about it in advance, so that all shops and other places can smoothly move to a world without plastic. And I see that soon it will really happen!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Was Dustin Hoffman given bad advice in The Graduate about "The Future" ?
The Chinese won't survive without plastic wrapping all their cheap crap

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Although this thread line is a bit older, it does remain relevant.
I have seen a huge shift in restaurant takeout baggings here in the RD being of the paper variety, as opposed to plastic.
Styrofoam remains though.